• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith Loss it For Us

frankthetank966

I hate to soley blame the game on one guy. But what it comes down to, is Josh Smith lost the game for the Hawks vs the Suns. Smoove took too many outside shots and tried to force several shots down the line. He did not execute down the line and it cost us. We have talked about this several times, JSmoove should be playing the inside game. No need for him to be taking 18 footers. I really think we should have one this game. Those two missed ft's by Marv were huge and Bibby did not need to force a 3PT when we were tied and had the ball. At that point of the game you set up a play and wait for the open shot. Just my two cents.

Edited by frankthetank966

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the 2nd half though one thing struck me

If Smoove drove the basketball in the halfcourt offense like the "Village Idiot" of HS Marvin Williams has shown the ability to do he'd be a perennial All-Star.

Instead Smoove shoots that 20 foot Jumper when the lane is cleared late in the game and at the very least he could draw a foul.

If I could get a XMAS present for the Hawks I'd give them a "Clue."

All the talent in the world but it just doesn't translate at times on the court.

Having said that I'm not too upset with this loss. As I just told someone else the Suns "get" players on the cheap like Grant Hill right now and the Hawks aren't on that level yet.

Back to Smoove though, hopefully someone will find that elusive "clue."

I didn't realize Joe was 4-20 something (as I said I didn't see the entire game)

If any player on your team shoots that kind of % it will be a fluke if you win.

Having said that my observations on Smoove I stand by.

Edited by gsuteke

I am waiting for someone to say: SMoove had 24 and 10 how did he lose us the game?

When SMoove realizes that we don't want him to shoot 25 times and just play defense we will be a great team. He needs to play on a team like Thunder and Wolves so he can be the "man", not HERE.

Our "best" defensive player with no SHOT and LIMITED offensive game attempts 22 freaking shots. OMG

With that being said Joe lost us this game not Smoove though. Joe was DION GLOVER tonite.

Smith started the game 1-8. he was fine after that. Yeah he takes too many jumpers but he still took it to the basket a lot. he got to the line 9 times.

If JJ has a slightly below average game instead of a horrible one we win. He seems to have some of his worst games against the Suns.

Smith started the game 1-8. he was fine after that. Yeah he takes too many jumpers but he still took it to the basket a lot. he got to the line 9 times.

If JJ has a slightly below average game instead of a horrible one we win. He seems to have some of his worst games against the Suns.

He wants to show them that he should of been their 1st or 2nd option. Unfortunately for us we always lose to them because of this. Joe always forces shots against them and thinks ME first instead of TEAM first.

Brandon Roy would be awesome though.

I BLAME WOODY!!!

He is the coach.

When will he tell JJ. You are not feeling it tonight, get others involved.

When will he tell JJ. Maybe you are so tired cause you dribble and fight a double team for 20 seconds..PASS THE DAM BALL.

When will he tell Marvin. Dude, we need you to score some points. Dont be scared to shoot the ball

When will he tell Smoove, if you shoot another dam 20ft you are on the bench.

When will he draw up a play that doesnt leave Smoove at the 3pt line. Smoove needs an intervention from the 3 ball and 20ft jumper, but leaving him out there is like leaving some crack on table and telling a crack head dont do drugs.

When will he tell Smoove. talk to the offical after the play. Your man just freaking scored, cause you didnt get back on D.

FIRE WOODY!!!!