• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What Player "on the blocks" do you want to see us get...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Just for grins... I really want to see what all the fuss is about.

What player on the blocks do you want to see us get... take your pick...

and what player or thing would you like to see us trade to get it?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An NBA executive said several teams have expressed interest in Udonis Haslem -- Atlanta and Minnesota are among his admirers -- but nothing has piqued Miami's interest ??

Miles is a legitimate scorer again perhaps.

Dropped 13 points in 13 minutes on 4/6 last night with Wally and Lebron on him.

Portland is already hurt. One more game and Miles has enough games to be paid by them.

I would rather have him than Othello and Thomas Gardner.

Miles is a legitimate scorer again perhaps.

Dropped 13 points in 13 minutes on 4/6 last night with Wally and Lebron on him.

Portland is already hurt. One more game and Miles has enough games to be paid by them.

I would rather have him than Othello and Thomas Gardner.

The argument is bunk because unless he starts Woody won't play him.

Yes it does. We could easily get a non-starting big man that would see minutes off the bench.

Really, like Solo? Unfortunatly we don't have the depth to trade any of our bench big guys for someone that would be better than what we already have. Solo has proved he deserves minutes yet doesn't recieve them. What makes you think anyone else would get any burn?

Really, like Solo? Unfortunatly we don't have the depth to trade any of our bench big guys for someone that would be better than what we already have. Solo has proved he deserves minutes yet doesn't recieve them. What makes you think anyone else would get any burn?

Solo is a young guy who's never gotten any playing time. If the Hawks went out of their way to get a backup center (Like Przybilla), he would definitely get playing time. I don't know how else to explain it.

• Premium Member

You guys are really good at making these wish list, but nobody wants to pay for any of this stuff.

Let me ask again...

What player do you want off the blocks...

and

WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO GIVE UP FOR HIM?

So Floyd, what would you give for Pryz?

You guys are really good at making these wish list, but nobody wants to pay for any of this stuff.

Let me ask again...

What player do you want off the blocks...

and

WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO GIVE UP FOR HIM?

So Floyd, what would you give for Pryz?

I don't know what he's worth. It's a list of who we like, not trades we'd make.

Diop, Gooden, Wilcox, J. Smith, Nazr are all possible bigs that could be brought in through trades and MAY be able to be had without giving up a core player / starter. Pryzbilla would be nice but I just think he would be the most expensive of anyone mentioned. The problem is that most of the guys mentioned will be FA's at the end of the season any way.

There will be some salary dumps this year. There alwayse are and this year the reasons for salary dump trades are more likely then years past due to the economy and the clearing of cap space for the 2010 FA that half the league seems obssessed with. Would The Clippers cut and run with Camby since they are a lottery team ? Doubtful but you never know.

I would move ZaZa and fillers if it were for a legitimate upgrade. I would package ZaZa with either Flip or Mo and either Solo or Morris for Wilcox or Varejo. Speedy can be used as a cap filler if needed and a 2nd rounder as a pot sweetner. That may or may not get the deal done. I would give up ZaZa with Flip for Diop. I think Dallas would LOVE ZaZa and Law for Diop and would have happened yesterday b/c Dallas definately needs a PG of the future but I like Law too much to sale him out so early in his career. (I think those trades work salary wise).

I would not be suprised if the team stands pat until FA. Then Sund can make some serious decisions. There will be a handful of capable bigs available in FA: (D. Lee, R. Wallace, Varejo, Wilcox, Gooden, J. Smith, McDeysse, Heywood, Thomas). Most, if not all, of these guys would be nice upgrades off the bench and a couple of them like Lee or Wallace could start. We could take a flyer on a cheaper FA big like Gray, Frye, Diogu, or Swift.

Championship teams need depth in the front line................It just all depends what happens with Bibby and Marvin in FA ,as to what we have to spend, and those decisions will be made based on how the market values them. Hard to see into that crystal ball right now.

Now if you want to smoke the pipe I'll dream of perennial allstars like Bosh or Boozer signing an extension in trades with anyone on the roster but JJ. Thats just a pipe dream. Those guys have no reason not to test the waters and get their MAX market value in FA. I would think long and hard on trades for centers like: Kaman, Dalembert, or Bedrinas. Not sure I'm quite ready for that yet.

Edited by coachx

I don't know how else to explain it.

And I don't know how else to explain to you that just because we have a decent bench player he will get PT with Woody as our coach. I don't appreciate the "simpleton" tone especially when you seem to be missing our HC's biggest weakness.