• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks almost must make a trade.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think this is a chance for the Hawks to do something that can elevate us to a championship run.

We have some ending contracts: Bibby, Zaza, Solo, Flip, and Marvin...

We have to do something with Chillz.

However, I think we need to finish strong.

I would consider trading Marvin for R. Wallace or working a deal for G. Wallace.

I think this is a chance for the Hawks to do something that can elevate us to a championship run.

I would consider trading Marvin for R. Wallace or working a deal for G. Wallace.

GW hasn't been the same since the concussions. Acie + the 2010 first for Camby and their this year first.

Edited by Swatguy

How does that make us a championship team. I dont see G. Wallace as solving any issue we have now. R. Wallace is fading fast.

Marvin Williams

For

Aaron Gray (7'0" 270lbs BIG BODY we need).

Joakim Noah (Take a chance on him. Maybe, he and Big Al can bring an attitude and chemistry they had at Gator town)

Thabo Sefolosha (project kid with a lot of upside).

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

The trade works on the ESPN Trade Machine. Here is the Link

Marvin Williams
Salary: $5,636,142 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 13.4 REB: 6.1 AST: 1.5 PER: 15.36

For

Aaron Gray
Salary: $711,517 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 3.8 REB: 4.9 AST: 1.0 PER: 11.82

Joakim Noah
Salary: $2,295,480 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 4.5 REB: 5.9 AST: 0.9 PER: 15.25

Thabo Sefolosha
Salary: $1,931,160 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 5.2 REB: 2.9 AST: 1.6 PER: 12.91[/code]

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

• Premium Member
How does that make us a championship team. I dont see G. Wallace as solving any issue we have now. R. Wallace is fading fast.

R Wallace fading fast?

On the season 12.5, 7.5 rpg, while shooting 42% from the field and 37% from 3.

Moreover, he brings a portion of the game we need... good defense in the paint and the ability to score in the paint or outside.

GWallace on the other hand is an aggressive guy who can get to the rim on offense. Smoove does that sometimes (like last night) and when he does, we win... it's evident that we need that type of player consistently on this team.

R Wallace fading fast?

Moreover, he brings a portion of the game we need... good defense in the paint and the ability to score in the paint or outside.

GWallace on the other hand is an aggressive guy who can get to the rim on offense. Smoove does that sometimes (like last night) and when he does, we win... it's evident that we need that type of player consistently on this team.

Yeah he is fading fast and he has just a terrible attitude. Detroit can keep him. Like i said G Wallace does not solve our problems and plus he is injury prone.

The only way I see us making a trade big enough to matter is if Bibby gets injured before the deadline and we play just as well without him. Then we might move Bibby. Otherwise I doubt anything will come up that might not make us worse. As it is, we have a good shot to win one round in the playoffs, I'll take that and see what free agent big we can add this summer.

If I were the Hawks GM and I had to make a move, I'd dump Woody for someone like Fratello.

• Premium Member
plus he is injury prone.

Gerald Wallace last 3 years - 169/203 games = 83%

Marvin Williams last 3 years - 180/202 games = 89%

Joe Johnson last 3 years - 177/202 games = 87%

In comparison, Wallace is not that much more injury prone than Marvin or Joe.. Lord knows we have said the same about Bibby.

What are you suggesting our problems are?

A seven footer. Can play with his back to the basket when the jumpers are not falling for our backcourt and who can alter and block shots on the defensive end. Thats our main problem

We dont need a 6'10 3pt shooter.

• Premium Member
When you trade from a position where you 'have to do something,' you usually get taken.

Sund has to think of every deal in a win-win fashion so that that doesn't happen.

Like I mentioned above, we have several good trading pieces... the point is that we're just not going to give them away for something that doesn't benefit us. At this point, the value of the players supersedes our need to get something done! And in any trade, that should always be the case.

• Moderators
R Wallace fading fast?

Haha. I love Rasheed and in the playoffs he would be huge to have. That said his stats are almost exactly the same as Marvin's. In fact outside of rebounding they aren't as good. Not that stats tell the whole story.

Haha. I love Rasheed and in the playoffs he would be huge to have. That said his stats are almost exactly the same as Marvin's. In fact outside of rebounding they aren't as good. Not that stats tell the whole story.

Word, lets clear up some illusions. Rasheed Wallace doesn't EVER play inside. If you could bank on him being moderately productive in the future, he'd actually be a decent fit next to Al because Al could cover for his rebounding deficiencies and both of them are decent shooters which means you could post up JJ a lot. Unfortunately, he's a FA and someone would be willing to get in a bidding war with us and I'm not willing to shell out for any contract longer than 2 years below MLE money for a big who will be 35 at the beggining of next season and isn't Tim Duncan.

As far as GWallace goes, he is like Josh offensively. He takes it to the rim more, which is good, he isn't nearly as gifted a finisher though and he is almost exactly as (in)effective on his jumpers this season. We aren't going to play two slashing forwards with iffy jumpers, it just doesn't work as we can see in Philly this season.

Now why "must" we make a trade? Because we aren't contenders this season? Find us a way to get Lebron, Dwight, Wade, or Duncan because by my estimation those are the types of guys it would take.

Otherwise, we are just proposing rash trades for percieved "needs" during a rough patch where we are facing injury concerns.