• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chandler traded to Thunder

mattlanta

The Hornets have reportedly dealt Tyson Chandler to the Thunder for Chris Wilcox, Joe Smith and the rights to Devon Hardin, the 50th pick of the 2008 Draft.

NewsOK.com is reporting the deal as complete, while the New Orleans Times-Picayune says it could be completed later on Tuesday. Regardless, it appears this deal is happening. Once Chandler is ready to play (he's missed 12 straight games with a sprained ankle), he would take over as the starting center in Oklahoma City, where his already limited scoring average could take another hit without alley-oops to catch from Chris Paul. His expected arrival also negatively impacts the value of Nick Collison and Nenad Krstic. Feb. 17 - 1:38 pm et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...A&hl=110463

good trade for both teams. Thunder get a defensive big down low who will change shots and who can finish above the rim and I know most ppl would disagree with this but Wilcox may be the best player in this trade. Chandler is what CP3 made him..he may not be as good without a great PG like Paul. I think Chris Paul can make Wilcox a better player than Chandler and then to add Joe Smith to the trade makes it a even better one. Fair trade for both sqauds

We didn't have the expiring contracts for it. Marv isn't expiring this season though is he? They'd still have to pay him.

They wanted to drop salary ASAP because they are having severe $$$ trouble.

Marvin is cheap now and he's expiring. If they didn't want to sign him they don't have to.

Plus they could net something in a S&T possibly as well, atleast a trade exception.

• Admin
wow we could have had him.....damn

The Thunder seem committed to getting better. I like the potential of their team. Durant and Green are starting to come into their own. Westbrook is much better already then expected. They need a SG but with all their draft picks I think they can pick one up.

Tyson Chandler, who was traded to Oklahoma City on Tuesday, failed to pass his physical and has rejoined the Hornets, the team announced Wednesday.

"We welcome Tyson back with open arms," GM Jeff Bower said. Chandler has missed 12 games with a severely sprained left ankle and it must be a big enough concern that the Thunder didn't feel like messing with it. This makes for an awkward situation in New Orleans, and puts owner George Shinn back in jeopardy of paying the luxury tax this summer. Joe Smith, center Chris Wilcox and Devon Hardin will rejoin the Thunder. Feb. 18 - 11:00 pm et

http://rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.asp...A&hl=110643