• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody throwing darts at Smoove and JJ?

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

To Summarize

Woody called Smoove's rebounding (or lack there of) unacceptable. I think the Lakers forwards finished the game with 30+ rebounds while the Hawks forwards only had 3. Unacceptable??? I also heard Woody praising Kobe for motivating his teammates even though he (Kobe) didn't have his usual 25 pt scoring night. Could this be a dart thrown at our boy JJ??? Seems like coach Woodrow is getting a little sick of the roller coaster ride.

To Summarize

Woody called Smoove's rebounding (or lack there of) unacceptable. I think the Lakers forwards finished the game with 30+ rebounds while the Hawks forwards only had 3. Unacceptable??? I also heard Woody praising Kobe for motivating his teammates even though he (Kobe) didn't have his usual 25 pt scoring night. Could this be a dart thrown at our boy JJ??? Seems like coach Woodrow is getting a little sick of the roller coaster ride.

Coach Woodson is a stand upguy and in this case is telling it like it is. He is actually light on them publicly. Joe and Josh play like spoiled, lazy kids, instead of profesional star quality leaders. Watching Joe's body language on the court and on the bench reminds me of a 10 year old that ate too much.

Kobe is serious every minute of the game. His team reflects as much. These guys still do not play like men.

exactly.. he can throw darts all he wants... he still sucks a$$ as a coach...

He may suck as a coach in your opinion but he still had as many rebounds as your boy did last night without even playing a single second. In this case he was 1000% justified in what he was saying.

Literally every person affiliated with the Atlanta Hawks basketball team was weak as hell last night. All of the starters sucked for their own reasons: Josh got abused on the glass, Joe couldn't hit a shot and really perfected his sulking routine, Al... did Al even play last night?, Marv and Bibby sucked on D and couldn't make a difference on offense, Mo and Acie couldn't hit anything (I did like how Acie pushed the pace though), Woody sat there watching the team blatantly mail one in with his head in his hands... if you're gonna get after a guy, DO IT. I was more animated than Woody and I was watching the game in my room trying to be quiet because my roomate was asleep.

I'll give some credit to Zaza and Solo because I thought they were moderately effective. Looks like Rio was effective too but I didn't wait around to see him and I'm 99% sure that his effectiveness won't translate into minutes.

This is a game that I don't want to talk about. Not worth it.

Literally every person affiliated with the Atlanta Hawks basketball team was weak as hell last night. All of the starters sucked for their own reasons: Josh got abused on the glass, Joe couldn't hit a shot and really perfected his sulking routine, Al... did Al even play last night?, Marv and Bibby sucked on D and couldn't make a difference on offense, Mo and Acie couldn't hit anything (I did like how Acie pushed the pace though), Woody sat there watching the team blatantly mail one in with his head in his hands... if you're gonna get after a guy, DO IT. I was more animated than Woody and I was watching the game in my room trying to be quiet because my roomate was asleep.

I'll give some credit to Zaza and Solo because I thought they were moderately effective. Looks like Rio was effective too but I didn't wait around to see him and I'm 99% sure that his effectiveness won't translate into minutes.

This is a game that I don't want to talk about. Not worth it.

The only reason we didn't lose by 20 is because Rio refused to stop playing basketball. He was even robbed at least a couple of assists-one, the official scorer refused to acknowledge, and Thomas Gardner missed an open lay-up for the other.

It makes me wonder how he might affect games if he were used as an actual energy guy-come in when the team gets too slow and lazy and see if he can provide a spark.

To Summarize

Yes. And for once I agree with Woody. Smoove needs to focus on getting boards and playing defense also. Its not just about PPG.

JJ and Smoover are really pissing me off. You wanna make the big bucks then play like it. I mean seriously Smoove needs to learn how to rebound. I mean Odom had 20 boards...WTF??

JJ seems to have forgot how to put the ball in the goal. His first two years he shot at 45 and 47 clip while being the only scorer on the team. The past two years he's shot a putrid 43% and his 3pt stroke is non existent.

JJ and Smoover are really pissing me off. You wanna make the big bucks then play like it. I mean seriously Smoove needs to learn how to rebound. I mean Odom had 20 boards...WTF??

JJ seems to have forgot how to put the ball in the goal. His first two years he shot at 45 and 47 clip while being the only scorer on the team. The past two years he's shot a putrid 43% and his 3pt stroke is non existent.

No worries, JJ is just sand bagging like he did last year. He'll pick it back up after this west coast trip and we at full speedy for the playoffs :angel19:

I'm not worried about Smith most of the time but when he has games like he appears to have had last night that are blatantly lazy he truly makes me want to hate him. If he shoots 20% while attempting high percentage shots for 10-15 points, gets his 6-10 rebounds, 1-2 blocks, and a few assists/TO's then I can at least say he was making an effort on both ends but there is absolutely zero excuse for him to not get a single rebound and then when you add in the fact that his opposing PF had 20 rebounds I truly hate him and want him traded. I'm thankful that games like this are extremely rare and he doesn't have too many lazy games so for that I don't want to trade him, but if last night wasn't a wake up call for him then I'm going to be truly disappointed in him.

• Premium Member
No worries, JJ is just sand bagging like he did last year. He'll pick it back up after this west coast trip and we at full speedy for the playoffs :angel19:

I'm not worried about Smith most of the time but when he has games like he appears to have had last night that are blatantly lazy he truly makes me want to hate him. If he shoots 20% while attempting high percentage shots for 10-15 points, gets his 6-10 rebounds, 1-2 blocks, and a few assists/TO's then I can at least say he was making an effort on both ends but there is absolutely zero excuse for him to not get a single rebound and then when you add in the fact that his opposing PF had 20 rebounds I truly hate him and want him traded. I'm thankful that games like this are extremely rare and he doesn't have too many lazy games so for that I don't want to trade him, but if last night wasn't a wake up call for him then I'm going to be truly disappointed in him.

at full speedy
Freudian slip?

The only reason we didn't lose by 20 is because Rio refused to stop playing basketball. He was even robbed at least a couple of assists-one, the official scorer refused to acknowledge, and Thomas Gardner missed an open lay-up for the other.

It makes me wonder how he might affect games if he were used as an actual energy guy-come in when the team gets too slow and lazy and see if he can provide a spark.

I tell you man, not only is he pretty much always a difference maker when he's out there, but he's a ridiculous fan favorite. He's like Mark Madsen but with the ability to impact a game.

Last night obviously wasn't Woodson's fault, it was the fault of the entire team, but why in the world would he not throw Rio in there? If the problem for the ENTIRE game was a lack of energy, why not throw in the most energetic guy we have... the one guy who you know will always come out on fire.

Again, I stopped watching but Rio played for 7 minutes and in that time he grabbed 4 boards, made 5(!!!) steals, and got to the line 8 times. WHY DOES HE NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER PLAY!?!?!?

He may suck as a coach in your opinion but he still had as many rebounds as your boy did last night without even playing a single second. In this case he was 1000% justified in what he was saying.

that's great, still stand by what I said regardless :biggrin:

Edited by jsmoovefan

Guys will have off nights. But we have to realize the facts. I have given up on hoping these two will improve their deficient areas. They are who they are. Josh is a freakish athlete who can stop the ball on defense, score inside against lesser competition, and energize the squad. He also has arguably the worst skill set in terms of shooting and dribbling of anyone in professional basketball who isn't a center, here or overseas (do you guys think Josh could even play overseas with that dribble and jumper?) Joe is a very well-rounder player, his fear of banging in the paint notwithstanding. But it is futile at this point to expect him to be a fiery, passionate guy. He got his money, now he is waiting for his contract to expire so he can go to a team where he can be the gold standard as a 3rd option. Any of the top two teams of either conference would cruise to multiple titles with Joe. As the "leader" of a squad, Joe fails in almost every area. Frankly, Joe doesn't get called out enough. In Atlanta, among true fans, most know that Joe leaves much to be desired. I know we don't get respect nationally, but it is coming along. Just as T-Mac is bashed daily, the nation should know that many times we aren't pleased with our All-Star's lack of motivation.

Edited by benhillboy

I agree Mario should get a mandatory 5-10 minutes a game. He refuses to play without urgency but Woody refuses to play you unless your a high lottery/"all-star caliber" player. He gives free reign for the vets like they can never do anything wrong.

His most glaring weakness is obviously his jumpshot but his overall game is solid to good in my opinion.