• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Team Notes : the big 3 hawks topics

macdaddy

• Moderators

Saw this on Yahoo team report. could not have summarized the big 3 topics at hawksquawk any better. The part about smoove is a little scary:

G Acie Law IV got just three minutes to work with against the Kings. It appears coach Mike Woodson’s pledge to keep him in the rotation is going to be harder to honor than expected. Bibby played so many minutes (42) that there wasn’t much room for Law to get any work.

• G Joe Johnson finished with 20 points but wasn’t the dominant force he has been at times throughout this season. Johnson’s struggles seem to stem from not only his inability to shake defenders but also the fact that he’s not attacking defenses consistently.

• F Josh Smith continues to show little interest in being the all-court menace he was last season. No one is sure why Smith seems so disinterested in dominating on the defensive end, but it has something to do with his desire to prove to his critics that he can play on the wing. The Hawks need him on the glass more than they need him scoring from long range.

• Moderators

Smoove is my favorite Hawk but he is frustrating at times. I just thought it was interesting how they captured our 3 issues so well: bench, underperforming JJ, unfocused Josh. All these things are fixable though. I have faith Josh will come around. I think we've just hit the lull of the season. I think Horford was the first to realize that he needed to do something different. Hopefully the others will follow this weekend.

Saw this on Yahoo team report. could not have summarized the big 3 topics at hawksquawk any better. The part about smoove is a little scary:

With regard to JJ, I think he has simply become too heavy to play SG full time the way he plays the position. At first, I thought his added bulk/strength was going to major advantage as few SGs can handle him when he posts up. Problem is, not enough of his shots come from that position. If he is going to continue to use shooting 3's, trying to beat his man off the dribble for pull up J's and trying to hit the little floater in the lane as his primary scoring options, he needs to lose 15-20 lbs and get some of his quickness back as quickness will benefit him in those areas more than strength. And that is just on offense. On the defensive end, he used to have no problem staying in front of quicker guys. Now, he struggles more with that and it forces him to expend more energy which leaves him drained at the end of games (of course playing 40+ mpg doesn't help in that regard either).

Kobe bulked up to 225 one year and realized that although he was stronger, it affected his overall game in a negative way. He is now down to 225 and he looks as explosive as ever. JJ needs to get down to the 225-230 lb range versus the 240-245 that he is in now. If he stays at his current size, I think he might be more effective at SF.

• Premium Member
What? Show me one thread where that has happened.

Your boy MrH jumped out with statements that he was trying hard not to lockdown a thread simply because the thread was about Smoove. No cursing. Not being derogatory or really even inflammatory.

Power corrupts. Absolute Power corrupts absolutely.

They hint at the real problem of the team:

COACHING

Until that is fixed, things will remain the same...

Your boy MrH jumped out with statements that he was trying hard not to lockdown a thread simply because the thread was about Smoove. No cursing. Not being derogatory or really even inflammatory.

Power corrupts. Absolute Power corrupts absolutely.

I must have missed that but that's hardly his nature (at least on here) to be power hungry or to accuse someone of starting a stupid thread so it's a little silly to bring that up when it's far from being the rule and is easily the exception.