• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bench Smoove and Start Pachulia for the rest of the road trip

HawkItus

I think Josh Smith might need a little more rest for that ankle. He's not the same player. Send him back to Atlanta for the rest of the trip and put Zaza in at Center. Move Horf to the 4. Worst case scenario we lose out on the road trip, but gain a healthier, rest, and a little bit pissed off Smoove for the final part of the season. Best case we steal a win or two, Smith get's well, appreciates the time off to get well and returns to from the rest of the year.

I think Josh Smith might need a little more rest for that ankle. He's not the same player. Send him back to Atlanta for the rest of the trip and put Zaza in at Center. Move Horf to the 4. Worst case scenario we lose out on the road trip, but gain a healthier, rest, and a little bit pissed off Smoove for the final part of the season. Best case we steal a win or two, Smith get's well, appreciates the time off to get well and returns to from the rest of the year.

Didn't do it when JJ shot 3-158 for the month of January. We aren't really a "big picture" team.

Edited by crimedog

JJ apparently isn't 100% healthy either - - Not the way he's been playing.

He needs his rest. Will he get it, as in fewer minutes? Surely, Woody

wouldn't do THAT, would he? Naw. He wouldn't.

:beathorse:

JJ apparently isn't 100% healthy either - - Not the way he's been playing.

He needs his rest. Will he get it, as in fewer minutes? Surely, Woody

wouldn't do THAT, would he? Naw. He wouldn't.

:beathorse:

JJ needs to lose some weight or move to SF. He's simply not quick enough at his current size to beat most SGs off the dribble and he doesn't post them up enough. He's also not quick enough to guard the quicker SGs at his size where as he was quick enough to guard most PGs a few years ago.

That has to be the best idea I have heard in a while -

Bibby 1

Flip 2

Joe 3

Al 4

ZaZa 5

I think that is our best 5 right now. Maybe Josh needs to be more of an energizer / game changer and come in middle of the first. Something has to get him out of this funk. Marvin can come in and play the role of Flip as the 2nd units offensive weapon.

To me - Al does a good job rebounding at the 5 - but not a good job defending other teams 5. Whatever got into ZaZa's head about playing more to your strengths needs to get into Josh's. Do you think that bad ankle is making him miss all those throws? Nique talks about bending the knees all the time but I don't see Flip doing that and his go in just fine.

That has to be the best idea I have heard in a while -

Bibby 1

Flip 2

Joe 3

Al 4

ZaZa 5

I think that is our best 5 right now. Maybe Josh needs to be more of an energizer / game changer and come in middle of the first. Something has to get him out of this funk. Marvin can come in and play the role of Flip as the 2nd units offensive weapon.

To me - Al does a good job rebounding at the 5 - but not a good job defending other teams 5. Whatever got into ZaZa's head about playing more to your strengths needs to get into Josh's. Do you think that bad ankle is making him miss all those throws? Nique talks about bending the knees all the time but I don't see Flip doing that and his go in just fine.

Wasn't Josh Smith arguably the teams most effective player for the month of January?

Wasn't Josh Smith arguably the teams most effective player for the month of January?

yes he was, but by his own admission before the break he was quoted about his ankle is still not 100%. This scape goating him. Travel is tough on healthy guys, let alone if you have an ankle issue. Plane rides are tough on joint injuries.

Yes but that doesn't mean you won't get people hating on him daily. So just for kicks let's have some fun. Let's try from NBA.com, this link http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Fanta...p;statType=FSPI

That's a composite of fantasy value for all players in the eastern conference in the month of January. It's a pretty damn good indicator of how much somebody showed up for their team.

Hawks on the list.

Mike Bibby - 17th overall

Josh Smith - 30th

Joe Johnson - 38th

Marvin Williams - 39th

Flip Murray - 43rd

Zaza Pachulia - 83rd

Maurice Evans - 88th

Al Horford - 108th

Ok what does this mean. Well first there are only 15 teams in the Eastern conference and our best payer fantasy wise is 2 spots down from last of group 1 (breaking these into 15 player group segments). Josh Smith is then last in group 2. Our team leader and supposed best player is 3rd on the team and only mid pack at 38. having a 4th and 5th player in the mix of group 3 makes up the difference some but then we don't have another player in till group 6 so it again balances out.

Very simply, this shows a total lack of offensive creativity that generates game stats....like FG%, assists.

I say you can't give Woody credit for our team improvement the last few years. I say we've improved despite him. In the last 2 years we've added 4 of the 8 people on that list. We have the talent to be better but not the scheme.

pound4pound's lineup makes sense, although we all know that Josh would pout and cry and probably distract the team. Seeing the games live in person, Joe's demeanor is like night and day when on the court with Flip. He seems much calmer, his decisions are more precise, movements more crisp, and you probably can catch a smile on his face if you fix your eyes on him. It's like a gorilla lifted off his shoulders because Flip bulls his way to the hoop as well as hit mid range shots, steadying the pace of the game and discouraging double-teams on Joe.