• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Disadvantage

DieHardHAWK

After watching the refs attempt to make manlove with Lebron, i was even more disgusted with the bandwagon fans. I know Atlanta has always had this problem, but how demoralizing is that to your team. The point of homecourt is to give the players that extra pep, that energy, spirit, that can help push them to a victory. This was seen in the playoffs, but maybe thats due to alot of hate for Boston nationally. All i know is last night, the arena cheered louder for Lebron and the Cavs, which is pathetic. The Hawks played their hearts out. I neva seen Joe attempt 2 dunks in one game (he made one of them, which was nasty on the elf lookin guy). And of course we left game winning points at the freethrow line. And i gotta put Woody in the doghouse for not going two-for-one at the end the game since the whole world knows Lebron is goin to get a call. SO i guess we should of took destiny more so in our hands and not the refs but they really should of had the "Homecourt Advantage". What can we as real fans do when were outnumbered? Yea im just venting because im still mad. Fudge Lebron, Fudge the refs, and most of all shame on these groupie fans :slap1:

• Premium Member
After watching the refs attempt to make manlove with Lebron, i was even more disgusted with the bandwagon fans. I know Atlanta has always had this problem, but how demoralizing is that to your team. The point of homecourt is to give the players that extra pep, that energy, spirit, that can help push them to a victory. This was seen in the playoffs, but maybe thats due to alot of hate for Boston nationally. All i know is last night, the arena cheered louder for Lebron and the Cavs, which is pathetic. The Hawks played their hearts out. I neva seen Joe attempt 2 dunks in one game (he made one of them, which was nasty on the elf lookin guy). And of course we left game winning points at the freethrow line. And i gotta put Woody in the doghouse for not going two-for-one at the end the game since the whole world knows Lebron is goin to get a call. SO i guess we should of took destiny more so in our hands and not the refs but they really should of had the "Homecourt Advantage". What can we as real fans do when were outnumbered? Yea im just venting because im still mad. Fudge Lebron, Fudge the refs, and most of all shame on these groupie fans :slap1:

Much of the fans were booing Lebron on those phantom calls. I think that the refs need to be taken out of the arena and hung by their toes for a lot of the calls they just gave to Lebron. On the last call I will say this... Horf should not have left his feet and should have taken the charge (with a flop) and made it very hard on the refs.

Much of the fans were booing Lebron on those phantom calls. I think that the refs need to be taken out of the arena and hung by their toes for a lot of the calls they just gave to Lebron. On the last call I will say this... Horf should not have left his feet and should have taken the charge (with a flop) and made it very hard on the refs.

It was a lose lose situation for Al. Even if he stayed on his feet they would have called a blocking foul.

On the last call I will say this... Horf should not have left his feet and should have taken the charge (with a flop) and made it very hard on the refs.

Good point, but thats one of the things i like about the Hawks. They play hard and straight forward, kinda like some innocent kids that don't know about the favortism and cheating in league officiating. Besides zaza and bibby, smoove ocassionally, we dont have no floppers on the team. But im sure they would of called it a blocking foul, sad to say.

I was at the game and it was pretty bad, especially in my section. Atlanta fans are real fickle. They were cheering for Lebron louder at the beginning of the game, but when the hawks took the lead at the end they switched back to being Hawks fans. but they got back loud when Mo williams hit the 3. And your right about Wade, its like that for any superstar that plays in Philips

That's why we need to get together and boo them the whole game, i am sure 20 of us booing from 1 spot will be louder than 100's of them cheering from different spots. Every time i go i lose my damn voice by boooing and screaming "defense".

Someone should really poll fans going in. They really get aroused to see an opposing star go off, and still cheer for Atlanta, this goes back to the MJ shot over Smith when MJ returned. I saw that on WGN saturday night when they showed some of Kerr's calls on Jordan plays.

This is my struggle when I go to the hawks game as well. I really get so upset with the fans cheering for the oppossing team I just want to fight(almost did last year during the playoffs lol). It is so hard especially when you are a native atlantan like I am. But u are right Atlanta has become a city full of groupies down to the celebrities as well u dont even seem them come out until some superstar player is in town. It is frustrating but we know thats how it is and probably will always be, true fans will be there but unless we get a bonafide superstar in all areas it is gonna stay the same. The last statement pains me to say because as much as I love Joe to the casual fan they dont know who he is because he doesnt have 50million endorsements, magazine covers,celebrity actress girlfriend, tv appearances,tatoos,etc. If this was the orginal southern charm Atlanta Joe would fit right in, but since this is a little NY, LA, CHI And everywhere in btween he doesnt. Joe personality is to quiet but his game is not. Lets be honest Lebron was not that great last nite dont let the 26 pts fool ya but any way one of these days all of the bad breaks will pay off for the hawks I PROMISE LETS GO HAWKS!!

That's why we need to get together and boo them the whole game, i am sure 20 of us booing from 1 spot will be louder than 100's of them cheering from different spots. Every time i go i lose my damn voice by boooing and screaming "defense".

I wish we could sit together in one section, but i think most of us are spread out. I know when i get tickets, they are never in the same section. But we definitely need to team up, at least let the hawks know they got some real fans there to support them

I used to think it was just Atlanta...but this is nationwide. Wherever LeBron, Kobe, Wade, The Celtics, and basically any other of the NBA's Manufactured Superstars go, they will have a following. This is basically why there are only 10 teams that have Sunday afternoon games on ABC. Wherever they go, they will have fans. I think underground rapper Wale said it best, "Nobody rep for the [home team], they're too busy reppin the stars."

I mean, it's normal when you have it happen in Atlanta. I've gotten used to it. But when it happens in New York (where they still have a decent home court advantage, but throw it out the window whenever the aforementioned players/teams show up), Phoenix (I mean, the Suns are a popular team, but the Kobe fans in Phoenix were almost embarrassing), and other places where you figure that it could never happen, it's a joke. This is basically the Superstar System taking over the rest of the NBA, not just here.