• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Couldn't FOyle hel our bench?

y2kenta

Adonal Foyle - is a 6'10 vet and is a very strong, tough shotblocker/rebounder....He'd be very cheap and should be able to get some minutes off our bench...The most minutes he's played this year was 13 mins vs HOU where put up 4pts, 7 rebs, and 3 blks....That's the kind of active rebounding big we need off the bench along with Zaza's active offensive rebounding and scoring inside....

I think that move would be minor but could really turn out to be BIG for us at this point when you think about it....Because, you gotta have defense inside when you get into the playoffs and if we had a bench rotation of tough, active rebounders like Foyle and Zaza with scoring from Flip and Mo, I'd feel pretty good about playing any team in the East in the playoffs...

WILL THE HAWKS EVEN LOOK AT PICKING HIM UP?

• Premium Member
Adonal Foyle - is a 6'10 vet and is a very strong, tough shotblocker/rebounder....He'd be very cheap and should be able to get some minutes off our bench...The most minutes he's played this year was 13 mins vs HOU where put up 4pts, 7 rebs, and 3 blks....That's the kind of active rebounding big we need off the bench along with Zaza's active offensive rebounding and scoring inside....

I think that move would be minor but could really turn out to be BIG for us at this point when you think about it....Because, you gotta have defense inside when you get into the playoffs and if we had a bench rotation of tough, active rebounders like Foyle and Zaza with scoring from Flip and Mo, I'd feel pretty good about playing any team in the East in the playoffs...

You have to understand, we came in awfully close to the luxury tax. I think we are somewhere close to 3 million dollars from it. I don't think Sund will spend another penny unless it is for a 10 day contract for a guy to replace a player that goes down... even then, I don't think it's possible for us to spend on need. What we got is prolly what we got.

Since anyone added at this point would not be eligible to be on the playoff roster, it kind of makes the point moot anyway.

• Moderators
Since anyone added at this point would not be eligible to be on the playoff roster, it kind of makes the point moot anyway.

Isn't it only that people needed to be waived by their prior team by Sunday rather than signed with a new team by Sunday? These guys are still eligible for the playoffs as long as they were waived in time by my understanding. That is why the buyouts got done on Sunday before the deadline without signings already in place.

• Admin
Isn't it only that people needed to be waived by their prior team by Sunday rather than signed with a new team by Sunday? These guys are still eligible for the playoffs as long as they were waived in time by my understanding. That is why the buyouts got done on Sunday before the deadline without signings already in place.

I don't think we can get Smith or Gooden (if healthy) so I would be very happy with the pickup of Foyle or Swift.

I think either guy could strengthen our bench. Foyle would def give us some toughness, defense and rebounding off the bench.