• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MW vs. CV

Diesel

• Premium Member

i was just reading an interesting thread on expectations of Bucks for Charlie V. It's quite funny because they are looking at the improvement Charlie has shown over the last 2 months, similar to the way we're looking at Marvin for the last 4 games.

For the last 11 games, Charlie is:

11 games. Team was 5-6

32mpg/21.4ppg/6.5rpg/3.0apg/47%FG/41% 3-ptFG/79% FT.

It's impressive when you consider no Redd, No Bogut.

But here's the conversation.

They want to reup Charlie at 6-7 Million in the offseason.

My question is How much are Hawks fans willing to pay to reup Marvin?

i was just reading an interesting thread on expectations of Bucks for Charlie V. It's quite funny because they are looking at the improvement Charlie has shown over the last 2 months, similar to the way we're looking at Marvin for the last 4 games.

11 games. Team was 5-6

Gotta go 8-10 the way he is maturing. I would probably not sign him until '10 (ala JSmith).

do we have another season to sign him?

11 games. Team was 5-6

The Bucks suck. In large part, due to Villanueva. Nothing he does is impressive to me. Marvin is twice the player he is. I don't have the time to explain why. You should know.

• Premium Member
The Bucks suck. In large part, due to Villanueva. Nothing he does is impressive to me. Marvin is twice the player he is. I don't have the time to explain why. You should know.

If anything, Villanueva is the reason they are in playoff contention. Period.

If anything, Villanueva is the reason they are in playoff contention. Period.

Who cares? I wouldn't pick up Charlie V at the gym. He's an untalented, selfish, tall guy.

I'm sure Bucks fans are dancing in the streets about "playoff contention". He's a worthless player if building a team concept and winning are your goals.

I cringe to think what would happen if CV tried to guard Lebron. Marvin totally had Lebron's number the other night. Lebron only scored 15 pts when Marvin was in the game. Marvin played 36 minutes and Lebron played 44. That doesn't give him much time to score the other 11 pts.

• Premium Member
Gotta go 8-10 the way he is maturing. I would probably not sign him until '10 (ala JSmith).

do we have another season to sign him?

I don't think Marvin is worth 8 to 10 per.

You're talking 5 years 40-50 Million? I don't think he's worth that much. I'd be more prone to say 7.5 Per.

• Moderators

I would absolutely try to use the market to my advantage and sign Marvin for as little as possible but enough to sign him to a long-term deal. I would make a respectable offer a little above the MLE and look to end up closer to $8M than anywhere close to $10M. I don't think other teams are going to beat his door down with big $$ offers in this economy.

I would absolutely try to use the market to my advantage and sign Marvin for as little as possible but enough to sign him to a long-term deal. I would make a respectable offer a little above the MLE and look to end up closer to $8M than anywhere close to $10M. I don't think other teams are going to beat his door down with big $$ offers in this economy.

I agree 100%. Let the market decide his value and we will be sure to get good value. Only a couple of teams out there I see willing to pursue Marvin; and just like Smoove last off season, no one is is going to offer more than 40 to 50 mill.

• Premium Member
CV is a one dimensional player. Not nearly the ups of MW.

I gotta think MW is going to want a contract similar to Smoove's?

Which dimension do you speak of??

Seeing that he scores, assists, rebounds, and shoots threes better than Marvin... what 1 dimension is CV playing in??

&

Does that mean that Marvin's 1 dimension is defense?

• Premium Member
CV is a one dimensional player. Not nearly the ups of MW.

I gotta think MW is going to want a contract similar to Smoove's?

Wow, I missed this beauty.

You said that CV is one dimensional (we have gone through the fact that he scores, passes, and rebounds better than Marvin)..

Then you say not nearly the ups of MW...

You will have to explain this one homer...

CV is 6'10 235lbs, can handle the ball.

Here's what one scout said:

"Catch him on the right night, and Villanueva will fill up a scouting notebook with superlatives: he can run, rebound, shoot, block shots, take the ball to the basket and even score in the post. If he plays with desire, Villanueva has the kind of body and skills that could result in his shooting 10 free throws a game. That’s how Karl Malone made himself a Hall of Famer."

This is what Draftexpress says:

An athletic power forward who has good skills, but is stuck between the post and the perimeter in terms of his potential. Has good size and length for either position. Shows the athleticism necessary from each as well, even if he can’t defend small forwards. Very explosive leaper. Lack ideal strength, which is problem for him down low. Has added some muscle to his frame. Displays a versatile skill set. Can do a lot of things with the ball that players his size can’t. Has had a difficult time improving as a shooter. No longer able to get by on athleticism and coordination like he did during his days as a prep at Blair Academy and in college at UCONN. Won an NCAA Championship with the Huskies in 2004. Needs to show more effort. Has the tools, but won’t be able to put them together unless he dedicates himself.

The question mark on CV has been desire. His potential however far surpasses Marvin's as we're seeing both run to their contract year .

Wow, I missed this beauty.

You said that CV is one dimensional (we have gone through the fact that he scores, passes, and rebounds better than Marvin)..

Then you say not nearly the ups of MW...

You will have to explain this one homer...

CV is 6'10 235lbs, can handle the ball.

Here's what one scout said:

"Catch him on the right night, and Villanueva will fill up a scouting notebook with superlatives: he can run, rebound, shoot, block shots, take the ball to the basket and even score in the post. If he plays with desire, Villanueva has the kind of body and skills that could result in his shooting 10 free throws a game. That’s how Karl Malone made himself a Hall of Famer."

This is what Draftexpress says:

An athletic power forward who has good skills, but is stuck between the post and the perimeter in terms of his potential. Has good size and length for either position. Shows the athleticism necessary from each as well, even if he can’t defend small forwards. Very explosive leaper. Lack ideal strength, which is problem for him down low. Has added some muscle to his frame. Displays a versatile skill set. Can do a lot of things with the ball that players his size can’t. Has had a difficult time improving as a shooter. No longer able to get by on athleticism and coordination like he did during his days as a prep at Blair Academy and in college at UCONN. Won an NCAA Championship with the Huskies in 2004. Needs to show more effort. Has the tools, but won’t be able to put them together unless he dedicates himself.

The question mark on CV has been desire. His potential however far surpasses Marvin's as we're seeing both run to their contract year .

I've always thought Charlie V was a very talented guy and I have always liked his game more than most (I know you have always liked him too). That said, this is the first year he has given consistent effort on either end of the court and he STILL plays no D. I think Marvin is the better all around player but the Bucks will be lucky to resign Charlie V in the $6M-$7M a year range. If we can get Marv resigned for anything starting at less than $10M a year, it is a no brainer in my opinion. With the economy being the way it is, he may start closer to $8M than $10M and that is certainly all good.

I think there is a very realistic chance that MW takes the QO. I believe it is more than $7 million, so if he takes it he gets to be an UFA in the 2010 offseason where there is a chance the economy is stronger and the cap might not shrink by as much or maybe even grow from right now. If I was his agent I would tell Marvin to take the $7 million unless the Hawks put up a substantial offer.

• Premium Member
Why is Vilanueva playing only 26 min a night Diesel????

Is it because Scott doesn't like him??

Is it because he is not in shape??

or

Is it because he can't guard my grandma 1on1?

Murat,

It's becoming very obvious that you don't read or can't read.

I would tell you to stay on subject, but there again, you don't read so what good would that do?

Marvin>>> Villanueva

not so fast. Im a Marvin fan but this is a close call. Marvin is the better defender but Villanueva is better on offense. On offense Villanueva is a matchup problem because he is long, tall and athletic. And he can do so much when the ball is in his hands(shoot, drive, pass, post, and dribble) Marvin's offense has improved, especially beyond the arc but i'd give the edge to CV on the offensive end. Marvin needs to work on his ball handling. But on D, Marvin is better by a lot. He usually guards the other team's best perimeter player and does a good job at it too. So with that said, Mavin is the better player overall but they should both be paid around the same amount and are both good young talented forwards with bright futures.

Im sure most Milwaukee fans thinks CV is better while most of us will go with Marvin so quit barking