• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al?

crimedog

What happened to his offense? Over the past 6 games he's averaged 6.5 points on 35% shooting... only 1 double digit effort in the mix.

Is he hurt, having bad matchups, or just in a slump?

I don't think he's hurt, at least I'm not aware of it, and hope not. My guess is he's slumping, and not getting enough touches to work his way out of it. Sometimes players need more opportunities to score in order to get back on track. The last few games we've been a jump shooting team, which isn't Al's strength of course. I think it's a combination of a bout of cold shooting and not getting enough opportunities.

Horford has never been a scorer. I don't know why people think he would suddenly become a big time scorer in the pros when he showed very little scoring ability in college.

I have been hoping that he would eventually become a 15 ppg scorer (which some took as an insult) but now it is looking like that may indeed be his best case scenario.

Horford has never been a scorer. I don't know why people think he would suddenly become a big time scorer in the pros when he showed very little scoring ability in college.

I have been hoping that he would eventually become a 15 ppg scorer (which some took as an insult) but now it is looking like that may indeed be his best case scenario.

That isn't the question, he's scoring very low compared to his body of work this season over the past 6 games.

• Premium Member
What happened to his offense? Over the past 6 games he's averaged 6.5 points on 35% shooting... only 1 double digit effort in the mix.

Is he hurt, having bad matchups, or just in a slump?

I'm going to let you in on a little secret...

Al, doesn't have an offense. I mean, when you watch him play, he's a junk player. He gets points off of open shots and put backs. He doesn't have a goto move. I think that in the offseason, we need to set him up with a big man coach. My guy of preference for both Smoove and Horf is Clifford Ray. This undersized Sooner has taught many young bigs how to play the game. Another guy who may be able to help is Tree Rollins. Although Tree may be looking for a HC job right now, to be a big man's coach with a team with shaky coaching could be something. Especially when the team is the Hawks.

Somebody got to teach these guys have to fill at home in the low post, because neither has. Look at the job that Ewing has done with Dwight Howard!!

That isn't the question, he's scoring very low compared to his body of work this season over the past 6 games.

Horford is averaging 11.2 ppg on the season. He averaged 11.9 ppg in March. I don't see the issue.

Every player will have big swings up and down during the season. Just look at JJ or Smith. If you are looking at 6 game stretches both of those guys have had stretches when they were great and stretches when they were horrible. Ditto Bibby.

Horford is averaging 11.2 ppg on the season. He averaged 11.9 ppg in March. I don't see the issue.

Every player will have big swings up and down during the season. Just look at JJ or Smith. If you are looking at 6 game stretches both of those guys have had stretches when they were great and stretches when they were horrible. Ditto Bibby.

True, and ditto guy in your avi.