• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blasphemy!

HalfHawk

I wouldn't say that Flip is the best 6th man in the NBA, but this is more proof that the media has decided on who's going to win the awards by the 1st week of December.

Need any more further proof than Al Horford basically getting no love last year?

Edited by LOL_Hawks

I don't really see the uproar. I'm as big a Flip fan as anyone, but there are a lot of other guys that make a big impact off the bench. Varejao is an important piece to the best team in basketball and Outlaw put up similar numbers on a better team. Terry deserves it no question.

As far as Horford, I fought for him last year, but the more I thought about it the harder it was for me to do it. Durant had a great rookie year with very little help and is going to be an incredible All Star and MVP candidate in this league. Special player that deserved Rookie of the Year honors.

As far as Horford, I fought for him last year, but the more I thought about it the harder it was for me to do it. Durant had a great rookie year with very little help and is going to be an incredible All Star and MVP candidate in this league. Special player that deserved Rookie of the Year honors.

Its called rookie of the Year, not rookie who will end up having the best career based one what we saw in his first year of play in the NBA. It should have been Horford, you could have replaced Durant with Damien Wilkens and the Sonics would have turned out the exact same. You couldn't do the same with Horford and the Hawks. Also the statistics are debatable, Durant scored a lot because he took a a lot of shots. Horford was efficient and an excellent post player on defense for us. Just because Horford doesn't have as high a ceiling and Durant shouldn't mean you should discount what Horford did.

I like Flip, but he doesn't have the stats to be in top 5... 8.7 and 7.5 what Varejao gets is better than Flips 11 and 2 ... Outlaw averages 12 and 4.5 which is also better than FLip... I don't know why you guys making a big deal out of this...

Homers make the world go 'round.

Its called rookie of the Year, not rookie who will end up having the best career based one what we saw in his first year of play in the NBA. It should have been Horford, you could have replaced Durant with Damien Wilkens and the Sonics would have turned out the exact same. You couldn't do the same with Horford and the Hawks. Also the statistics are debatable, Durant scored a lot because he took a a lot of shots. Horford was efficient and an excellent post player on defense for us. Just because Horford doesn't have as high a ceiling and Durant shouldn't mean you should discount what Horford did.

Durant's ceiling isn't why I felt he deserved the award, I just included that to emphasize how much talent he has. Horford was good for a rookie and fit our team well, but he didn't do anything that will be remembered. Durant put up similar numbers to LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony. Averaged like 22 points on 50+% shooting over the last couple of months of the season. Whether you like it our not, Rookie of the Year is always about the numbers.

Mo

Cwell, the 6th man award goes to the best bench player, not the best bench player who first comes into a game. Mo only enters the game first, because Woody likes to get Marvin out of the game first, so that he can bring him back in toward the end of the period to either relieve Smoove or JJ. Flip averages more minutes ( 24.3 ) than Mo does ( 22.8).

The crazy thing about Varajeo, is that he's actually started 38 games this year and averages almost 29 minutes a game.

Flip is averaging close to 14 ppg and shooting about 45% since Jan 1. It also doesn't help him that the Hawks are almost never on national TV. The Blazers get twice as much TV time than we do. And Cleveland is on every week nationally.

lol at y'all thinking a 7th man would be in the running for 6th man of the year

Just because you aren't always the first player off the bench doesn't mean you can't win the award. It's just the best bench player. Flip plays more minutes than Mo BTW.