• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A new Hawksquawk Fantasy bball champion is crowned

capstone21

• Admin

The 2009 champ is KrishATL with a hard fought win over AHF in the finals.

It literally came down to the last day and was actually decided by a few rebounds.

Great season everybody...look forward to doing it all over again next year!!

• Moderators

Congrats to Krish! Definitely a great win in a highly competitive matchup.

I will b**** and moan that I got 1 total rebound from Okafor, Haywood, Hinrich and Lewis who average more than 25 rebounds per game (collectively) and that this made the 3 rebound difference [while Murphy who I dropped after he was declared out for the year and then returned the next day got a ton] but that is a 'my problem' which will leave me working harder next year to come up with a championship team.

Very competitive league this season from everyone.

• Premium Member
The 2009 champ is KrishATL with a hard fought win over AHF in the finals.

It literally came down to the last day and was actually decided by a few rebounds.

Great season everybody...look forward to doing it all over again next year!!

Congratulations Krish!!

I checked in yesterday and saw the hard fought battle between you two and said.... This will be interesting.

It was!

• Moderators

I think the transaction limits worked fairly well this year but I did want to toss out one other idea as an alternative - roster expansion. If we added another 5 roster spots to each team, it would make the pool of available talent considerably less attractive which would prevent people from spamming as well.

Just throwing that out for discussion.

• Admin
I think the transaction limits worked fairly well this year but I did want to toss out one other idea as an alternative - roster expansion. If we added another 5 roster spots to each team, it would make the pool of available talent considerably less attractive which would prevent people from spamming as well.

Just throwing that out for discussion.

I think with how many people we have in the league the pool is rather limited anyway.

I do agree the roster limit did work quite well this year.

We really only had a problem with it last year when that one guy was changing his roster on a daily basis.

• Admin

To really see how close it really was here is the final line:

Stats TeamFG% FT% 3PTM 3PT% PTS OREB REB AST ST BLK TO Score

AHF U-Niques .468 .754 48 .358 650 61 281 198 55 38 80 5

KrishATL .452 .813 51 .408 648 70 284 129 46 30 76 6

2 points difference

3 three pointer

9 offensive rebounds

3 rebounds

4 turnovers

great final round!

Edited by capstone21

has yahoo "officially" declared nba league champs? my team was in another public league championship game this week, and the latest matchup numbers seem to suggest that i won, but i guess i'm just a little paranoid without seeing my team listed as league champ. i was scared i nearly lost it after i dropped nene and horford to fill a couple spots on what i thought was the last day of games (sunday, the last day every other week during the season), then flipped when i saw it continued through wed. then my opponent picked up my guys.

• Admin
has yahoo "officially" declared nba league champs? my team was in another public league championship game this week, and the latest matchup numbers seem to suggest that i won, but i guess i'm just a little paranoid without seeing my team listed as league champ. i was scared i nearly lost it after i dropped nene and horford to fill a couple spots on what i thought was the last day of games (sunday, the last day every other week during the season), then flipped when i saw it continued through wed. then my opponent picked up my guys.

They have updated the final results...they just have not done the champion declarations.

• Premium Member
Congrats to Krish!

I got 2nd last year and 3rd this year. I think next year is finally the year for Big Al!

So much time wasted on Boozer... and when I really needed him (against Big AL).. he was a no show.

Although I'm hoping that Utah upsets the Lakers... Boozer sucks!!

• Moderators
I think with how many people we have in the league the pool is rather limited anyway.

The difference is that there are a ton of very useful players on waivers so that streaming makes game playing sense if you can do it. For example, recent guys on waivers included:

Andris Biedrins

Ryan Gomes

Greg Oden

Kirk Hinrich

DJ Augustin

Kyle Korver

Anderson Varejao

Leandro Barbosa

Anthony Randolph

etc.

Stream in 5 games of those guys versus 2-3 games from anything but a premier stud and the streamer will win every time. Vets like Hinrich or Varejao or emerging young players like Randolph and Augustin can give you real quality numbers that you wouldn't get from guys further down the list.

Now, the answer may be to stick with transaction limits but I do think there is a very significant difference between the quality in the talent pool now and what it would be with additional roster spots for purposes of whether streaming is worth it. Additionally, with a deeper bench there would be more risk of permanently losing guys you are streaming to other teams if you wanted to go that route because the bottom guys on their bench would not be nearly as good as the last guys on most of the teams this year who were quality selections like Paul Millsap, Glen Davis, Marc Gasol, etc.