• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I love being the underdog

AUhawksfan

From a recent ESPN poll:

4) (4) Atlanta vs. (5) Miami: Which team wins?

28.8% Heat in six

25.8% Heat in seven

21.1% Hawks in seven

14.9% Hawks in six

4.6% Heat in five

2.8% Hawks in five

1.1% Hawks in four

0.9% Heat in four

Apparently people have once again forgotten about last years playoffs and see us getting beat in 6! It's ok though, I love being the underdog. I think winning this series is huge for us and can do a lot to give us some respect, especially with the primetime spots we are getting in the series.

Hollinger's chat, just in case anyone is interested in his Hawks' thoughts:

CC (Atlanta): Haven't heard anyone mention the Hawks getting Marvin back for the postseason. The added depth will get us past the Heat... what about after that?

John Hollinger: After that comes four games against Cleveland. Maybe five. Certainly not six. Miami is a little banged up right now, though they say everyone will be back on Sunday, and they had trouble scoring on the Hawks all three times they played a meaningful game.

Dror (Israel): Looks like we're gonna get LBJ Vs. Wade in the semis and then LBJ Vs. Kobe in the finals. Seems like a great opportunity for him to show us how worthy he is of his first MVP hardware over them both...

John Hollinger: Not so fast on the LBJ vs. Wade. While the networks are dying to have this one, the Hawks match up really well against Miami and I think they'll prevail in seven. But if I walk out onto the court for that seventh game and see Bennett Salvatore, I might rethink my stance.

Dwanye Wade: John, I'm saddened to see that you believe that I cannot take the Hawks. While I disagree with you that Lebron is better this season, you have to admit that I've been playing on a level that FAR exceeds anyone on the Hawks. Between me and my boy, Beasley, we got this covered!

John Hollinger: Wade is far better than anyone on the Hawks, but 2 through 7 the Hawks are better at every spot, and Atlanta has contained Wade every time they've played by switching all the screen and rolls and forcing him to shoot jumpers over Smith or Horford.

From a recent ESPN poll:

4) (4) Atlanta vs. (5) Miami: Which team wins?

28.8% Heat in six

25.8% Heat in seven

21.1% Hawks in seven

14.9% Hawks in six

4.6% Heat in five

2.8% Hawks in five

1.1% Hawks in four

0.9% Heat in four

Apparently people have once again forgotten about last years playoffs and see us getting beat in 6! It's ok though, I love being the underdog. I think winning this series is huge for us and can do a lot to give us some respect, especially with the primetime spots we are getting in the series.

The hawks aren't playing with house money this time.