• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is d*ck Stockton a Heat Fan?

swolehawk2

TNT might as well have hired the Heat home announcers. This is pathetic.

"I don't know why the fans would be booing Dwayne Wade" ... really, you don't? Might be time to hang them up old timer if you don't know why ATLANTA fans would boo Dwayne Wade.

I might be a lone ranger here, but Stockton is a very good announcer. I think what he said about booing Wade came from the booing while Dwayne laid on the hardwood in obvious pain and with very little movement. I've seen d*ck say a ton of nice things about our team, franchise and fans last year against Boston so I'm not really inclined to say he loathes our team.

I'm like this: Rathbun & Nique would get excited since they're the home announcers, but if you're Stockton and Fratello, who don't have a rooting interest, and you're trying your best to call a game when it's pretty much out of hand? Yeah, it's tough. I don't blame him for sounding disinterested.

For all the mistakes that Stockton makes and the fact that he may come off as a little bit slow, he's still a decent announcer. I got no beef.

I might be a lone ranger here, but Stockton is a very good announcer. I think what he said about booing Wade came from the booing while Dwayne laid on the hardwood in obvious pain and with very little movement. I've seen d*ck say a ton of nice things about our team, franchise and fans last year against Boston so I'm not really inclined to say he loathes our team.

he was blatently biased as well as fratello. it's ok for wade to miss a wide open dunk because he just got off paula pierce's wheelchair but smoove..."i wonder if he realizes"...what that we're up 20? homers.

Mike Fratello told d*ck, "Hey, they booed Bird and Jordan.... They will boo Wade."

d*ck Stoketon was just over reacting on the Wade fouls. Even Kenny and Charles said Solo was only trying to keep Wade from falling and Wade's head hit Solo so Solo got the worst end of that hit.

he was blatently biased as well as fratello. it's ok for wade to miss a wide open dunk because he just got off paula pierce's wheelchair but smoove..."i wonder if he realizes"...what that we're up 20? homers.

I'm not upset at all about Josh's between-the-legs attempt at a slam; I'm not upset with Stockton saying what he said either as I can see why both Smoove made the attempt and Stockton made the call. Up 20 or not, it's the playoffs where execution should be at a premium. Adding a little extra with that dunk while up 20 could also cause motivation for the Heat. Stockton has been broadcasting for too long and has broadcasted too many of our games (this includes all Atlanta teams) too be highlighted as a biased homer.

Maybe i'm just a nit but there's nothing more annoying than an announcer confusing the players and stats...which he does like 9999 times a game. And then when he shows such favoritism to Wade it makes the game almost unwatchable sometimes.

d*ck Stockton seriously puts me to sleep. While Bob nearly jumps out of his seat when Smoove gets a block, d*ck will lethargically say, "Aaaand the shot is blocked."

On a side note, I wouldn't be surprised if Wade slept with Cheryl Miller and Violet Palmer. Possibly at the same time.

I'll take any crap ESPN puts on the air (and I can't stand ESPN) over d*ck Stockton. Stockton is just terrible and constantly screws up stats, names, calls, everything. It's just brutal. I'd rather play on TNT than ESPN as long as Stockton isn't calling the games. I don't mind Fratello, though.

well, if it helps- i tivo'd the SportSouth broadcast... now if only i can figure out how to upload that to the computer....haha.

but honestly- if you aren't feeling the national coverage NOW with d wade, just imagine what the 2nd round would be like with Lebron....

This is my gripe, everyone who is complaining about Josh missing that dunk. What about in the Cleveland-Detroit series in Game 2 I think, when Lebron did a windmill from the key when they were in a blowout? Nobody complained about that, just amazaed at where he jumped from and how high we was on that dunk. Spectacular wasn't it? Slap in the face? NO! What about all the windmills, double pumps, reverse pumps (which Nique did ALL THE TIME, IN THE GAME), and 360s that people do, have done, and will continue to do, when they are in the open court? Spectacular aren't they? Slap in the face? NO! It's a DUNK!! It just happened that he tried a spectucular dunk and missed.

How is trying a dunk when you have won the game showboating or a slap in the face? If it is, then dunking period is a slap in the face. If that's the case, he should just pull a Joe Johnson and just lay it up....just so everyone can cry about that!! This is sad and ridiculous!! I'm sorry it wasn't Lebron who tried the dunk, I'm sorry it wasn't Kobe that tried the dunk, I'm sorry it wasn't Wade that tried the dunk. It was Josh Smith!! What about in game one when Wade did a reverse dunk in the 1st half in Zaza's face in a tight game instead of just laying it up? That should be disrespectful then. And Mo Evans dunk last night all in O'neal's or Haslem's face should be offensive, not a wide open dunk in open court. And all of you sheep are falling into the media hype. If he would've tried that in traffic in a tight game, NOW THAT WOULD'VE BEEN DISRESPECTFUL AND BONEHEADED!!

Rant Over!! :hush: