• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Reply if you think D. Wade is a Drama Queen

timdawg777

getting these touch fouls. complaining that he is hurt. laying on the ground for 10 minutes and then coming back in the game 5 minutes later.

He's a top 3 player in the league. He still scares me. He can take over a game like few others can. I'd take him on my team. That said...he's a drama queen. He's about as bad as Pierce was last year.

getting these touch fouls. complaining that he is hurt. laying on the ground for 10 minutes and then coming back in the game 5 minutes later.

Of course, that part of him is not about basketball, it is marketing. The more attention the more commercials and money. If Joe Johnson was a clown and had his very same game, he would be on commercials, talk shows all the time.

Yeah it is pretty funny watching him get a helping hand trying to get up off the bench and then a minute later run down Evans from behind and nearly block his dunk. then after crashing to the floor he bounces back up like nothing happened.

• Moderators

I'm sure someone said this in another thread but if that had been evans chasing wade and pushing him through the backboard we'd be looking at an ejection, fine, and endless histronics from the talking heads about what a dirty play it was and how it could have ended wades career. I'm not saying it was a dirty play at all but if it had been on wade it would have stopped the game for 20 minutes. Sure he was going for the ball but he didn't get it without throwing evans to the ground first.

I'll say this though, i haven't been a huge Mo fan but he is a tough dude. That was a hard fall plus i'm pretty sure his head bounced off wade's knee. No complaining or even a whince.

I used to hate Wade's game, but he has expanded it dramatically this year with a M.J.-type season and I have warmed up to the guy. Still, that stunt last night was soft. If it was an intentional delay/ rest period for him, he underestimates the effect on his young team, who may have the impression that he is fragile and brittle and will always fear the worst when he hits the floor.

I'm sure someone said this in another thread but if that had been evans chasing wade and pushing him through the backboard we'd be looking at an ejection, fine, and endless histronics from the talking heads about what a dirty play it was and how it could have ended wades career. I'm not saying it was a dirty play at all but if it had been on wade it would have stopped the game for 20 minutes. Sure he was going for the ball but he didn't get it without throwing evans to the ground first.

I'll say this though, i haven't been a huge Mo fan but he is a tough dude. That was a hard fall plus i'm pretty sure his head bounced off wade's knee. No complaining or even a whince.

I'm not saying it was a dirty play...but it made me think of the Warren Sapp hit on Rivera from Green Bay I think, the blindsided, out of the play hit. It was legal but ill-advised. Wade legitimately went for the block, but how could you not think you wouldn't hurt someone trying to block it from that angle. Most people should know that if you was to touch someone's body, even slightly, ESPECIALLY at the velocity they were going while they are in mid air, you are going to throw off their balance. It could have been a lot worse where his head hit the bottom of the backboard or he hit his face slam into the ground face first.

I know this was a movie but remember on Sixth Man how Dwayne Wayne (Kadeem Hardison) push the star player from the other team (Flex Alexander) into the backboard by just speeding up his momentum, the same principle applies. Increase the velocity or momentum of someone or something unknowingly and it throws off their balance.

He's the second best perimeter player in the league, I can't take that away from him, but every time I watch him now, it seems like he's just trying to make highlights for those NBA 25 years of champions DVDs "Wade, after barely being able to get off the bench because of an injury, pushed the Heat past the Hawks with a breathtaking performance"

I said it in another thread but it seems like Kobe rubbed off on him in the wrong way this summer. Now Wade thinks its just the Dwyane Wade show.

Its annoying to watch Josh complain to the refs but at least he doesn't play it up when he hits the ground, which is a lot.

Edited by crimedog

Has there been a game this series where he hasn't lain down at halfcourt playing up an injury? I swear, he cries every time there's a hard foul. You go back to when Solo fouled him-that was the most standard, nothing-to-see-here hard foul in the entire game, but it turns into a scrum because Magloire gives Solo a shove. Solo didn't do a damn thing in retaliation and somehow ends up with a technical anyway.

I think he's trying to prove that he's tough by playing up his own injuries, but it's having completely the opposite effect. If he wants to know what a tough guy looks like, he needs keep an eye on #15 for Atlanta.