• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons sign veteran linebacker Miles

DrReality

Anyone know this guy?

NFL NOTES: Falcons sign veteran linebacker Miles

By D. Orlando Ledbetter

From staff, wire reports

Friday, May 01, 2009

The Falcons announced the signing of veteran linebacker Edmond Miles on Thursday. Miles, 6-0, 240 pounds, played in 18 games over the past two seasons with the New York Giants and Miami.

Free agent wide receiver Drew Bennett worked out for the team. Bennett has played eight seasons in the NFL, with the Titans and Rams.

The team also promoted one scout, Mark Olson, and hired two others, Marvin Allen and Bob Kronenberg

Anyone know this guy?

NFL NOTES: Falcons sign veteran linebacker Miles

By D. Orlando Ledbetter

From staff, wire reports

Friday, May 01, 2009

The Falcons announced the signing of veteran linebacker Edmond Miles on Thursday. Miles, 6-0, 240 pounds, played in 18 games over the past two seasons with the New York Giants and Miami.

Free agent wide receiver Drew Bennett worked out for the team. Bennett has played eight seasons in the NFL, with the Titans and Rams.

The team also promoted one scout, Mark Olson, and hired two others, Marvin Allen and Bob Kronenberg

I know Drew Bennett but never heard of the LB. Bennett is a Brian Finneran like 6'5'', red zone targert type of reciever. He, like Finneran, has battled injuries the last few years.

He had one monster season, that Finneran never had, with over 1,200 yards, 80 catches, and 11 Td's.

http://www.nfl.com/players/drewbennett/profile?id=BEN215426

Dimitrof seems infatuated with 6'5" receivers. The Falcons may have one of the tallest receiving corps in the NFL if either Bennett or the kid from Clemson sticks.

In all, it looks like the Falcons are bringing in guys to compete with the starters. I like it!

Dimitrof seems infatuated with 6'5" receivers. The Falcons may have one of the tallest receiving corps in the NFL if either Bennett or the kid from Clemson sticks.

In all, it looks like the Falcons are bringing in guys to compete with the starters. I like it!

I think this might be because of our red zone inefficiency last year. Despite having one of the very best rushing offenses in the league, the Falcons were only average at scoring TD's inside of 20. Tony Gonzalez should help that more than Drew Bennett or Aaron Kelly, but just having more options should be for the best. Having multiple receivers capable of catching a corner fade should improve our TD%.

I think this might be because of our red zone inefficiency last year. Despite having one of the very best rushing offenses in the league, the Falcons were only average at scoring TD's inside of 20. Tony Gonzalez should help that more than Drew Bennett or Aaron Kelly, but just having more options should be for the best. Having multiple receivers capable of catching a corner fade should improve our TD%.

I think the "threat" of TGonz will open things up in the red zone - I would expect more 7-9 yard runs for TDs.