• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question on the 8-second violation

drzachary

"Replays showed that the eight-second violation might have been aided by yet another clock error in Atlanta's Philips Arena, which has become notorious for such snafus. The shot clock appeared to have 22 on it when the play began.

"I'm not that slow," Wade said of the error. "

(from http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/200...awksgm7-090503)

On this play, the inbound was actually a second attempt; Zaza knocked the first one out of Wade's hands and back out of bounds. Wouldn't that be the reason for 22 being on the clock, or should the clock not have started? Just curious as to the rule here.

"Replays showed that the eight-second violation might have been aided by yet another clock error in Atlanta's Philips Arena, which has become notorious for such snafus. The shot clock appeared to have 22 on it when the play began.

On this play, the inbound was actually a second attempt; Zaza knocked the first one out of Wade's hands and back out of bounds. Wouldn't that be the reason for 22 being on the clock, or should the clock not have started? Just curious as to the rule here.

Oops, my memory is bad.. Zaza knocked the ball out of the Heat *rebounder's* hand, hence the 2 seconds off the clock. I just hate seeing inaccurate things said that add to the Atlanta Clock Error or Atlanta Bad Fans files.

This is utterly ridiculous. It shouldn't be that hard for a writer WHO LIVES IN ATLANTA to get this right. I e-mailed him about this and EVERYONE of us should. Come the hell on. Wade absentmindedly gets an 8 second violation and the ESPN writer WHO LIVES IN ATLANTA claims it's a conspiracy by our dastardly timekeeper because he can't be bothered with actually watching the game? WTF???

The video will not play for me

Oops, my memory is bad.. Zaza knocked the ball out of the Heat *rebounder's* hand, hence the 2 seconds off the clock. I just hate seeing inaccurate things said that add to the Atlanta Clock Error or Atlanta Bad Fans files.

Did you just remember this or did you have some video source for it? I know that the 22 seconds was not an error, Miami ended up tossing the ball in on the side of their bench but I forget the actually reason why this happened. At the game I stood up when the shot clock hit 16 and started screaming, everyone thought I was a raving lunatic until the refs finally blew the whistle and Ryan Cameron came on the PA about the 8 second violation.

• Premium Member
This is utterly ridiculous. It shouldn't be that hard for a writer WHO LIVES IN ATLANTA to get this right. I e-mailed him about this and EVERYONE of us should. Come the hell on. Wade absentmindedly gets an 8 second violation and the ESPN writer WHO LIVES IN ATLANTA claims it's a conspiracy by our dastardly timekeeper because he can't be bothered with actually watching the game? WTF???

It was blatant. They showed the replays during the telecast. Clock started at 24, we knocked the ball away, Wade recovers at 22 seconds and then walks half assedly to halfcourt right ater the clock hits 16... No controversy whatsoever on that play, Wade is just doing what he does best which is whining and making excuses.

• Premium Member
Did you just remember this or did you have some video source for it? I know that the 22 seconds was not an error, Miami ended up tossing the ball in on the side of their bench but I forget the actually reason why this happened. At the game I stood up when the shot clock hit 16 and started screaming, everyone thought I was a raving lunatic until the refs finally blew the whistle and Ryan Cameron came on the PA about the 8 second violation.

Definitely not an error. Zaza knocked the ball away from Wade infront of their bench and they lost 2-3 seconds.

Not an error, but you'll hear that it is from every Wade fan for the entire off season. I love how his response was "I'm not that slow". Uh. . . . you messed up by walking too lazily, but your first response is one of those "I'm D-Wade and can do no wrong" responses?? Weak. But we've come to expect that from him. It's sad really.