• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

EC Semi-Finals: Game 1 Atlanta @ Cleveland

gsuteke

What an opportunity for the Atlanta Hawks to make a statement heard around the basketball world.

Last year against the Celtics it was a dream. This year it could become reality.

Can you imagine the Hawks playing in the Eastern Conference Finals? WOW

What an opportunity for the Atlanta Hawks to make a statement heard around the basketball world.

Last year against the Celtics it was a dream. This year it could become reality.

Can you imagine the Hawks playing in the Eastern Conference Finals? WOW

that would be awesome..we have to learn 2 win on the road first tho cuz Cavs can beat us at our place..but can we steal one on their homecourt??

Everyone is focused on Lebron. I don't think he's the key to beating the Cavs over a 7 game series.

I think offensive execution by the Hawks is. They have to score in the 90s to win games. If they can execute offensively they'll be fine.

Another thing I've read is the advantage they have with Ilgauskus over Horford. When are the Hawks at their best? When their pushing the ball.

Whatever Al gives up on one end he can get back on the other by beating Z down the floor.

We were 1-3 against them this year but one of the games we lost by one point. That heart breaker at Phillips. And if memory serves me correct Lebron made a great play to pull it out?

Scores were

Cleveland 110 ATl 96 away

ATl 97 Cleve 92 home

Cleve 88 Atl 87 home

Cleve 102 Atl 96 away

Obviously our defense did not work in the losses.

• Premium Member
We were 1-3 against them this year but one of the games we lost by one point. That heart breaker at Phillips. And if memory serves me correct Lebron made a great play to pull it out?

Scores were

Cleveland 110 ATl 96 away

ATl 97 Cleve 92 home

Cleve 88 Atl 87 home

Cleve 102 Atl 96 away

Obviously our defense did not work in the losses.

That great play that you are talking about was LeBron driving, realizing he has nowhere to go, and then jumping into Horford to get a foul called. He then went on to sink 1/2 free throws to win the game. I hope that kind of stuff isn't happening in this series..

• Moderators
That great play that you are talking about was LeBron driving, realizing he has nowhere to go, and then jumping into Horford to get a foul called. He then went on to sink 1/2 free throws to win the game. I hope that kind of stuff isn't happening in this series..

If I recall correctly, the player immediately before that one JJ got hammered with 5x the contact and there was no call as well.

Something I found interesting from the AJC online

SUPPORTING CAST

• Hawks: Six players averaged double figures in scoring in the regular season. After Johnson, they had Josh Smith (15.6 points, 7.0 rebounds), Mike Bibby (14.9 points, 5.0 assists), Marvin Williams (13.9 points), Flip Murray (12.2 points) and Al Horford (11.5 points, 9.3 rebounds)

• Cavaliers: Four players averaged double figures in scoring in the regular season. After James, they had Mo Williams (17.8 points, 4.1 assists), Zydrunas Ilgauskas (12.9 points, 7.5 rebounds) and Delonte West (11.7 points, 3.5 assists).

Advantage Hawks

Edited by gsuteke