• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why Are We Even Playing The Game?

TheDude

• Premium Member
The Haterade is strong with this oneadd this to the list of major haters....

I keep saying it...and anyone who has really watched this team knows it. Our team is much more talented than people realize. Nobody watches us though, so nobody really knows it. The real problem though, is that our guys don't know it. They're still trying to come to terms with the fact that they are in the 2nd round of the playoffs - even though we have absolutely man-handled some of the best teams in the league, quite often, over the past couple of seasons.

If our guys play into the hype and the negative press, and fall into bad habits, then exactly what has been predicted WILL happen and it will happen in embarassing fashion. If we tighten up, focus, play with energy, and stop playing sh!t ball, then we will take Cleveland to the limit.

If we steal one in Cleveland, we could be dangerous over 6 games.

Though...if we win all of our home games and push it to 7, I do not believe we can beat them in a final game on their homecourt.

Edited by Wretch

The Haterade is strong with this oneadd this to the list of major haters....

I don't know why everyone is complaining. The best team left in the playoffs is playing the worst team left in the playoffs. Yes we certainly could rise to the occasion and challenge them in the series, but we are MAJOR underdogs, and deservedly so.

As well as our season went, Cleveland won over 40% more games than us. And they are well rested. And we are struggling with injuries. So again, we definitely could challenge, but let's not complain about our underdog status.

I think that cavs in 5 is the most likely scenario, but will be there rooting otherwise obviously.

Stealing game 1 is definitely a necessity to try to win this series. Hopefully the downtime and MVP will have them overconfident and a little rusty. We better come out sharp as hell.

I keep saying it...and anyone who has really watched this team knows it. Our team is much more talented than people realize. Nobody watches us though, so nobody really knows it. The real problem though, is that our guys don't know it. They're still trying to come to terms with the fact that they are in the 2nd round of the playoffs - even though we have absolutely man-handled some of the best teams in the league, quite often, over the past couple of seasons.

If our guys play into the hype and the negative press, and fall into bad habits, then exactly what has been predicted WILL happen and it will happen in embarassing fashion. If we tighten up, focus, play with energy, and stop playing sh!t ball, then we will take Cleveland to the limit.

If we steal one in Cleveland, we could be dangerous over 6 games.

Though...if we win all of our home games and push it to 7, I do not believe we can beat them in a final game on their homecourt.

I am a Cavs fan first, being from Cleveland but living in Atlanta I also go for the Atlanta teams, I predict us to win in 5, mainly because I dont see yall beating us at home and we will steal 1 here in Atlanta, with that being said the hawks are a very athletic team and I say they are about 2 years away from being serious contenders and are headed in the right direction.

I am a Cavs fan first, being from Cleveland but living in Atlanta I also go for the Atlanta teams, I predict us to win in 5, mainly because I dont see yall beating us at home and we will steal 1 here in Atlanta, with that being said the hawks are a very athletic team and I say they are about 2 years away from being serious contenders and are headed in the right direction.

Captain Obvious. Do you work for the media? It seems the phrase "a very athletic team" is the universal response by everyone that has watched the Hawks play 3 games this year.

So generic. I mean, every team in the NBA is athletic.

we lose by 26 tonight, book it

Holy crap, that was almost on the button. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But eh, I'm not really too mad at the "experts" predicting a quick series, because that's probably what it's gonna be. I just want the Hawks to at least be competitive, and win a game in Atlanta. But I definitely gave up on us winning this series. I feel real bad sayin that, but sure.

Captain Obvious. Do you work for the media? It seems the phrase "a very athletic team" is the universal response by everyone that has watched the Hawks play 3 games this year.

So generic. I mean, every team in the NBA is athletic.

a team being called very athletic means 1)they have a lot of talent and 2)coached like crap.

• Premium Member
And I wouldn't be surprised if we lose by more than 26 tonight.

I don't think we will play as poorly as we did last game (though I have no reason to think we won't I guess)... Bad thing is that Cleveland can easily play better than they did last game... They were basically dancing, and laughing it up since the tip and they still manhandled us.

Anything is possible with this Hawks team.