• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dieselputer computes offseason.

Diesel

I just put it in another thread but I will say it again here since people seem to be reading this one:

Get Tyson Chandler! He's only 26, 27 and is a true C. Send Chills rights and Speedy's expiring contract for him. New Orleans needs to dump salary to get under the luxury tax and there's no way anyone is going to take on Peja's large contract so Chandler is the only piece they have to move. Chandler could be an upgrade over ZaZa with his rebounding and shotblocking ability and could start if needed.

• Moderators

Why is everything totally colored by what the guys did these last few games. Sure we don't go to the playoffs last year without Bibby but we're not even in that position without Horford. What he brings is really underappreciated.

I just put it in another thread but I will say it again here since people seem to be reading this one:

Get Tyson Chandler! He's only 26, 27 and is a true C. Send Chills rights and Speedy's expiring contract for him. New Orleans needs to dump salary to get under the luxury tax and there's no way anyone is going to take on Peja's large contract so Chandler is the only piece they have to move. Chandler could be an upgrade over ZaZa with his rebounding and shotblocking ability and could start if needed.

He is no more risky then Kaman. They are both unjury prone.

I would gladly take him if all The Hornets want are expiring contracts.

We have to think of this team as the old Pistons and Pacers where they just have so much solid depth they come at you in waves and wear you down through the course of the game.

Those Pacers teams were loaded with front court players: A. Davis, D. Davis, R. Smits, J. Rose, D. McKey, A. Croshere, C. Mullin, etc. They all could not play at once but they were alwayse fresh and took advantage of other team's weak 2nd units.

If we cannot get a solid allstar like Bosh we may have to try to beat teams by stock piling depth.

• Premium Member
Thats what I thought, and in that case I would suggest Robert Swift as a possibility. He is unrestricted and he can play multiple positions. He can play the 5, the 4, the towel boy...

I did think about Swift. However, I wondered if Sund would try to distance himself from Swift. Swift was one of 3 lottery picks used on a big man. He was injury prone. He had a personality change over the years. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with Swift if his feet are OK and if he was cheap.

• Premium Member

Chandler would be great, but why would NO move him. I know he had a chitty chitty bang bang of a year but like you said, he's young and Paul has an infinity of making him look good. Whatever we do, I think we should try to get Zaza back if we can.

Why would New Orleans move him? Because they gotta move somebody to clear some cap space. They had him traded to OKC for expirings in Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox. In the deal I proposed, they could renounce Chill's rights to get under the luxury tax and they would drop speedy's contract at the end of the season.

They took garbage one time. Why not another? We're not going to be able to sign a superstar so we better try to create some ways to make ourselves deeper.

Hell no to Tyson, he is just not a good player. He look better then he is which is below average only because of CP3. His performance over the season was worst then Zaza's on film.