• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Hollinger of ESPN on 680 today

gsuteke

Now how do you propose we get Boozer given our cap situation?

Give him JSmith's money.

Boozer is way over Josh. Boozer's mentality, scoring in the paint and rebounding is what you want as a PF. Besides there are now centers available better than Al (in the center position), so leave Al there.

I do like Felton.

If we target and get Boozer we may be able to send Josh and Josh to Oklahoma for Westbrook and a pick.

(Westbrook)(Felton)(Sessions)

Joe

Marvin

Boozer

Al

It seems everyone is in agreement about Sessions. He is abit overrated because of his high production in the last weeks of past season but if his defense is anywhere like I expect than 3-4 million of the exception is ok.

Utah had two picks before they had the chance to pick JS. They already have AK in their line up. He has no incentive to do a sign and trade with Utah.

It seems everyone is in agreement about Sessions. He is abit overrated because of his high production in the last weeks of past season but if his defense is anywhere like I expect than 3-4 million of the exception is ok.

Utah had two picks before they had the chance to pick JS. They already have AK in their line up. He has no incentive to do a sign and trade with Utah.

Will not need a SnT. Boozer is unrestricted. We will need to sign him before any other player. At that point we can relax the cap by dealing the expirings and unwanted. Deal josh Smith to a West Conference team, deal Speedy, Acie and use them to get Sessions or Felton or Westbrook.

JSmith + Speedy + Mo = Westbrook.

Sign Chills, Othello, Almond, West, Flip and Zaza..

Al/Zaza

Boozer/Othello

Marvin/Chills

Joe/Almond/West

Westbrook/Flip

Draft best player available.

Do you realize that unlike the western conference the eastern conference has an abundance of all star qualitity SFs all with height, athleticism and scoring ability? How do you propose we find adequate replacement at Marvin's production or greater given our cap to defend and beat offensively all of these players?

Exactly, there is an abundance of SF's but not Center's. This solves the center problem and upgrades the PG posiion as far as a balance between offense and defense. There is minimal if any drop off between Marving Williams and Maurice Evans considering Mo's defense and Marvin's lack of it. Most teams can luck into a good small forward ala Danny Granger. Hawks have shown they can't luck into a PG or a C. 80% of the productiove players in the NBA are between 6-6 and 6-8. The spot is the most easily filled.

We might need to take a small step back to move forward. I don't see these guys ever competing with the Cavaliers.

Hawk88

Exactly, there is an abundance of SF's but not Center's. This solves the center problem and upgrades the PG posiion as far as a balance between offense and defense. There is minimal if any drop off between Marving Williams and Maurice Evans considering Mo's defense and Marvin's lack of it. Most teams can luck into a good small forward ala Danny Granger. Hawks have shown they can't luck into a PG or a C. 80% of the productiove players in the NBA are between 6-6 and 6-8. The spot is the most easily filled.

We might need to take a small step back to move forward. I don't see these guys ever competing with the Cavaliers.

Hawk88

I agree in part but, WHOA. Marvin's defense is every bit as good as Mo. Mo can finish at the rim but that's it (over Marvin). You cannot expect to luck into Granger. Danny is better than Joe. Danny is better than most any SF not named LBJ.

I'd rather move the headache than the young Stallion's.

Boozer for Josh and get Chillz back.

I agree in part but, WHOA. Marvin's defense is every bit as good as Mo. Mo can finish at the rim but that's it (over Marvin). You cannot expect to luck into Granger. Danny is better than Joe. Danny is better than most any SF not named LBJ.

I'd rather move the headache than the young Stallion's.

Boozer for Josh and get Chillz back.

I actually watch the Hawks games and don't see how you think Marving plays D. He is slow slow slow and uncoordinated. I see 0 defense. Seriously I keep hearing people talk about Marvins' D but I have never ever seen it.

Hawk88

Caron Butler 6'7" 228

Dominic Mcguire 6'9" 230

Gerald Wallace 6'7" 220

Boris Diaw 6'8" 235

Michael Beasley 6'8" 235

Rashard Lewis 6'10" 230

Hedo Turkoglu 6'10" 220

Thaddues Young 6'8" 220

Luol Deng 6'9" 220

Lebron James 6'8" 260

Tayshaun Prince 6'9" 215

Danny Granger 6'9" 228

Mike Dunleavy Jr. 6'9" 230

Joe Alexander 6'8" 230

Richard Jefferson 6'7" 225

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute 6'8" 230

Wilson Chandler 6'8" 220

Danilo Gallinari 6'10" 225

Mo Evans 6'5" 220

This is the guy you expect to defend all that height, youth and size most nights in an 82 game season? Better yet this is the guy that you think can hit the boards just as good as all of those players?

I'm not going to suggest something so subjective as saying how easily Lebron James shot over Mo's head while suprisingly had SOME amount of difficulty shooting over a taller defender (Marvin Williams 6'9" 230). I'm not even going to bring out his post season rebounding numbers from an already weak rebounding team but just looking on paper, do you feel comfortable going into a season with Mo Evans as your starting SF and if not where do you propose we find the money to pay a Ron Artest or Trevor Ariza?

Marvin Williams for Raymond Felton is a no brainer move for the Hawks. Felton is a good PG, has some experience now and plays a little D, pentrates, would be a good fit. Filling in the small forward position is one of the easier positions to find. I would think Felton would be less money than Bibby, but maybe not if Bibby get a contract amount that he is worth in the 7-8 million range.

Then I would try and ship J. Smith and our No. 1, for the No. 3 pick, and draft Thabeet. Again we get a lot better on D.

So we would have

Felton

Johnson

M. Evans

Horford

Thabeet

This team has a lot of D, a little light on offense but we could upgrade with another bigtime small forward fairly easily.

Is Zaza an unrestricted free agent?

Hawk88

]

The only "no-brainer" on this message board is you. That would be a TERRIBLE move.

Caron Butler 6'7" 228

Dominic Mcguire 6'9" 230

Gerald Wallace 6'7" 220

Boris Diaw 6'8" 235

Michael Beasley 6'8" 235

Rashard Lewis 6'10" 230

Hedo Turkoglu 6'10" 220

Thaddues Young 6'8" 220

Luol Deng 6'9" 220

Lebron James 6'8" 260

Tayshaun Prince 6'9" 215

Danny Granger 6'9" 228

Mike Dunleavy Jr. 6'9" 230

Joe Alexander 6'8" 230

Richard Jefferson 6'7" 225

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute 6'8" 230

Wilson Chandler 6'8" 220

Danilo Gallinari 6'10" 225

Mo Evans 6'5" 220

This is the guy you expect to defend all that height, youth and size most nights in an 82 game season? Better yet this is the guy that you think can hit the boards just as good as all of those players?

I'm not going to suggest something so subjective as saying how easily Lebron James shot over Mo's head while suprisingly had SOME amount of difficulty shooting over a taller defender (Marvin Williams 6'9" 230). I'm not even going to bring out his post season rebounding numbers from an already weak rebounding team but just looking on paper, do you feel comfortable going into a season with Mo Evans as your starting SF and if not where do you propose we find the money to pay a Ron Artest or Trevor Ariza?

Yes, Mo Evans is the guy who took Marvin's place and the Hawks improved over that 20 game span. He may not be the end all solution but Marvin is only a mediocre player at best. Get rid of him and we can upgrade the position. We already missed out on Thadeous Young because we had Marvin in that spot. Marvin is costing us and we need to upgrade at that position anyway.

Hawk88

Do you realize that unlike the western conference the eastern conference has an abundance of all star qualitity SFs all with height, athleticism and scoring ability? How do you propose we find adequate replacement at Marvin's production or greater given our cap to defend and beat offensively all of these players?

Anyone who watched the Clevland series would know we needed a healthy Marv. Lebron got to roam on d because he could leave Mo Evans knowing Mo was no threat. He would not have been able to leave a healthy Marvin because Marv can knock down jumpers and take it to the hoop and get fouled. Marv plays better d as well. Now if you trade Marv for an inexpensive point like Sessions and are able to sign say Ron Artest with Bibbys money Im good with it.

Yes, Mo Evans is the guy who took Marvin's place and the Hawks improved over that 20 game span. He may not be the end all solution but Marvin is only a mediocre player at best. Get rid of him and we can upgrade the position. We already missed out on Thadeous Young because we had Marvin in that spot. Marvin is costing us and we need to upgrade at that position anyway.

Hawk88

LOL

Mo was lame as a starter. He doesn't score for crap, is one of the worst finishing wings i have seen and gets backdoored on D all the time.

Who do you think we could get to "upgrade" the position if we get rid of Marvin?

It's always amazing when people use small sample sizes to justify their oppinions. So the Hawks managed to continue winning when Marvin was on the pine, I'm sure that was a result of Mo's production. The Rockets have beaten the Lakers twice without Tracy Mcgrady and Yao Ming, I guess they should trade both and offer Chuck Hayes a max deal to be their permanent starting center.

It's always amazing when people use small sample sizes to justify their oppinions. So the Hawks managed to continue winning when Marvin was on the pine, I'm sure that was a result of Mo's production. The Rockets have beaten the Lakers twice without Tracy Mcgrady and Yao Ming, I guess they should trade both and offer Chuck Hayes a max deal to be their permanent starting center.

You are comparing Marvin to Yao Ming and Tracy Mcgrady? Marvin is overrated and it showed. He is probably about to sign a contract that he isn't worth and I sure hope it's not with the Hawks. The guy lacks a killer instanct. He is so soft is isn't even funny. I wouldn't even want Marvin on the team for anything more than 4 million per year and I don't think he is worthy of being a started on a playoff team. He is a good bench player. You have to manage your salary cap and roster and Marving isn't going to help in either case. Give me some guys with passion, not don't worry be happy Marvin.

Hawk88

You are comparing Marvin to Yao Ming and Tracy Mcgrady? Marvin is overrated and it showed. He is probably about to sign a contract that he isn't worth and I sure hope it's not with the Hawks. The guy lacks a killer instanct. He is so soft is isn't even funny. I wouldn't even want Marvin on the team for anything more than 4 million per year and I don't think he is worthy of being a started on a playoff team. He is a good bench player. You have to manage your salary cap and roster and Marving isn't going to help in either case. Give me some guys with passion, not don't worry be happy Marvin.

Hawk88

No I'm using an example about how using small sample sizes to prove a point without actually analyzing the underlying factors is a fool's game. It allows me to go ahead and make statements like the Rockets don't need players like Yao Ming or Tracy Mcgrady to beat the second best team in the league, or when Joe went down the Hawks didn't need him because Marvin was able to score 30 points and win without him or better yet statements like the Hawks "improved" without Marvin..... during a homestands.... with Joe averaging 30ppg...... If you believe that Joe is capable of just shouldering the load and scoring 30 a night for a whole season or maybe that it's Marvin that's preventing Joe from averaging 30ppg then fine, I will fall in line with your opinion.

Hollinger is a clown. Oooh, he saw how poor of a defender Bibby is. Expert analysis. Chicks can see how slow he is.

What's all this talk of Boozer? The guy is a mercenary who makes no bones about "going where the money is" while he's still in his current employer's uniform, not to mention missing chunk after chunk of the season, then make's excuses when he returns as to why he's not producing. The absolute LAST thing the Hawks need right now.

Also, who really cares if Marvin comes back or not? His toughness, or lack thereof, combined with a serious back injury, is not a good combo, especially after a payday.