• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's time for Hawksquawk to use it voice...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Mods and members,

I have an idea. I think now is the time as fans of the Hawks that we can use our voice to help leverage some of the decisions of our front office. I think that every owner cares about what the fans think and I believe that the owners know that for the most part, fans are very knowledgeable of the game. So here's what I think we can do to ensure no BK like Blunders this offseason.

Remember, I'm the guy that thinks outside of the box here.

I think we ought to set up a series of what I would call Hawksquawk Brands. And pass them on to Levenson and whatever other owners would listen. I say the sooner the better because warrooms will begin to work soon.

What are Hawksquawk Brands?...

The Hawksquawk Brand is just a bunch of recommendation that we as Hawks fans would make for our frontoffice to consider. It's our choice, our say, what will believe will work and won't work under given situations. It's not necessarily what the front office must do, but it's something that they should consider.

For instance, one Hawksquawk brand that I think we definitely need is a do not pursue brand. In that case, we would list players that the Hawks organization should not pursue...

for example:

Allen Iverson - Do not pursue Mr. Iverson because he's old, his defense has started to deteriorate , and he's a lockerroom cancer. None of his past 3 teams in the last 5 years have been successful with him.

etc...

Other Hawksquawk Brands we ought to have:

Hawksquawk Draft

Hawksquawk Free Agents.

Mods and members,

I have an idea. I think now is the time as fans of the Hawks that we can use our voice to help leverage some of the decisions of our front office. I think that every owner cares about what the fans think and I believe that the owners know that for the most part, fans are very knowledgeable of the game. So here's what I think we can do to ensure no BK like Blunders this offseason.

Remember, I'm the guy that thinks outside of the box here.

I think we ought to set up a series of what I would call Hawksquawk Brands. And pass them on to Levenson and whatever other owners would listen. I say the sooner the better because warrooms will begin to work soon.

What are Hawksquawk Brands?...

The Hawksquawk Brand is just a bunch of recommendation that we as Hawks fans would make for our frontoffice to consider. It's our choice, our say, what will believe will work and won't work under given situations. It's not necessarily what the front office must do, but it's something that they should consider.

For instance, one Hawksquawk brand that I think we definitely need is a do not pursue brand. In that case, we would list players that the Hawks organization should not pursue...

for example:

Allen Iverson - Do not pursue Mr. Iverson because he's old, his defense has started to deteriorate , and he's a lockerroom cancer. None of his past 3 teams in the last 5 years have been successful with him.

etc...

Other Hawksquawk Brands we ought to have:

Hawksquawk Draft

Hawksquawk Free Agents.

Interesting.

I'm on board. I'm just curious to know how the opinions/information gathered would be accessible to the management and ownership. Just a thought...

Arthur Blank would read everyone.........but he is not our owner. That dude really cares what fans think.......not that he gives what they think much weight on personell decisions.

I doubt the ASG gives a crap. I know BK would not give a crap.

Maybe Sund would take a gander but doubt it would hold much weight at all. If anything it would just help them explain their roster decisions in a more fan friendly / public realtionship way.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

If we would be coming to the organization with the views of the Squawk, I think we would need to run a thread on each issue with a poll to get consensus on that issue that could be communicated to someone else.

On Iverson, for example, there will be differing opinions. If the Squawk ends up split on that, it wouldn't make sense to communicate that to someone else. If 70% of people opposing bringing in Iverson, however, that would be a meaningful number.

Maybe Sund would take a gander but doubt it would hold much weight at all. If anything it would just help them explain their roster decisions in a more fan friendly / public realtionship way.

Agreed. I wouldn't want fan polls to hold much weight with a GM anyway but I don't see any real downside to this.

If we would be coming to the organization with the views of the Squawk, I think we would need to run a thread on each issue with a poll to get consensus on that issue that could be communicated to someone else.

On Iverson, for example, there will be differing opinions. If the Squawk ends up split on that, it wouldn't make sense to communicate that to someone else. If 70% of people opposing bringing in Iverson, however, that would be a meaningful number.

Agreed. I wouldn't want fan polls to hold much weight with a GM anyway but I don't see any real downside to this.

That's a good point. With anything else, debate would be an issue. I like the idea of running a poll first, majority opinion rules. Then let the posting begin. I don't see any harm in trying either....what could it hurt?

• Premium Member

Count me in. We are not coaches, players, or NBA executives... However, we have some very intelligent and rational posters in here - many of whom have followed this team for many years. We do have some very good insight to offer.

We already have constructive conversation (tons of it) on even the most minute of details involving our team. We could most certainly pin a section to the Squawk that summarizes the feelings of the board in a well thought out and precise way.

I also agree with AHF that official Squawk polls would be a great idea.

• Premium Member
Interesting.

I'm on board. I'm just curious to know how the opinions/information gathered would be accessible to the management and ownership. Just a thought...

My thought is that we can develop a consensus on the board before we call it a brand. I mean, many of us do not agree on every issue, but there are some issues that at least 80% agree. For instance, I would think that 80% of us would say don't trade Joe right now. Or 80% of us would say that Woody needs an offensive coach if he's to stay on as head coach. I believe if we can show Levenson and the ownership that we have thought out our position and we basically have a majority of internet Hawks fans (the most knowledgeable Fanbase) then they would be fools not to consider it.

It would empower us, make sure our voice is heard and hopefully put the team on the right track or steer us away from the wrong track.

• Moderators

I think a natural next step is to put together a list of topics and then start running polls or threads to tally votes/opinion. I do like the idea of making it multiple choice so that we can give a % for a given question.

• Premium Member
I think a natural next step is to put together a list of topics and then start running polls or threads to tally votes/opinion. I do like the idea of making it multiple choice so that we can give a % for a given question.

I agree with that, but I also think that it deserves it's own forum? If invited, we don't want an owner to be cluttered with our daily musings. Moreover, I think that the polls should be put up without commentary at first. Many people try to sway polls. This should be something that people come to a natural conclusion. I think 80% should be the branding number...

I would love to hear what dol thinks because somebody has to contact the owners.

The thing that tends to undermine the idea is that 'blogs' in general are seen as a lot of wild ideas, and that is sometimes the case on HS. Such stuff deminishes the legitmate stuff that is posted. Need to keep that in mind and not shoot ourselves in the foot.

I agree with that, but I also think that it deserves it's own forum? If invited, we don't want an owner to be cluttered with our daily musings. Moreover, I think that the polls should be put up without commentary at first. Many people try to sway polls. This should be something that people come to a natural conclusion. I think 80% should be the branding number...

I would love to hear what dol thinks because somebody has to contact the owners.

Good idea. In a perfect world, choose issues relevant to decisions concerning the Hawks this off-season, create a poll, gather the majority, and elaborate on why this would be beneficial for the Hawks. Then hope a brass for the Hawks reads it with an open mind!!

• Premium Member
The thing that tends to undermine the idea is that 'blogs' in general are seen as a lot of wild ideas, and that is sometimes the case on HS. Such stuff deminishes the legitmate stuff that is posted. Need to keep that in mind and not shoot ourselves in the foot.

This is just another reason why I think it should be secluded into a different forum.

Diesel im loving this great idea of yours, count me in. My only question is how are we going to make sure everybody gets involved and make sure they are voting on the polls. I do think we need many hawk fans to consider being apart of this atleast 80%, just to catch the asg attention. If many hawk fans are not going to get involved and its only about 35% of us voting on the polls then im sure we will get ignored. So how will we go about this?

Or 80% of us would say that Woody needs an offensive coach if he's to stay on as head coach.

Ofensive coach or no offensive coach, Woodson just needs to go. He's supposed to be a defensive guy, but his defensive scheme sucks too. He's not smart enough to make adjustments on offense or defense. He needs to be replaced.

• Premium Member
Diesel im loving this great idea of yours, count me in. My only question is how are we going to make sure everybody gets involved and make sure they are voting on the polls. I do think we need many hawk fans to consider being apart of this atleast 80%, just to catch the asg attention. If many hawk fans are not going to get involved and its only about 35% of us voting on the polls then im sure we will get ignored. So how will we go about this?

It will take Dolfan or one of the mods posting a mass message.

It will take Dolfan or one of the mods posting a mass message.

oh. well that seems like its going to be hard to do, but im going to stay involved just cause im a true hawks fan. I just hope this works!!!!!!!

:helpsmilie: :angel19: