R.I.P. Wayman Tisdale

• Premium Member
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4168852

From what I knew of this man, he was one hell of a great guy. It's sad that he left this earth at such an early age. May all NBA athletes look at him as a role model.

Well that sucks. He seemed like such a nice guy. I know he had to have his leg amputated some time ago from a report on ESPN, but I didn't know he was that ill. 44 is waaaaaay too young to go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
Well that sucks. He seemed like such a nice guy. I know he had to have his leg amputated some time ago from a report on ESPN, but I didn't know he was that ill. 44 is waaaaaay too young to go.

I played against him about 6 or 7 years ago in a rec league here in Tulsa. What a nice guy

• Premium Member

From what I read about the funeral, it was done in a very "classy" manner.

10414518_BG2.jpg

One of the more enduring images came when the casket entered the BOK center. Leading the way was a pallbearer holding high an NBA basketball.

"That was Wayman's NBA ball," said Keith Biglow with Biglow Funeral Home. "That was his; it wasn't ours."

Biglow was the man behind the service. He's known the Tisdale family for several years and wanted to conduct the perfect celebration of Wayman's life.

The pallbearers swayed to the melody while carrying the 925-pound casket on their shoulders.

"A lot of people call that dancing, but it's really not dancing," Biglow said. "It's more of a march."