St. Reach: 9' 2"

Vertical: 36 inches

Zaza -

Ht: 6'11"

Wt: 260 - 280

Wingspan: n/a

St. Reach: n/a

Vertical : Sub 12 inches

This cat Gortat would be a great fit on this team. We can offer him the full mle like most but way more minutes than he can handle(25-30). He's young, athletic, and a good weakside defender.

• Premium Member
Marcin Gortat -

Ht: 7' 0"

Wt: 240-250

Wingspan: 7' 3.5"

Zaza -

This cat Gortat would be a great fit on this team. We can offer him the full mle like most but way more minutes than he can handle(25-30). He's young, athletic, and a good weakside defender.

I like Gortat, he has good fundamentals. I like Zaza too. I think I'd be inclined to keep Zaza and go after Andre Jordan. I think the Clipps will take Mo for Jordan. or in a crunch... Acie for Jordan/2nd.

Marcin Gortat -

Ht: 7' 0"

Wt: 240-250

Wingspan: 7' 3.5"

Zaza -

i don't get it. why does it have to be zaza or somebody? why can't it be zaza AND somebody?

i don't get it. why does it have to be zaza or somebody? why can't it be zaza AND somebody?

Zaza is a good hustle guy but he made 4 mill last year, we assume that he'd want a not too significant but noticeable raise in his salary. Why pay that when we could possibly get an even better replacement at his old salary?

• Premium Member

I love how people are so willing to give up what they know for something that they don't know.

IF you watch Gortat, he gets all of his scoring off of the Orlando Pick and Roll.

He's 6'11" 240 with loads of potential, but I guarantee you that if we had a good PG here, Zaza would be as good if not better. Moreover, if you put Gortat in the situation that Zaza has been in where you don't play anything organized, he'd look like a big stiff.

So Zaza's age is questionable but Gortat's is not? Why is that, because Zaza is foreign and Gortat is...err. Sounds more like a biased post more than anything else.

There is probably a reason why Tony Battie is the first big off of Orlando's bench.

How is it biased? It's a funny rumor... he looks 35.

Battie backs up Lewis.

Gortat backs up Dwight.

Game 6 suspended Dwight vs. Philly-

Battie: 16 mins.

Gortat: 40 mins.

It's only biased to a Zaza nut hugger.

Rumor? Please post any link to this "rumor". You are making up a rumor, which is like 3rd hand news. In other words, completely baseless.

Funny you say Battie backs up Lewis, especially because more than half of his minutes were played at the Center position. Are you telling me that Rashard Lewis plays Center and Dwight Howard plays PF? I guess it is.

http://www.82games.com/0809/08ORL14.HTM#bypos

Gortat played 10% of the available minutes at the Center position. Battie played 16% of the available minutes at the Center position. So again I will say there is probably a reason why Battie was the first big off the bench.

http://www.82games.com/0809/08ORL13.HTM#bypos

Edited by hawksfanatic

You are comparing an 82 game stretch between a 12 year vet and more/less a rookie big man.

Gortat is averaging 11.5 minutes per game in the PLAYOFFS over what probably will be over a 20 game span when "top back up big man" Battie is averaging 7.

You are comparing an 82 game stretch between a 12 year vet and more/less a rookie big man.

Gortat started playing professional basketball in 2002. He is the same age as Zaza. Yet Gortat gets the pass of being more/less a rookie big man? And how exactly can you be less a rookie big man? He is now some infant that will miraculously grow?

I find it funny that for you a 15 game stretch is more important than an whole season. You sound like a moron for taking a smaller sample size over a larger one.

Gortat started playing professional basketball in 2002. He is the same age as Zaza. Yet Gortat gets the pass of being more/less a rookie big man? And how exactly can you be less a rookie big man? He is now some infant that will miraculously grow?

I find it funny that for you a 15 game stretch is more important than an whole season. You sound like a moron for taking a smaller sample size over a larger one.

GTFOH, he played 6 games his rookie year totaling 40 minutes. 5 games were in March and his last game in the 82nd worthless game in April which was 28 minutes. I bet that was enough time for ROY consideration.

The playoffs are more important than an 82 game span for Orlando, the Magic. Minutes for Gortat and Battie is nearly unimportant over the season when 1. Lewis and Howard are among the leaders in minutes played amongst their group doing yoemens work(79 and 78 games played each). 2. They blew out teams every 4 to 5 games allowing garbage minutes for the bench. 3. I suspect they had the 3rd seed wrapped up by mid season with no immediate danger from the 4th seed.

They basically caked walked through the entire season.

For them yeah the playoffs is much more important when every foul, possession, turnover, etc. is magnified in a SERIES, instead of an 82 game SEASON full of trial and error. With that said, why is Gortat getting more minutes than Battie in the playoffs?

• Premium Member
Gortat is an athlete, Zaza is an......well he might be able to wrestle bears back home in Georgia but as we can see that doesn't translate all too well in basketball.

yeah i noticed the same thing. He's already block LeBron's shot twice tonight.

I don't get the infatuation with Zaza. The team will be much better with him gone just like they did when Childress left. Get someone in here who can play defense.

Erm, well, if you go by the on/off stats, Zaza is the best defensive player on the team. Fairly easily-Flip Murray comes out second best. The only exception is Acie Law, who played backing up a horrible defensive PG for a small sample of minutes.