• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou has us taking TY LAWSON at 19.

bumpyphish1

Lawson had a DUI last June but I never remember any locker room or personality clashes involving Lawson.

Teague and Johnson had some clashes in the Wake Forest locker room according to the rumors. Who knows who's fault it is but 9 time out of 10 times its b/c the little guy is not passing the ball to the big guy enough and Teague is known to be a ball hog / hot dog.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawson had a DUI last June but I never remember any locker room or personality clashes involving Lawson.

Teague and Johnson had some clashes in the Wake Forest locker room according to the rumors. Who knows who's fault it is but 9 time out of 10 times its b/c the little guy is not passing the ball to the big guy enough and Teague is known to be a ball hog / hot dog.

so if we 'd draft him he'd just be Flip jr, but instead he'd be glued to the bench because of his "young player status" and just be another Salim.

• Premium Member
Didn't both Teague and Lawson have some discplinary issues in college? That may be of some concern to NBA GMs. All I hear of Flynn is that he is a "high character" guy, which kinda fits in with what we already have right now. It ain't a big deal to me, but there has to be a reason both of these guys are either in the late lottery or late first round right now. It has to be something because they all have lottery talent. In any case, I'd be cool with any of these guys as I think all of them have the talent to contribute right away.

I heard the same type of BS about Chris Paul and his low blow. Bottom line is Teague plays well enough to play on Woody's court and on any other coaches court. Lawson and Flynn represent post up opps for the other team. BTW, you don't need Payton or Cassell to be posted. Did anybody not see what Delonte West was doing to Orlando's guards? Just think... Flynn vs. Derrick Rose... in the halfcourt. ROse breaks him down gets him on his heels, go for the dunk... What happens? Rose is going to dunk on him. Flynn or Lawson gets switched off to any 2 guard in the league... what happens?

• Moderators
so if we 'd draft him he'd just be Flip jr, but instead he'd be glued to the bench because of his "young player status" and just be another Salim.

In fairness, Salim doesn't have a legitimate NBA game so it is kind of hard to say what would have happened if he had done enough to stick around in the league.

I heard the same type of BS about Chris Paul and his low blow. Bottom line is Teague plays well enough to play on Woody's court and on any other coaches court. Lawson and Flynn represent post up opps for the other team. BTW, you don't need Payton or Cassell to be posted. Did anybody not see what Delonte West was doing to Orlando's guards? Just think... Flynn vs. Derrick Rose... in the halfcourt. ROse breaks him down gets him on his heels, go for the dunk... What happens? Rose is going to dunk on him. Flynn or Lawson gets switched off to any 2 guard in the league... what happens?

Uhh again as someone mentioned earlier, West is a SHOOTING GUARD not a PG. I'd like to see Mo Williams post up Flynn or Lawson or any other PG in this draft.

And to the Rose comment, not even Rondo could stop Rose and there's not a Rondo level PG in this draft (from a defensive standpoint) and to add to that I suppose what would happen is that Flynn would get the ball back down court and throw down a nasty dunk on Rose.

As far as Teague goes, if his description is accurate then he's no Flip since he's supposed to be a very good defensive guard and Flip is only mediocre. I wouldn't be mad if we ended up with Teague but I'd prefer us to go big if we miss out on Flynn and Lawson.

There is no chance in hell Ty Lawson leaves the lottery let alone falls to us at 19

But one of those PGs will fall to us be it Maynor, Teague, etc. This draft is a complete failure if we don't come away with a PG.

I would not even mind trading for Mike Conley of the Grizzlies

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

There is no chance in hell Ty Lawson leaves the lottery let alone falls to us at 19

No chance in hell? I'll have to bookmark this thread for the draft but if you're right I'll gladly eat crow.

But one of those PGs will fall to us be it Maynor, Teague, etc. This draft is a complete failure if we don't come away with a PG.

I would not even mind trading for Mike Conley of the Grizzlies

I'd gladly give the Grizzlies the 19th pick for Conley but I doubt that they'd take it unless they take Rubio and even then I don't know that they'd trade him.

As if I wasn't skeptical enough of Teague, Diesel is on the bandwagon, so I can now 100% jump OFF it.

Lawson is a freaking player. Period. I don't care about his height. He is the lightning-quick, savvy, and is the reason they won the NCAA tournament. I like Lawson more than Flynn but I love Flynn's intangibles/personality, so I would be happy with either pick between those two.

The crazy thing is so many of you praise Raymond Felton around here. And you honestly think Ty won't be way better than Felton's 35% shooting a$$?

On a related note, glad to see we worked out Patty Mills. That's a clear indication we are looking hard at taking a PG in Rd. 1

• Premium Member
The crazy thing is so many of you praise Raymond Felton around here. And you honestly think Ty won't be way better than Felton's 35% shooting a$$?

On a related note, glad to see we worked out Patty Mills. That's a clear indication we are looking hard at taking a PG in Rd. 1

Raymond felton plays good defense and when he does dribble penetrate, he can take the physicality. Lawson is already injury prone in college.

Who can Lawson guard?

As if I wasn't skeptical enough of Teague, Diesel is on the bandwagon, so I can now 100% jump OFF it.

Lawson is a freaking player. Period. I don't care about his height. He is the lightning-quick, savvy, and is the reason they won the NCAA tournament. I like Lawson more than Flynn but I love Flynn's intangibles/personality, so I would be happy with either pick between those two.

How so? u actually expect a team picking this low not to work out a certain position? we could have Chris Paul amd Deron Williams as his backup and we'd still work these guys out. It's normal for teams to work out as many different players as possible.

• Premium Member

Diesel has a pretty good track record with guards. It's with forwards that I usually don't agree with him. (He highly values offense from forwards).

Lawson didn't actually get a DUI. He blew below a .08 but since he was 20 at the time he may have received some kind of related charge. Regardless, he was by no means "drunk", which doesn't mean he didn't make a mistake, but I think it's an important detail.

He did have his windows down and got a noise ordinace violation and a suspended license charge for having a suspended or revoked license or something.

As a UNC fan, Ty is a good kid. The thing that scares me about him is that he seems to be less mature than a lot of guys who make as positive an impact on their team. By that I mean that he absolutely was the difference between UNC being good and UNC being champions. He was never an issue off the court (except for the isolated event above), and his on court play was incredible. While I believe his play/determination/will led us to a championship, I don't know if he's a natural leader. It really seemed to take him a long time to accept that role. So is the process complete and he's a leader forever? Or was it a temporary stretch for him during this season.

Other thing that scares me is when he was injured last year he came back so tentative that it seemed like he was trying to preserve his health for his pro career. What we didn't know was whether he was holding back, or if it was 100% the injury holding him back?

I want to believe in him because of how amazing he was this season (and I don't think I'm exagerating), and how much he improved along the way. But I have a sliver of doubt that makes me uneasy. I think he's more than a great kid, just not sure if he is teh ideal PG leader for the long term. Felton was such a warrior and I have no doubt about his intangibles. If you combined Felton's heart and leadership with Lawson's game, quicks (yes, he's quicker than Felton) and strength, and add another inch or two, you'd have a perfect PG.

All that said, at 19, he's a given.