• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CHILLS SAYS HE IS STAYING IN GREECE

NJHAWK

I saw someone post on real gm that in Chills press conferance at the end of his Greek playoff he said he would return to his Greek team next season. Update: I also found some confirmation of this on thehoop blog spot. Although he said he will sit down with Greek ownership to see what they can do about the refs.

Edited by NJHAWK

I would imagine if the Greek owners really want him back he will stay in Greece. He is a superstar there. Here he is a guy who has some real nice rebound putbacks off the bench. I love the part about the refs saying they wont give him calls because he is too fast. Thats the gap between Euro leagues and the nba for all you Rubio lovers.

Edited by NJHAWK

I can't read Greek, so I don't know about the last one. The RealGM post is just hearsay, far from credible. And the middle post says nothing definitive. This sounds like a bunch of hearsay right now unless someone can provide a translated Greek page.

• Premium Member

Chilz decision will be made in less emotional conditions than the presser following a playoff game, I am fairly certain. This is no more reliable, imo, than his suggestion after the riot game that indicated he would be inclined to leave b/c of the volatility in the stands.

I would imagine if the Greek owners really want him back he will stay in Greece. He is a superstar there. Here he is a guy who has some real nice rebound putbacks off the bench. I love the part about the refs saying they wont give him calls because he is too fast. Thats the gap between Euro leagues and the nba for all you Rubio lovers.

okay, so it's not a great translation but here goes:

Particularly caustic for the arbitration was [Tzos] [Tsilntres] afterwards the end of fourth final. Analytically it declared: “Congratulating in the team, in the players, in their trainer, in that they compose [tim]. We played very well in the season, we accomplished we are developed as team. I respect also the opponent, who is very good team specifically when in the parquet this is with 8 and we with 5. This is not acceptable. He is cheap! It should not they take the control and they determine the match. I had said that I do not want to speak with the arbitration, but this he is very cheap. The game it should they are pure. I feel disgust! Of course I understand that I cannot take the all whistlings, but heard arbitrator it says in my teammate that because my I am very fast they will give me the whistlings. I feel as [royki] in the [NBA]. This is not basket! Concrete will not disappoint me. What it should we make they are we find way to exceed also this obstacle. The first thought is to remain, I want I honour my contract, we will sit with the chairman and will discuss. This moment I feel that I want to remain”. Nikolas [boyisits]: "? I do not keep nothing from the season. The second place is nothing. We keep him in the lockers room. We are disappointed that we did not achieve. The championship we lost him in the first match. Even if I could, I like I speak for the arbitration. The Panathinaikos was better team, gained three trophies. It is difficult I say what should change. Naturally and I want to remain. We we want to play basket, most sports fans in the grounds in Greece they are football's. He is deplorable what [symbainei]". Did *** Bo[yisits] inform that it will give regularly the "? [paron]"? in [Eyrompasket] of Poland.

what i feel is important to take from this is that "he feel disgust!" that they no give him whistlings because he very fast. his first thought is to remain, but he will sit with the chairman and discuss. he also says that concrete will not disappoint me, so he may be saying that he will be taking his game to the playground circuit in nyc, and1 team perhaps? go fro! go fro!

I saw someone post on real gm that in Chills press conferance at the end of his Greek playoff he said he would return to his Greek team next season. Update: I also found some confirmation of this on thehoop blog spot. Although he said he will sit down with Greek ownership to see what they can do about the refs.

I have read something similar in a couple of European Sports Newspapers... However, articles were very brief, not going into any details... Anyway, Chillz was quoted saying that he reached an understanding (in principle) with the team owner which would keep him in Greece for another year.

P.S. Sorry, I don't have any links for this, 'cause I've read it in the papers!

I have read something similar in a couple of European Sports Newspapers... However, articles were very brief, not going into any details... Anyway, Chillz was quoted saying that he reached an understanding (in principle) with the team owner which would keep him in Greece for another year.

P.S. Sorry, I don't have any links for this, 'cause I've read it in the papers!

Print media still exists? Where'd you read it? On the black market?

:cant believe:

Print media still exists? Where'd you read it? On the black market?

:cant believe:

Perhaps you're a modern dude... but I still like to read dirty newspapers and I love women with big tits... anyway, I live in Europe (all-over) and I have read it in a couple of sports-papers, but like I said, articles were very brief stating the same... that Chillz is staying in Greece for another year.

Could someone sharper and more informed than me tell me whether it might be better to just cut ties with Chil? The way I see it, if we hang on to him and can't find a taker for him in an SnT, we basically waste our capspace this offseason. Is the potential for what we can get for Josh Childress in a SnT any better than what we can get with those FAcy dollars?

Is my understanding of the situation off?

• Moderators
Could someone sharper and more informed than me tell me whether it might be better to just cut ties with Chil? The way I see it, if we hang on to him and can't find a taker for him in an SnT, we basically waste our capspace this offseason. Is the potential for what we can get for Josh Childress in a SnT any better than what we can get with those FAcy dollars?

Is my understanding of the situation off?

Letting go of Chillz does not free up any FA $$ unless we are also waiving our rights to guys like Marvin and Bibby. See the cap thread at the top of the page.