• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What are the chances of us getting David Anderson this offseason?

mattlanta

I think the answer to this question is key when going into the draft. It would help us knowing whether or not we need more depth at center. I know we drafted him in the second round a while back and that we couldn't sign him, but I'm still unsure right now even after reading all the articles and topics made about him...

it's funny how u guys actually think he'll ever come over. Same thing every year. lol it won't happen

I never really said we were going to get him. Which is why I was asking the Hawksquawk members...

but it's also funny how you think Acie Law can actually be a star under Mike Woodson. lol it won't happen

I never really said we were going to get him. Which is why I was asking the Hawksquawk members...

but it's also funny how you think Acie Law can actually be a star under Mike Woodson. lol it won't happen

people also said Roddy White was a bust. Acie is in the same situation as Roddy just about

• Premium Member
it's funny how u guys actually think he'll ever come over. Same thing every year. lol it won't happen

yep...not happening

people also said Roddy White was a bust. Acie is in the same situation as Roddy just about

The situations are not even close to comparable. White was given opportunities, even when he failed (ala the dropped bomb in the N.O. game two seasons ago). Second, White has not missed a start due to injury. Three, WO and PG are not comparable positions. If White was a QB, then I would see the comparison.

As far as DA, who knows. Rick Sund seems like a guy that drags things out to the very end. I do hope that DA is signed as he will provide the team with needed size. IMO, if Pachulia gets away, then Andersen gets signed; however, if Zaza re-signs with the Hawks then DA is part of a package deal to get another player.

The situations are not even close to comparable. White was given opportunities, even when he failed (ala the dropped bomb in the N.O. game two seasons ago). Second, White has not missed a start due to injury. Three, WO and PG are not comparable positions. If White was a QB, then I would see the comparison.

As far as DA, who knows. Rick Sund seems like a guy that drags things out to the very end. I do hope that DA is signed as he will provide the team with needed size. IMO, if Pachulia gets away, then Andersen gets signed; however, if Zaza re-signs with the Hawks then DA is part of a package deal to get another player.

both were 4 year seniors coming out. Roddy didn;t get many opportunities because we ran the ball so much. He only got maybe 2 passes thrown his way on a good day his first 2 seasons. both suffered from horrible coaching and lack of opportunities, and both have the talent to be great which Roddy has finally fulfilled. oh and Woody doesn't let Acie be the PG/ QB of the team anyway so the QB comparison is off. he is wide out in the corner wishing he could get a pass ala a WR lol

Edited by Cwell

The difference between Roddy and Acie is that Roddy White actually got some playing time... and Roddy busted out when we got a coach that was pass-happy and wanted to utilize Roddy White. That's not the case here with Woodson.

Edited by Libid21

i don't think it's unreasonable to think there is a chance that we will sign David Anderson..especially since the subject has been brought up to sund and he said that because of not being f ully briefed on the situation last year that this year it will be given its due consideration...plus david has become more vocal in saying he wants to come over and his frustration..

i say that there i LIKELY something happening on this front even if its a trade of his rights..

it would be stupid not to...............then again these are the hawks.

• Premium Member
Larry Fitzgerald?????????????

Roddy is not far behind. Put Roddy in that gimmicky offense he'll put up equal or better numbers.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member
also speaking of this situation, what was the last word on how much its going to cost the Hawks to bring him over here? someone got the numbers on that?

No one can know for sure, but it will be a significant chunk of the MLE (at least half).