• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves keep getting robbed

APE

We need run support for JJ and Javi. Kelly Johnson was horrible defesively today. And seems like we can't get anyone to score when they are in scoring position.

You ain't kiddin'. These guys must be so frustrated with the offense. They pitch their butts off and what do they get for it? Another loss! Our starting pitching, overall, has been really good this year. Why can't they get it together offensively? We have Escobar, Chipper, McCann, McClouth, Kotchman ain't that bad. What the hell is the problem with the Braves bats? I am at a loss.

You ain't kiddin'. These guys must be so frustrated with the offense. They pitch their butts off and what do they get for it? Another loss! Our starting pitching, overall, has been really good this year. Why can't they get it together offensively? We have Escobar, Chipper, McCann, McClouth, Kotchman ain't that bad. What the hell is the problem with the Braves bats? I am at a loss.

You're at a loss? How about the fact that we only have three decent bats in the lineup and the rest of them are boom or bust's? The fact that Francouer and Kelly Johnson are on the lineup? They are automatic outs. Black holes in the lineup.

On a side note, the Nationals are interested in Jordan Schafer. To that I say hell no and go find your own five-star centerfield prospect. (I would give them Schafer as long as we can package him with Francouer to get Dunn + another prospect).

You're at a loss? How about the fact that we only have three decent bats in the lineup and the rest of them are boom or bust's? The fact that Francouer and Kelly Johnson are on the lineup? They are automatic outs. Black holes in the lineup.

On a side note, the Nationals are interested in Jordan Schafer. To that I say hell no and go find your own five-star centerfield prospect. (I would give them Schafer as long as we can package him with Francouer to get Dunn + another prospect).

I assume you mean the 3 decent bats are chipper, mccann and escobar. IMO, McClouth and Kotchman aren't that bad either. I agree 100% that Francouer and Johnson need to be sent packing. But to who and what do we do to replace them?

That's the thing though. The market for a power hitting righty is not very deep. Not a lot of people will want Francouer, and you're thinking about packaging him and Kelly Johnson? Kelly Johnson maybe. Francouer no. Don't expect to get anything better than Francouer if we do trade him off. It will either be for a very crappy player or a decent player with a huge contract.

Has he started started playing in Gwinnett?

Francoeur says he'll be wearing his lucky "turkey underwear" tonight claiming the Braves are 7-0 when he wears the lingerie many might reserve for Thanksgiving

We'll need that luck since Lowe is starting.

Bobby Cox need to retire soon and the Braves have a terrible offensive team. Terrible.

And the defensive breakdowns (Chipper and Escobar allowing an infield pop-up single last week) aren't helping either. :slap1:

Anyone know when Tim Hudson is due to return?

Has he started started playing in Gwinnett?

Yes. The most recent game I tracked him at he went 0-5 with 2 or 3 K's. He's only played 6 games in AAA so far mostly because of the wrist injury he was suffering from. I hate how we rushed Schafer. Why couldn't we stick with Blanco at center or J. Anderson at center instead of rushing Schafer from spring? He was already suffering some minor injuries in spring training. We should have just let him play a month or two in the minors and then called him up. I hate it when teams rush their players and skip a step (A, AA, AAA).

BTW great game today by the Braves. I vote for Prado being the every day second baseman. And the Red Sox gave up a 10-1 lead in the seventh and eighth inning. They lost by one I think.

That's the thing though. The market for a power hitting righty is not very deep. Not a lot of people will want Francouer, and you're thinking about packaging him and Kelly Johnson? Kelly Johnson maybe. Francouer no. Don't expect to get anything better than Francouer if we do trade him off. It will either be for a very crappy player or a decent player with a huge contract.

I always thought Francouer was too free-swinging to ever be an effective hitter in the bigs, but I was so wrong on Kelly Johnson. He was so incredibly patient when he came up, posting an OBP that was more than 100 points higher than his batting average. Now, he seems to just be hacking. I have to think TP is responsible. Remember, as good as TP was at hitting for average (for 4 years of his career...he did hit like .250 for the other 8), he never was very good at working walks. In fact, he was downright miserable at it. His greatest sin has to be what he's done to Kelly Johnson. The Braves' free-swinging ways have made me nauseous for 2 decades, and I think it's an atrocity to convince a patient hitter he needs to be more aggressive. A team-wide patient approach at the plate has been shown to have a multiplicative effect on the offense, tiring pitchers out, increasing the number of hittable pitches seen, increasing walks and thus run scoring opportunities, and increasing the incidence of free bases (through wild pitches). ANY hitting coach who does NOT preach patience is a charlatan.

BTW, Jaywalker wrote Rob Neyer when the Braves appointed TP and complained about this very thing--TP was a hacker, so how can he instill patience??? I fervently agreed, and now look where we are. Good call, JW.

JJ was great today and finally got the run support he needs....Tonight is what the Braves would be like with an offense. Hopefully Nate can join the party tommorow........

JJ was great today and finally got the run support he needs....Tonight is what the Braves would be like with an offense. Hopefully Nate can join the party tommorow........

Wow, where was this offense a few weeks ago?? :no-no:

Wow, where was this offense a few weeks ago?? :no-no:

IDK and this is without McClouth and Escobar starting...Hopefully this offense shows up again tommorow for Javi....and with this offense we are probably the best team in the NL, Dodgers who?

IDK and this is without McClouth and Escobar starting...Hopefully this offense shows up again tommorow for Javi....and with this offense we are probably the best team in the NL, Dodgers who?

Cox makes a few changes, and we're a different team overnight!

Sweeping the division leaders is a great way to catch up before the All Star Break :beer: