• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we were to agree w/ Childress on a SnT, what teams would be good candidates?

sturt

• Premium Member

Seems that the best use may be to send him to a team that has a place for him in their rotation, if not their starting line-up, but also that could help us obtain a UFA in return... am I right on that?

He would be great next Paul in New Orleans.

Chandler is a center............Can he stay healthy in a reserve role ?

The Clippers are definately a thought with their glut of bigs but I doubt Childess gets to start for them.

The Raptos have a need for a starting SF but I doubt he has any interest of living in Canada.

The Spurs were a perfect fit until they got Jefferson.

The Rockets may be interested if they let Artest walk.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators
Orlando has a bunch of shooters and a defensive big man to back Childress up defensively. I would think they would be a good candidate.

I wonder if we could use a SNT deal to make a bigger offer to Gortat.

Would we hit byc issues with Childress?

Would we hit byc issues with Childress?

I'm certainly not the authority on this but I'm about 100% positive that we would. We are in exactly the same situation with him this year that we were last year. I think that H posted some ideas recently with Childress and Randolph Morris that worked though.

Orlando has a bunch of shooters and a defensive big man to back Childress up defensively. I would think they would be a good candidate.

I wonder if we could use a SNT deal to make a bigger offer to Gortat.

I would love to get Gortat but....

Do they need Vince Carter, Micheal Petrius, Rashard Lewis, and Josh Childress ?

Again.........I think Childress would be the one off the bench. He is a good defender but not as good as Petrius.........no way Chillz could have muscled up with Lebron an Petirus did.

I think Josh over values himself. Talented NBA wings literally grow on trees. Its not like he is a PG or C.

I would love to get Gortat but....

Do they need Vince Carter, Micheal Petrius, Rashard Lewis, and Josh Childress ?

Again.........I think Childress would be the one off the bench. He is a good defender but not as good as Petrius.........no way Chillz could have muscled up with Lebron an Petirus did.

I think Josh over values himself. Talented NBA wings literally grow on trees. Its not like he is a PG or C.

Shard plays the 4. Who do they have backing up the 2 and 3 other than Redick?

• Premium Member
I'm certainly not the authority on this but I'm about 100% positive that we would. We are in exactly the same situation with him this year that we were last year. I think that H posted some ideas recently with Childress and Randolph Morris that worked though.

Just checked. You'd have to use Evans.

Childress' BYC starts at $4.37M. He's not going to come back to the U.S. for anything close to that low.

If you use only Morris, the max that Childress could make would be ~$4.86M. That's not happening either.

So, to S&T Childress, you'd have to use Mo Evans. It's possible, but I don't see that happening.

Toronto might be an option since they can get below the cap, but if Childress does decide to return, it looks like the Hawks' only options are match/not match.

Edited by mrhonline

• Premium Member
How would trading Chillz to another team help us obtain an UFA?

Forgive if I've misunderstood, but I thought it was the case that if we are in a situation where we're over the cap, another team with room presumably could sign him, and we could trade Chilz to them for the UFA... of course, understanding that there are few teams w/ room.

• Premium Member

Double sign-and-trades almost never work under the CBA.

Guys, I think it's time we face the reality that the Hawks aren't S&T Childress this year. If a team gets Josh to sign an MLE deal, the Hawks will most likely match it.

Otherwise, he goes back to Europe.

How about the Bucks?

The Dish

Hedo Turkoglu is looking for a five-year deal worth at least $10 million annually.

Blazers make quick push for Hedo; Bucks eye big splash

By David Aldridge, TNT analyst

Posted Jul 2 2009 12:40AM

Updating some of Wednesday's top NBA free agent stories:

Magic free agent forward Hedo Turkoglu will be wined and dined by the Portland Trail Blazers on Thursday and Friday as they try to make a quick strike in free agency by getting Orlando's starting forward to agree to a deal. Turkoglu was set to meet in Orlando on Wednesday night with Blazers head coach Nate McMillan, according to Turkoglu's agent, Lon Babby.

"We're going to start the process there, but we're going to be transparant about what we're doing," Babby said. "You can only visit one team at a time."

Babby said that other teams weren't necessarily on hold while Turkoglu visits with the Blazers, and that he planned to be speaking simultaneously with a few teams about Turkoglu in the next few days. However, he noted that the Blazers "understand the parameters of what I'm talking about" with regard to a contract. Turkoglu is looking for a five-year deal worth at least $10 million annually; so far, Orlando has only been willing to talk about a four-year deal. Babby also said that Turkoglu's deciding to take a visit in Portland does not mean it's a done deal with the Blazers.

Babby said his preference would be to get a deal for Turkoglu done early, before the official start of the free agent signing period a week from today.

Because the Blazers were one of the few teams with cap room this summer, the picture for free agent point guards will remain cloudy until Portland either signs Turkoglu or moves on. While Jason Kidd has always been expected to re-sign with Dallas, players like Atlanta guard Mike Bibby and Philadelphia guard Andre Miller may have far fewer options if Portland is no longer in the market for a point guard.

Meanwhile, Babby also disclosed that veteran forward Grant Hill would visit the Knicks on Monday. Hill, 36, played a season in Phoenix for Mike D'Antoni, now the Knicks head coach. The Knicks aren't as far along as contending teams, but Hill's interest in New York may have off-the-court roots as well: he's almost certain to step into a broadcasting booth when his days are over, and a job there for a year or two would do nothing but enhance his profile to prospective post-career employers.

And forward Josh Childress, who started the trend of NBA players going overseas last season by signing with Greek power Olympiacos for three years and $20 million, will visit the Milwaukee Bucks on Thursday, according to his agent, Jim Tanner. Childress can return to the NBA, but his rights would still be owned by the Atlanta Hawks, who drafted him in 2004, as a restricted free agent -- meaning the Hawks could match any offer from other teams for Childress. But Childress has not yet decided whether to stay in Greece for a second season or come back to the NBA.

Childress does not want to return to the Hawks, however.

The Bucks, who drafted point guard Brandon Jennings last week, are in desperate need of making another splash after trading Richard Jefferson to the Spurs last week and not tendering free agent forward Charlie Villanueva, who was in Detroit Wednesday talking with the Pistons.