• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks and Free Agents

Hawk88

Doesn't look like anybody wants to sign with the Hawks as a free agent, go figure.......

Just curious what you think our biggest deficiency is if you had to pick one.

i can count on one hand how many teams that have signed FAs.It just started this week have some patience

edit: they cant even sign this week

Edited by falconfrenzy

• Premium Member
Doesn't look like anybody wants to sign with the Hawks as a free agent, go figure.......

Just curious what you think our biggest deficiency is if you had to pick one.

I think you should get the benefit of a doubt here, so I'll just respond straightforwardly...

our biggest deficiency is that we aren't Boston, LA, or any team that has sniffed a conference finals let alone a world championship in about 20 years... and that that is vital if you want the media to be talking non-stop about your chances of landing Player X.

That's our biggest deficiency explaining why it "doesn't look like anybody wants to sign with the Hawks"... now if that turns out to be the case, we can go there, but I feel fairly confident that we're being taken seriously by the players and their agents, ie the ones who matter. As one anonymous GM noted, heck, half the NBA players live in ATL in the off-season, so that's a fairly significant point to someone shopping for a place to play.

Hasn't there been two signings so far? This is a ridiculous pity party. Besides we are looking to sign one or two guys this offseason. It's not like we have cap room that players are rejecting like a few years ago.

There have been no signings so far. The only things being reported are trades or contracts aggreed to in principle which can be signed next week. Not coincidentally almost all of these stories coming out involve teams with a lot of capspace which the Hawks don't have.

Edited by exodus

• Premium Member

All I know is that I was on the road this afternoon, and all that Van Pelt spoke about on ESPN radio was the possibility that Sheed could end up in Boston or San Antonio and that Ariza could end up in Cleveland. Not much else.

Classic knee jerk reaction... It just started...

Options are drying up really quickly. Sheed is going to sign with Boston or SA and Dice is probably going to sign with which team Sheed does go on. The kid for Orlando is gone. Just how many quality big men do you think is out there? All the produce vets are ring chasing. So no, it's not a "classic knee jerk reaction".