• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

David AndersEn

Chaze

I just hope the hawks give David Anderson or ''santa claus'' a chance he wont be that expensive sign him on a one year deal i mean what could to see how he does at least. What could the hawks lose my signing him

Edited by Chaze

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

don't get banned! You better change his name to Andersen before the mods see this.

don't get banned! You better change his name to Andersen before the mods see this.

It's been so long now that I'm starting to doubt we'll ever bring him over. Of course the interest has to be mutual on both sides too, and the last I read of it (which was several months ago), Andersen did not sound all that enthused about the idea of coming to Atlanta. So who knows what's going on with that.

Well if we are not going to sign him this year and its true we lose his rights after this season can we please trade him to a team that will pay him and get SOMETHING. Even a 2nd round pick from a bad team, look we could of had a player like Sam Young, Derrick Brown or Dejuan Blair if we had that this year.

• Premium Member
Well if we are not going to sign him this year and its true we lose his rights after this season can we please trade him to a team that will pay him and get SOMETHING. Even a 2nd round pick from a bad team, look we could of had a player like Sam Young, Derrick Brown or Dejuan Blair if we had that this year.

Trading him is the easy part. Getting him to come to the US and sign seems to be the impossible part.

Soon as David realizes he will be a rookie in the NBA instead of Euro All-Star something might get done. Dude thinks he is worth basically the MLE. Last year I believe he was asking for $5 mil per. Bring it down a few mil then something can get worked out. By the time we sign everyone. Hawks will be close to Luxury tax level I would imagine.

This is off a website called Interbasket.net from the beginning of March 2009.

DraftExpress reports that David Anderson, Australian center and Euroleague Star, is considering coming to the NBA for the 2009-2010 season.

One of the premier big men in the Euroleague, Anderson has an opt-out clause in his contract, and is interested in going to the American league this next season. The problem? “The fact that the Atlanta Hawks have shown little to no interest in his services” says DraftExpress.

I can’t imagine how Anderson wouldn’t be better fit than Zaza Pachulia.

The 6-11, 245lb Anderson was drafted 37th overall by the Atlanta Hawks in 2002, and has played for the Wollongong Hawks of the NBL. He joined European club Kinder Bologna in 1999 and would win the Euroleague title in 2000-01 with stars Manu Ginobili, Marco Jaric, Antoine Rigaudeau, Rashard Griffith, and Matjaz Smodis.

Anderson would move on to Montepaschi Siena for one season (2003–04), before finally joining CSKA Moscow from 2004–08, where he would win tw more Euroleague championships and become an All-Euroleague selection (2004-05).

*Edited for accuracy

• Premium Member
This is off a website called Interbasket.net from the beginning of March 2009.

*Edited for accuracy

upgrade over Zaza? I have no clue on this guy.

Spanish newspapers are reporting today that it's almost for sure that Andersen is coming to the Hawks.

Andersen to the Hawks

They say that Barcelona doesn't expect to have him back because it's pretty close to make a deal with Atlanta. It also says that it was always his dream to go to the NBA but the Hawks never gave him an opportunity (until now?)

I'm a Barcelona fan living in Atlanta (and a Hawks fan, of course) and the end of the season that Andersen had was amazing. The only problem that I see with him it's that people here expect him to be an upgrade over Zaza, but he plays more like a PF. He has a great shot but he isn't that tough... I consider him a great addition to the Hawks bench, especially if he comes for arround $3M/year. It's difficult to find better value than that...

Edited by yellowhawks

• Premium Member
Spanish newspapers are reporting today that it's almost for sure that Andersen is coming to the Hawks.

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gen/2009070...-en-la-nba.html

They say that Barcelona doesn't expect to have him back because it's pretty close to make a deal with Atlanta. It also says that it was always his dream to go to the NBA but the Hawks never gave him an opportunity (until now?)

I'm a Barcelona fan living in Atlanta (and a Hawks fan, of course) and the end of the season that Andersen had was amazing. The only problem that I see with him it's that people here expect him to be an upgrade over Zaza, but he plays more like a PF. He has a great shot but he isn't that tough... I consider him a great addition to the Hawks bench, especially if he comes for arround $3M/year. It's difficult to find better value than that...

dead link

I've said it before (on numerous occassions), DA is a very good player and Hawks would surely benefit by bringing him over!

He would certainly bring something new to the table! He can play in the post, shoot from mid to long range, runs the floor well, has above-average BBall IQ (excellent pick & roll player), plays good D and has great experience... and my guess is that he wouldn't cost that much, maybe 3/12...

• Premium Member
Good news, very good news. Didn't think I'd see it happen.

Funny translation.

Should be a pretty easy singning for the Hawks. The guy is only making $2 mill euros now.

• Premium Member

Andersen to the Hawks

That's the thing that scares me about him. I don't know if the Hawks need another scorer. Zaza's toughness down low is why he's a favorite of mine. Hopefully the Hawks will sign Z and bring in Andersen as an alternative to Solo and Morris.