• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we can't get Marvin

GameTime

Or a little bit higher?

With Turk to Toronto he doesn't have many options now. JJ would love to have Marion if we can't get Marvin.

marion would be sweet, but i'm sure he'd be asking for quite a bit more than the mle. i would guess he and marv would be somewhere in the same neighborhood (7-8mil/year). i forgot he was out there, and i'm glad to know there is another option.

if he did come here, i would really, really, really, really hope that woody would allow this team to open it up and play an uptempo game. marion seems to thrive more in that style, not so much in the half court grind. with all the offense on the team (and shrinking d), this team would become the phx suns part duex in the east.

should marvin leave, and marion come aboard, wonder if sund would can woody in his last year if he doesn't open it up and bring in a coach that does have more of a d'antoni mindset. don't know if that would help us win more games, but it would sure sell more tickets and fit more into the "highlight factory" theme.

marion would be sweet, but i'm sure he'd be asking for quite a bit more than the mle. i would guess he and marv would be somewhere in the same neighborhood (7-8mil/year). i forgot he was out there, and i'm glad to know there is another option.

if he did come here, i would really, really, really, really hope that woody would allow this team to open it up and play an uptempo game. marion seems to thrive more in that style, not so much in the half court grind. with all the offense on the team (and shrinking d), this team would become the phx suns part duex in the east.

should marvin leave, and marion come aboard, wonder if sund would can woody in his last year if he doesn't open it up and bring in a coach that does have more of a d'antoni mindset. don't know if that would help us win more games, but it would sure sell more tickets and fit more into the "highlight factory" theme.

D'Antoni's mindset is great to watch, but it won't win when it counts. D'Antoni has never paid attention to defense at all.

We really should be going after Shawn Marion hes a great rebounder, can shoot and score, and plays excellent defense come on hawks wat are u doin this free agency and of course hell start over marvin williams hes better duh! he turned down torontos offer because they got hedo turkoglu. Just give him a 4 years and 8 million per year,

the guy is a flat out beast miami not his fit if u look at his numbers at the end of the season he beasted with toronto

Atlanta ? come on step ya game up

Toronto papers:

Is Shawn Marion Worth Mid-Level Exception?

Posted: 7/5/2009 5:09:00 AM

Source: Doug Smith of The Toronto Star

There was no indication from several league sources exactly what (Bryan) Colangelo had in mind, but the spectre of trying to deal Kris Humphries for a draft pick or some other future consideration was being kicked around by a couple of league sources.

That would seem to be a long shot – Humphries is hardly A-list material and is coming off a broken leg – but it does mean Colangelo is not done.

In a perfect world, he'd find a way to make it financially possible to keep one of Anthony Parker or Carlos Delfino, but nothing is close to being done.

If (Shawn) Marion can land somewhere in a sign-and-trade deal, which would allow him to maximize his earnings as best he can, it looks like the best he'll get is a deal starting at the so-called "mid-level cap exception," expected to be about $5.6 million.

The only team with significant cap space to make him a free-standing offer would be Portland, which isn't in the market for a player with Marion's skill set.

And while Colangelo and his money men were trying to figure out cap and salary implications, it's a virtual certainty that coach Jay Triano and his staff were trying to figure out just how they'll use Turkoglu in what will be one of the biggest lineups in the Eastern Conference.

Putting Shawn Marion at the small forward position would make him as much of lability to the team as Josh Smith would be if he were to be put at the small forward position. These two are essentially the same player. Both are horrendous jump shooters who are liabilities on the perimeter. Both are very good on the defensive end of the floor. Both are at their best when they can get the ball going towards the basket. Neither are very good at creating his own shot. Neither have a post offensive game to speak of.

Shawn Marion is a good fit in an up tempo style of offense like he played in while with the Suns. It's becoming obvious to me that Josh Smith may be a better fit for that style as well.

thats a good possible sign n trade...marv for marion..contracts could be worth about the same. I wouldn't hate that.

I agree somewhat. I agree that Atlanta needs to step up their game and sign someone big but for some reason I'm a bit hesistate with Marion. He really didn't beast in TOR, just 14 ppg. I am for bringing in Amare. But I would bring in Marion. I think you rotate him with Marvin if we were to keep Marvin.

I offer Marion no more then 7 per year though.

Quoted wrong person...Sry...

Edited by hawksrule9