• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Acie vs Teague

Admin

Acie didn't have much potential and now we catch a glimpse of his ceiling as an NBA player. Their jumping ability suggest similar finishers but Teague is actually dunking on people standing just 6'1" and Acie never showed that type of ability.

His dunks were impressive. And it is the old notion that younger guys have more ups. That remains to be seen, but it would appear that Acie may have reached his potential more in college. Hope that is not true for Teague.

Considering his 2.5" advantage with max vertical and .5" advantage with max reach he's able to get 3" higher than Acie but then he's 2" shorter so I guess that means he can only get 1" higher

Teague's max vertical reach is 11-3 and Acie's is 11-0. That means Teague can jump up and go 3 inches higher than Acie. I hope he uses the board more, unlike Acie.

Teague's max vertical reach is 11-3 and Acie's is 11-0. That means Teague can jump up and go 3 inches higher than Acie. I hope he uses the board more, unlike Acie.

Oh yeah duh I didn't even notice that stat. That should definitely help him finish a little easier in the paint than Acie.

For whatever reason, Teague's athleticism advantage doesn't seem to show up in the numbers as much. Maybe the difference is more in their games than their actual athleticism but from the little I saw of both of them in college, it seemed that Teague had a much easier time taking advantage of people based on his explosiveness which was one of my problems with draftin Acie. Also, I really didn't like the fact that Acie was a senior and while being good, wasn't absolutely dominant as I would have liked for a player of his experience playing in the watered down NCAA and taken that high.

• Premium Member
For whatever reason, Teague's athleticism advantage doesn't seem to show up in the numbers as much. Maybe the difference is more in their games than their actual athleticism but from the little I saw of both of them in college, it seemed that Teague had a much easier time taking advantage of people based on his explosiveness which was one of my problems with draftin Acie. Also, I really didn't like the fact that Acie was a senior and while being good, wasn't absolutely dominant as I would have liked for a player of his experience playing in the watered down NCAA and taken that high.

Exactly! That was the point I was trying to make earlier.

My view on Acie in college was he is deft with both hands, right nearly as good as left and ability to drive right nearly to going left. That didn't seem to translate in the NBA and I guess that is where potential comes in.

In just 31 games I like that teague went to the line 219 times(82%) and shot 44% from 21 feet(college three) and further out. Don't know if he has the range for 25 feet but I'm very comfortable with him shooting the long jumpers Bibby and Josh like to shoot.

In two years he can become a JT type of player or in 4 years he may develop into a Tony Parker type. I guess this is where his potential comes in. Hopefully he isn't injury proned as Speedy.

Hollinger had one number that stood out to be two years ago when he listed Law as one of his potential busts. In 4 years of college Law had a total of 2 blocks as a 6'3 guard. In two years of college...Teague had 35 blocks. I don't think it really mattered in the long run because Acie's athletisicm wasn't that big of a negative. The problem(as exodus stated) is that he shot .327 % on jumsphots as a rookie and followed that up with .316% in his 2nd year. Both of those totals are pretty awful for a guy who was supposed to be a scoring point guard.