• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can we stop wasting our breath?

Johnnybravo4

Or fingers rather. All of these trade scenerios and FA wishes are a waste of time because it should be obvious right now that the ASG is not going to spend the money necessary to build us a championship team. I am not saying that they are cheap...we aren't exactly the Bobcats, but they they won't do what the Magic, Mavs, Cavs, and Celtics are doing. It isn't because of market size. None of those cities are bigger than Atlanta. It is because they don't believe that this team can win. They don't think that we are one or two pieces away from competing so why spend money for a team that will lose in the second round.

That may be logical but it damn sure isn't the type of ownership that I want. I want owners who at least give the fanbase hope that they can win...even if it is foolhearty. Mark Cuban knows damn well that that Mavs team won't win as constructed, but damnit if he isn't trying anyway. It is that hope that keeps Mavs fans buying season tix every year. The ASG haven't figured that out yet. They run a pro team like a blue chip stock, they want it to stay at 75 bucks like Coca Cola for the next 100 years. I want an ownership group that runs a team like an emerging market growth stock. I want them to grow it to 300 bucks a share...damn if it does fall to 10 cents a year later, it is the journey that makes it fun.

Truth be told, next year's championship will be won by the Lakers.....but I don't want to have to believe that in July.

They have spent on the Hawks, but what is even more surprising is their moves with the Thrashers. It seems like they've definitely opened their wallets a little this offseason.

Co-sign. They've done much more than expected! Can't wait for next season(s) :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Or fingers rather. All of these trade scenerios and FA wishes are a waste of time because it should be obvious right now that the ASG is not going to spend the money necessary to build us a championship team. I am not saying that they are cheap...we aren't exactly the Bobcats, but they they won't do what the Magic, Mavs, Cavs, and Celtics are doing. It isn't because of market size. None of those cities are bigger than Atlanta. It is because they don't believe that this team can win. They don't think that we are one or two pieces away from competing so why spend money for a team that will lose in the second round.

That may be logical but it damn sure isn't the type of ownership that I want. I want owners who at least give the fanbase hope that they can win...even if it is foolhearty. Mark Cuban knows damn well that that Mavs team won't win as constructed, but damnit if he isn't trying anyway. It is that hope that keeps Mavs fans buying season tix every year. The ASG haven't figured that out yet. They run a pro team like a blue chip stock, they want it to stay at 75 bucks like Coca Cola for the next 100 years. I want an ownership group that runs a team like an emerging market growth stock. I want them to grow it to 300 bucks a share...damn if it does fall to 10 cents a year later, it is the journey that makes it fun.

Truth be told, next year's championship will be won by the Lakers.....but I don't want to have to believe that in July.

everyone can pick the lakers, celtics, cavs to win,. BUT we have the talent and chemistry here to pull a upset and win it all. thats what everyone here needs to see.

everyone can pick the lakers, celtics, cavs to win,. BUT we have the talent and chemistry here to pull a upset and win it all. thats what everyone here needs to see.

I'm not quite ready to say we'll win it all but I think we just need a year or 2 and we'll be ok! We're definately on our way and I'm loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have spent on the Hawks, but what is even more surprising is their moves with the Thrashers. It seems like they've definitely opened their wallets a little this offseason.

Resigning their own players and swapping salaries isn't spending money. It isn't as cheap as not resigning your own players but we basically are the same team with Crawford and a rookie. We haven't done anything that would allow us to compete with the top 3 in our conference. We are basically content with staying at 4, which isn't guaranteed. If the Spirit either had the money, or thought that they had a championship contender then they would have countered the moves of the top 3. The Magic made the finals last season and weren't just content with staying pat. They got BETTER.

• Like 1

Resigning their own players and swapping salaries isn't spending money. It isn't as cheap as not resigning your own players but we basically are the same team with Crawford and a rookie. We haven't done anything that would allow us to compete with the top 3 in our conference. We are basically content with staying at 4, which isn't guaranteed. If the Spirit either had the money, or thought that they had a championship contender then they would have countered the moves of the top 3. The Magic made the finals last season and weren't just content with staying pat. They got BETTER.

You seem to have an extremely limited understanding of how the CBA works. You do understand that we cannot sign other teams FA's with all of our cap holds ? Sure we could have renounced our rights to Bibby, Marvin, ZaZa, Flip, Solo, and West and had $12 mill to target other team's FA. that is running a hige risk and also shrinks the amount of money we could spend in FA b/c we can go over the cap to sign our own guys but could not go over the cap to resign other team's guys. It so happens the Hawk's own FA's are some of the best one's on the market and actually want to come back here............So how is the way the ASG went about the off season wrong ? Instead of pointing fingers tell me the mistakes and what the owners should have done. It seems like your complaining just b/c you think its the thing to do or b/c you really have no understanding of the CBA.

The owners are spending as much as the rules allow them too without incurring the luxury tax.

I don't see how replacing Turkoglu, Lee and Gortat with Carter and Bass makes them much better if any.

• Premium Member

Instant gratification. How boring.

Resigning their own players and swapping salaries isn't spending money. It isn't as cheap as not resigning your own players but we basically are the same team with Crawford and a rookie.

We are the same young team which is now one year older with an improved sixth man. Maybe we'll still end up a #4 in the East, but as of right now our star is a lot brighter than at least two of three teams ahead of us.

Before the offseason I worried about both Washington and Chicago contending for the #4, but I think losing Gordon will really hurt Chicago.