Brock Lesner destroyed Frank Mir.

I don't watch this stuff very often... But Brock being a former wrestler gets me intrigued when he has his matches. My friend is a bigger fan and he loves this stuff. He hates Brock because he was a "fake wrestler".

As for the match, Brock just simply over powered the guy and stayed on top punching him. Even though Mir only got 2 hits... I got to say that I got the feeling he is a more skilled fighter. But he was simply over powered here. It was a case of a guy being smart enough to not make mistakes and just use his strength to win the fight. The fans were not pleased with the fight because Brock kept Mir on the ground and didn't really even give him a chance.

They booed Lesner and Brock responded with the middle finger as he further taunted the crowd and Frank Mir.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Brock wants to be known as a "bad *ss" so much it's kinda ridiculous....He needs to to show more class and respect...Now with that being said, he dominated Mir and showed some improvement and looked "official"...

But, call me crazy, but I would love to see Lesnar vs Mir 3 because I think Mir was doing OK standing and striking this time, but Brock overwhelmed him on the ground...Mir just cam out a little timid and then got trapped on the ground with his head exposed...I think Mir could do a lot better and could possibly beat Brock again...

Brock wants to be known as a "bad *ss" so much it's kinda ridiculous....He needs to to show more class and respect...Now with that being said, he dominated Mir and showed some improvement and looked "official"...

But, call me crazy, but I would love to see Lesnar vs Mir 3 because I think Mir was doing OK standing and striking this time, but Brock overwhelmed him on the ground...Mir just cam out a little timid and then got trapped on the ground with his head exposed...I think Mir could do a lot better and could possibly beat Brock again...

I think those qualities pretty much go out the window in a situation like that. It takes a special breed to do what those guys do. That's fights are as savage as it gets. How can you exhibit any kind of respect after beating someone's face in with your bare hands?

If there's a 3rd fight, Brock will come out with the same gameplan and dominate him again. Once Brock got him on the ground it was over..... notice how Brock even let Mir stand up once but he kept falling down.

Brock Lesnar is the s***. I like his character. He's a good villain. And I think wrestling is the most important grappling style in MMA. Unless you have VERY good BJJ, I think wrestling tops all of them. Frank Mir looked unprepared for this fight. It seems as if he invited Brock to take him down... which was a bad idea. He must not have realized that Brock's ground-and-pound was very much improved since they last fought. I kind of feel bad for Frank Mir, but then again... he was also overconfident.

I just want to see a Fedor vs. Brock Lesnar fight as soon as possible before one of them loses.

Brock Lesnar is the s***. I like his character. He's a good villain. And I think wrestling is the most important grappling style in MMA. Unless you have VERY good BJJ, I think wrestling tops all of them. Frank Mir looked unprepared for this fight. It seems as if he invited Brock to take him down... which was a bad idea. He must not have realized that Brock's ground-and-pound was very much improved since they last fought. I kind of feel bad for Frank Mir, but then again... he was also overconfident.

I just want to see a Fedor vs. Brock Lesnar fight as soon as possible before one of them loses.

I sure didn't like that he was giving the finger to the crowd last night or whining about Bud not paying him, but I was impressed with the way he controlled Mir in this fight. I think that Fedor would whip Brock.

I sure didn't like that he was giving the finger to the crowd last night or whining about Bud not paying him, but I was impressed with the way he controlled Mir in this fight. I think that Fedor would whip Brock.

That makes the two of us. However, it'd still be a fight worth watching.

And how about that incredible knockout by Dan Henderson? That was big time impressive!! I'd sure love to see a Silva GSP fight but I doubt we'll ever get to see that.

Why do you say that? Dana has said that he would be willing to put on that fight if GSP got past Alves and if The spider gets past Forrest Griffen.

Why do you say that? Dana has said that he would be willing to put on that fight if GSP got past Alves and if The spider gets past Forrest Griffen.

Because of what GSP said in the post-fight interview when he was asked about it by Joe Rogan and he said that it was a timing thing and that he'd have to put on the weight and I'd imagine be comfortable fighting at that weight. I'm sure Dana White and Silva would love it, but unless it's a catch weight thing I'd have a hard time believing that GSP will be able to put on the weight with the way he kind of dodged the question.

• Premium Member

I think Lesnar just proved a point. Given training, a strong wrestler will win in MMA all the time. It was the same point that Coleman proved and that Severn could have proven. I loved the dominance of Royce Gracie. However, he was only dominant because Brazilian Jujitsu was something that nobody really knew. So all of the locks and Chokes were something unknown. However, once you got guys who fingered out the chokes and were good wrestlers, they were able to dominate. The sport was unkind to Coleman. He fought in those 20-30 minute matches with no break. Nobody can really wrestle that long. Lesnar is another strong wrestler who can dominate the sport and timing wise, he's here at the right time. IN the match against Mir, Lesnar toyed with him. After the first few minutes of the first round, it was over. He realized that he could get chest to chest. Get him in an old fashion headlock and beat the hell out of him. When you're talking about somebody as strong as Lesnar, there's no defense for that. The only recorvery that there could have been for Mir is to have caught him with a punch while they were standing. Even then, Lesnar just swatted his punches. IN the beginning of the second, Lesnar showed him how easily he could shoot and get him on the ground.. But let him up. He let him up because it was his tactic to corner him and to force him to the ground. That will be Lesnar M.O. (IMO). He will corner guys and use his strength for force them to the ground. It makes no sense for Lesnar to shot anybody when he can use the ring as his ally. I've never seen a 20 pound difference look so dominate.

I think Lesnar is trying to force Fedor to fight. I think Lesnar's villian role really makes you wonder if the outcome was predetermined?

However, I would like to see Lesnar Fedor. IF Lesnar could get past Fedor's punching, then on the ground, Fedor might have some trouble.

GSP is very good. I don't know if he could beat Silva. I have questions about him beating Penn. If you dry them off before the match, Penn may be able to beat him.

Because of what GSP said in the post-fight interview when he was asked about it by Joe Rogan and he said that it was a timing thing and that he'd have to put on the weight and I'd imagine be comfortable fighting at that weight. I'm sure Dana White and Silva would love it, but unless it's a catch weight thing I'd have a hard time believing that GSP will be able to put on the weight with the way he kind of dodged the question.

Well I couldn't hear the interview since I watched it at hooters, but the weight issue is a cop out IMO. GSP probably steps in the ring at or near 180lbs. Anderson has fought at 174lbs when he participated in "Rumble on the Rock" years ago. They could meet at 175lbs for a catchweight bout.

Yeah, I was like 'HOLY s***' at 4AM when I watched it...

15my0qp.gif

Demarques Johnson probably jumped for joy when Bisping got Ko'ed. Bisping & Johnson didn't not get along on the TUF show this past season.

Well I couldn't hear the interview since I watched it at hooters, but the weight issue is a cop out IMO. GSP probably steps in the ring at or near 180lbs. Anderson has fought at 174lbs when he participated in "Rumble on the Rock" years ago. They could meet at 175lbs for a catchweight bout.

I agree that it's a cop out as well. That's why I was saying I thought he was hemming and hawing around the question saying that it's a timing problem with his weight and what not since he's not a guy that likes to add or cut too much weight because he wants to have a long career. I'm sure that Silva could come down in weight but he would probably have a big size advantage on him the day of the fight. I think that would be the fight of fights though for the UFC if they could ever make it happen.

Everyone in UFC bashes Lesnar for his pro background, however Lesnar did win the 2000 NCAA wrestling championship and finished 2nd in 1999, so he has credentials behind him.

I don't see what he did as being that bad. That is who he is from WWE. Not to mention how pumped he was he beat but Mir after the first fight when the ref ignored him tapping.

Everyone in UFC bashes Lesnar for his pro background, however Lesnar did win the 2000 NCAA wrestling championship and finished 2nd in 1999, so he has credentials behind him.

I don't see what he did as being that bad. That is who he is from WWE. Not to mention how pumped he was he beat but Mir after the first fight when the ref ignored him tapping.

The UFC is not the WWE. You don't flip off the fans unless you want to be known like TO or Ocho Stinko are in football as being douches.

I definitely don't fault him, in fact I applaud him, for going from fake wrestling in the WWE to real fighting. I'm sure he took a large pay cut to do so as well.