• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is a healthy Sean May worth a look?

capstone21

• Admin

The kid is talented. He is a good rebounder and has a really good post game. His career has really been hampered by injuries. There was a time when he was healthy and was putting up some really nice numbers in Charlotte. If he is healthy, is he worth a look for a backup bigman?

No, we don't have the luxury of taking chances on injured players IMO and this kid is an injury waiting to happen. He seems like a nice guy and he has some talent but I'd rather use the 6 million that we have available under the tax to bring in guys without major question marks, especially injury questions.

If it weren't for the luxury tax then I'd say yes, but at a minimum contract though.

as a backup PF, definitely i would give him a chance.....i know he has had injuries but the past doesnt necessarily mean the future...plus as a backup, he won't have as much wear and tear...i wouldn't give him the sun and the moon but as a backukp PF i think he'd be great on a 2 or 3 year term....i read the other day he said he feels better than he has in 3 or 4 years...and he hasnt quite fullfilled his potential yet....

• Admin

as a backup PF, definitely i would give him a chance.....i know he has had injuries but the past doesnt necessarily mean the future...plus as a backup, he won't have as much wear and tear...i wouldn't give him the sun and the moon but as a backukp PF i think he'd be great on a 2 or 3 year term....i read the other day he said he feels better than he has in 3 or 4 years...and he hasnt quite fullfilled his potential yet....

I was definitely referring to a very small contract. He would have to prove that he can stay healthy to earn bigger money.

He always seemed like a taller version of Lonny Baxter to me. I don't think he is suited for the NBA. Even when he was healthy his conditioning was awful and he seemed to get tired after 4-5 minutes of play.

A minimum contract wouldn't bother me, but anything above that would.

His conditioning issues and injury issues are one and the same. He's a guy that will put in the work to stay in shape, but when injured the weight piles on fast.

For the right price he's worth a shot, but it could take him a while to get into game shape. One thing's for sure: He can score in the post. Also extremely high bb iq.

The kid is talented. He is a good rebounder and has a really good post game. His career has really been hampered by injuries. There was a time when he was healthy and was putting up some really nice numbers in Charlotte. If he is healthy, is he worth a look for a backup bigman?

I'd just as soon give him one of our minimum level slots as Hunter, Gardner, Morris or Solo.

the instant you give sean may any money, he immediately spends it all on food, and then he gets fat, and then he gets injured.

Funny as hell and still laughing! If he ever matured he could be a great cheap addition...problem is "if" and "ever"

SeanMay = injury prone Shelden Williams.