• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So why haven't we signed a "big" yet?

Blunt91

We picked up extra cash last wednesday and yet 5 days later we still haven't sigend anyone. Things were rolling right along for the Hawks, now it seems that tranasctions have slowed down considerably.

Edited by Blunt91

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right, it's been kind of silent... However, I've got the feeling that Sund has something up his sleeve! I'm sure he wants to deal with Marvin first and then sign another big... Remember, he said in an interview that he'll attempt to build a winning ball-club within the cap, like Spurs and Pistons...

P.S. I just hope it won't be too late... or who knows, maybe he'll try to work out a trade for a big!

• Premium Member

What if the plan is a S&T involving Marv? I'm not saying that's something I'd like to see, but I originally thought that Sund and Marv's camp weren't that far off on negotiations but now everything seems 'dead' on that front. Maybe we've decided to go a different route to get a big man than just FA?

• Admin

There were, anyway. The list is getting a lot smaller.

We don't need a star, we just need a good role player who will play 10 - 15 minutes and there are still a lot of those guys left. Throw in that we also have Zaza and I am not worried.

Grab Joe Smith and Rasho Nesteravic and we are GOLDEN.

We don't need a star, we just need a good role player who will play 10 - 15 minutes and there are still a lot of those guys left. Throw in that we also have Zaza and I am not worried.

Grab Joe Smith and Rasho Nesteravic and we are GOLDEN.

I understand that we don't need a star. That doesn't change the fact that a lot of non-star big men have been signed and now Ben Wallace is supposedly talking to the Pistons. From everything coming out of Sekou's blog, I'm afraid they mean some minicamp scrub when they talk about adding a big man to the roster. Hope I'm wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me.

• Admin

I understand that we don't need a star. That doesn't change the fact that a lot of non-star big men have been signed and now Ben Wallace is supposedly talking to the Pistons. From everything coming out of Sekou's blog, I'm afraid they mean some minicamp scrub when they talk about adding a big man to the roster. Hope I'm wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I hope if we take a big man out of this camp it is at the expense of Morris. I think he is never going to be anything more then a 12th man. I wish we went after Kwame last year instead of him.

I hope if we take a big man out of this camp it is at the expense of Morris. I think he is never going to be anything more then a 12th man. I wish we went after Kwame last year instead of him.

Morris has a guaranteed deal doesn't he? I think it's a forgone conclusion that he'll be back.

Would not suprise me either. I think our mangement and Woody for that matter sees Horford and ZaZa as a solid one two punch at center. Would like to get Ike or someone in who can help with scoring at the 5. To me this is the real issue in our post game...our two best bigs average less that 18 ppg combined.

• Admin

Would not suprise me either. I think our mangement and Woody for that matter sees Horford and ZaZa as a solid one two punch at center. Would like to get Ike or someone in who can help with scoring at the 5. To me this is the real issue in our post game...our two best bigs average less that 18 ppg combined.

that does not concern me if the offense is coming from somewhere else. Just as long as they are rebounding, doing the little things and playing d I am happy.