• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin = The master of falling short!

Diesel

• Premium Member

According to those numbers that you created Marvin slightly underachieved in points (we're talking 1 FG difference per game here) and was pretty much on the level with everything else.

You know... maybe 4 buckets, 2 assists and 2 rebs per game and Joe is better than Lebron James. He should have gotten more MVP talk!!!

So you've made this mountain out of one quote?

Alright... Erase that quote. The rest are valid... or did you not want to share that part? You're doing a lot of misleading yourself.

lol

"I agree the raw numbers are attainable (pts, rbs, asts) " -atlsportsfan

Now the real quote.

I agree the raw numbers are attainable (pts, rbs, asts) but I would expect a slightly lower fg% (around 44.5) and 3pt % (around 29-30).

Damn man seriously do you ever get tired of the same Sh*t all the time? You got to have some kind of mental health problem. Same old sh*t everyday. What are you trying to accomplish? Do making these Marvin threads give you a boner or something?

We know how you feel for the 1000000th time!!!

Edited by Wurider05

You know... maybe 4 buckets, 2 assists and 2 rebs per game and Joe is better than Lebron James. He should have gotten more MVP talk!!!

What a ridiculous statement. So using Diesel math 1 FG (2pts) is equal to 4 FGs (8pts), 2 rebounds, and 2 assists? If you consider 2 points being the deciding factor for whether someone succeeded or failed in a season then we really have nothing more to discuss here as you are completely irrational.

I don't know why some of you are bitching about Diesel. All he is doing is bringing up a legitimate topic that was discussed last offseason. Its no different than when other people make a claim, then go back and bring up the post to show their claim ended up being correct.

Diesel is right though, Marvin fell short of the numbers that were basically a consensus from last summer. If it were the opposite result that Marvin exceeded expectations then I am sure someone else would have brought this thread up.

1. Because he dug up a Marvin thread when any number of other topics could have been brought up. Throw in the fact that he clearly dislikes (perhaps hates) Marvin and that makes it look worse.

2. Because 90% of his posts are about bashing Marvin and that's tiresome.

3. The big reason why there are complaints in this thread is because he was disingenuous with his creative quoting to try and make his point. Had he used the full quotes it would have made his point seem a lot less agenda-driven.

So you can dig up any thread you want on the site so long as its not a Marvin specific thread? Sounds a little biased there.

If one doesn't like what he has to say just ignore him, its not like he is spamming Homecourt. He starts a thread, it gets responses and he replies. It results in an active board. If he has created multiple Marvin threads that resulted in less than 5 responses then I might complain about Diesel. But he is creating discussion, just because you may not like what he has to say is no reason for posters to start bitching about Diesel. Currently I see 2 threads in Homecourt on the first page that have been started by Diesel, one of which pertains to Marvin. I may not agree with D, but he is certainly creating discussion on the board and that is better than the alternative of a boring board.

No, it's the fact that Diesel brought up a Marvin thread when people are tired of Diesel complaining about Marvin in 90% of his posts. And I'm not saying that Diesel can't bring up a Marvin thread I'm just telling you why it makes people automatically get annoyed by it.

I agree with you, might as well ignore him. I wouldn't have said anything in this thread if he hadn't quoted me. And I feel like you're mentioning this because of the "Ban Diesel ...." thread and I'm quite confident that was tongue in cheek and nobody here wants to see Diesel censored no matter how exhausting his hatred can be. And finally yes this board is better with Diesel than it is without, although I would say that about almost all of our members as well.

No, my original post was made before that thread began. I also have Exodus on ignore so I don't know what was said about Diesel in the thread or the intent behind the thread.

There wasn't a specific post that caused my response, it was a collection of posts and responses towards Diesel from other members. I would say at least 10 members are the collective reason why I responded, where they would go out of their way to insult him instead of responding to him. I wouldn't want to single out any members so thats why I am not going to quote anyone, but its been posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the subject. I know Diesel doesn't need someone to "stick up" for him or whatever you want to call it, and thats not what I'm doing. I am just sick of reading a thread where its just constant bitching about Diesel even though he is facilitating healthy discussion.

Sorry, this post is definitely off-topic now so I'll stop with responses in this thread that don't have to do with Marvin.

That makes more sense now that I know you have Exodus on ignore.

Yes we are way off topic and I do agree that people shouldn't be attacking Diesel they should be attacking the post and that's the problem that I have in this thread where Diesel was sneaky with his quoting of me and other posters.

Yall killin me :lol6: with the obsession dude does seem to hate on Marvin a lot But... LIke any fan he wants players to bring the best in there game to the table to get more W's. Marvin is talented.(maybe our 2nd best mid range shooter and third best 3 pt threat ) But i want to see more from him. He should be the second option but lacks the mentality to take over so we at times are left with josh ingill advised jumpers when those shots would be Marvin's if he could turn on agression more frequently

• Premium Member

No, it's the fact that Diesel brought up a Marvin thread when people are tired of Diesel complaining about Marvin in 90% of his posts.

So you're saying if I was logged in as qwerty yuiop then it would be OK for me to "complain about Marvin" or to bring up this point?

In the last 2 weeks, I have started 2 threads about Marvin.

Each time I mention his name, it is followed by bitching. So it's OK for others to b*tch about Marvin, but I can't or I should be shunned or (if Ex had his way) Banned for talking about Marvin?

BIAS-NESS

page0_blog_entry40_40.jpg

I live in Md now and one day at the gym i saw a guy wearing a Bias Celtics jersey. I wonder how many of those are around.

Is there a small forward in the NBA that wouldn't "fall short" in at least one of these categories?

•17.0 PPG

•6.3 RPG

•2.5 APG

•47.9 FG%

•0.364 3PT%

Edited by exodus

So you're saying if I was logged in as qwerty yuiop then it would be OK for me to "complain about Marvin" or to bring up this point?

In the last 2 weeks, I have started 2 threads about Marvin.

Each time I mention his name, it is followed by bitching. So it's OK for others to b*tch about Marvin, but I can't or I should be shunned or (if Ex had his way) Banned for talking about Marvin?

BIAS-NESS

And why do you think that is Diesel? Do you think it's because people don't like you? Nah I don't think that's it. Or do you think it's because you have given people the impression that you hate Marvin and we expect every post in which you mention him to be a thread about how awful he is or about how you'd trade him for so and so. So complain all you want but you bring it on yourself with your repetitive Marvin bashing.

• Premium Member

And why do you think that is Diesel? Do you think it's because people don't like you? Nah I don't think that's it. Or do you think it's because you have given people the impression that you hate Marvin and we expect every post in which you mention him to be a thread about how awful he is or about how you'd trade him for so and so. So complain all you want but you bring it on yourself with your repetitive Marvin bashing.

No complaints. Except when "mods" get involved in name calling and such.

I've been in the minority and 100% right before.

No complaints. Except when "mods" get involved in name calling and such.

I've been in the minority and 100% right before.

The mods should not get into name calling and such with you, just as I ask that you not get into that with them either.

What does this have to do with being in the minority? This has everything to do with you being repetitive and predictable. I have no problem with the fact that you believe Marvin scoring 2 points less than your utopian idea for his successful season is ridiculous but you're certainly entitled to hold onto that tightly.

That's really a legitimate opinion, although one could argue why that lineup wouldn't work. I get what you're trying to say, and I think I got a better example.

Here When I saw the 2nd option in that poll, I just shook my head.

That's really a legitimate opinion, although one could argue why that lineup wouldn't work. I get what you're trying to say, and I think I got a better example.

Here When I saw the 2nd option in that poll, I just shook my head.

I don't even care what the opinion is. It had nothing to do with what I said. He just randomly throws something about Marvin sucking in response to me saying Smith isn't a 3.

I don't even care what the opinion is. It had nothing to do with what I said. He just randomly throws something about Marvin sucking in response to me saying Smith isn't a 3.

I misread what you had said, my bad. I looked at the second post in the thread, instead of Diesel's second post.

• Premium Member

Diesel's second post in this thread is a great example of how annoying he can be:

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index.php?showtopic=338274

I think you're very Marvin sensitive Floyd. My first and second post are about the fact that I believe (unlike you) that Joe's best position is Sf. IF Marvin is signed, I still believe this. If Marvin goes to Portland I still believe this. My basis for this belief is what we saw when Joe played Sf and Flip played SG. Now we just traded for a SG prospect better than Flip. Crawford is a better natural scorer than Flip. Taller than FLip. Puts up more points than Flip. Has been at considered as a guy who could compete to be on the allstar team in the west.. Your Marvin sensitivity makes you think this is about Marvin. This is not about Marvin directly, this is answering the question, what's our best lineup.

You said it would pain you to see Joe at Sf. I said Joe played Sf for 1/4 of the year last year and he did a good job. Where was the pain?

You can be annoyed.

You can be afflicted.

You can be whatever you want to be.

However, right now, you look a tad bit too Sensitive.

Edited by Diesel