• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is is possible that we may get ~Joe Smith~Hakim~Siler?

JTB

I guess. I'm no expert, but I just thought while neither of them are really want we need, Joe Smith is more of an inside force than Warrick. Warrick seems like a 3 to me.

Hak practically is a 3 with the inability to defend either 3s or 4s. The guy is 27 or so, so I say at this point in his career he is what he is, he's not going to put on 20 pounds of muscle, learn defense or how to rebound. Despite his athleticism, athleticism does not equal blocked shots. Shot blocking is more about anticipation and timing rather than just pure hops.

So yea Joe Smith makes far more sense to us even though he won't wow you either he'd atleast do it guarding 4s and 5s.

I guess. I'm no expert, but I just thought while neither of them are really want we need, Joe Smith is more of an inside force than Warrick. Warrick seems like a 3 to me.

You probably see him as a SF because he is skinny but he doesn't have the game of a SF at all. He's just a skinny PF but he's extremely long and a great leaper. He's far from a great player but he's an ideal backup at PF.

Hakim is 6'9 and 220 while Joe Smith is 6'10 and 225. Defensively, the only thing that Joe Smith is better than Hakim is taking charges. They both struggle guarding PF's because of their size. I see more potential in Hakim because he is younger, his wingspan, and the Grizz weren't considered a great overall defensive team even with him not playing. Joe Smith is declining while Hakim is improving. I rather get Hakim.

Edited by GameTime

• Premium Member

If I get a vote, Smith gets the decided edge here, based on his all-around game in comparison to Warrick's apparent (I say apparent, because I've mostly read about him, not watched him play) offense-only game... and maybe most importantly, the veteran maturity he adds to a frontcourt that has none.

Edited by sturt

Joe Smith- I think he's a one year rental for a potential championship team and we aren't quite there.

Hak- He's skinny but so are KG and Tayshaun. Ideally, we need more of a banger at the b/u 4 but he might be the best value on the market. Besides, we could finally see BK's dream lineup of 6'9" tweeners.

Siler- seems to be a no-brainer. He's like buying a lottery ticket. If Gortat can sign a $7M per year deal, he's worth taking on at league minimum.

From the Chronicle?

In other Cavaliers-related news, veteran power forward Joe Smith was reportedly in Atlanta talking with Hawks officials, while Ben Wallace is rumored to be getting some interest from Detroit, the team with which he was four-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year.

There’s a chance Smith, who was signed by the Cavaliers last season after he was bought out of his contract by Oklahoma City, could return to Cleveland if he doesn’t get a better offer elsewhere.

Wallace was traded to Phoenix as part of the deal that brought O’Neal to Cleveland. The Suns subsequently bought out the final year of Wallace’s contract, which would have paid him $14 million. Like Smith, he is now an unrestricted free agent.

I'd take Smith. Warrick can't do anything else than dunking. Smith can do everything else plus he could teach some things Al and Josh.

Wallace is not even a shadow of himself.

Edited by tremor

I don't want Smith. He is getting old and his game is far from what it used to be. Warrick is young, explosive, and good option for a backup PF. I would give him a 3 yr deal but I would try and settle the Marvin deal first. I am all for Siler as well. I don't understand why we don't give him an offer.