• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is is possible that we may get ~Joe Smith~Hakim~Siler?

JTB

Im not a genius at this but this seem like great oppurtunity for us to grab 3 unique players and make our front court better. Im sure joe smith is going to cost us the most but I dont expect hakim to make 5m or siler to make 3m. So is it possible that we can sign all three giving them the same amount on their contract as their current team? Its not like they make that much or am i looking at this all wrong?

SPEAK TO ME ATL

Im not a genius at this but this seem like great oppurtunity for us to grab 3 unique players and make our front court better. Im sure joe smith is going to cost us the most but I dont expect hakim to make 5m or siler to make 3m. So is it possible that we can sign all three giving them the same amount on their contract as their current team? Its not like they make that much or am i looking at this all wrong?

SPEAK TO ME ATL

Who is Hakim?

Hakim Warrick is a skinny Josh Smith.

What?? They are nothing alike. Warrick plays in the post and he's very solid in there offensively and he won't range out to the 3pt line all the time but he's nowhere near Josh Smith defensively. Other than being extremely gifted leapers I really don't see the comparison.

Being a 'Cuse fan though I've been hoping to get Hack on our team for years though and I'd spend equal dollars on him before I spent them on Joe Smith all day long.

What?? They are nothing alike. Warrick plays in the post and he's very solid in there offensively and he won't range out to the 3pt line all the time but he's nowhere near Josh Smith defensively. Other than being extremely gifted leapers I really don't see the comparison.

Being a 'Cuse fan though I've been hoping to get Hack on our team for years though and I'd spend equal dollars on him before I spent them on Joe Smith all day long.

Both can jump, dunk, and block shots.

Neither one can shoot. Hakim Plays within himself.

Hakim and shot blocker do not belong in the same sentence. For his career he has 118 blocks in 307 games. Josh Smith on the other hand has 897 blocks in 376 games.

Hakim has a very respectable short/mid-range game. Josh Smith is among the worst in the NBA at the mid-range game.

But yeah both can jump and dunk.

Which makes him nothing like Smoove!!!!!! Like Dolfan said he has a much better offensive game down low than smoove and he actually uses it!!!! I would love to have him on the team!!!!

Hak couldn't block a shot to save his life despite his leaping ability but he is a more consistent midrange jumpshooter than Smoove. Not saying much when you consider Smoove put up one of the worst fg% on 2point jumpshots last season but he beats out Hack on rebounding.

• Like 1

is he available or something? he would be an excellent backup PF to josh...we would play much of the same game, consistency when hes out there....he could probably learn a couple things from josh on blocking shots because he has that type of athleticism...if we signed those three guys it would be great...not gonna happen.

is he available or something? he would be an excellent backup PF to josh...we would play much of the same game, consistency when hes out there....he could probably learn a couple things from josh on blocking shots because he has that type of athleticism...if we signed those three guys it would be great...not gonna happen.

Yeah the Grizz just rescinded their offer to him and may renounce him outright in order to apparently make room to overpay AI.

• Premium Member

Answering the original question... you tell me...

...if you're Joe Smith, are you interested in fighting for playing time with Warrick?

...if you're Warrick, are you interested in fighting for playing time with Smith?

....if you're ASG, are you interested in paying competitive (iie, substantial) dollars to the 3rd string guy at the PF or C position?

Siler is a little different b/c he's not likely to attract big dollars relatively speaking.

But whoever sits behind the back-up PF and ZaZa is not likely to be someone who played substantial minutes in 08-09.

Edited by sturt

Really? I don't get it.

They're very similar players and even though Joe Smith is probably a little better Warrick is MUCH younger and you can probably get him to sign a 3 year contract whereas you might only get a year out of Joe Smith.

They're very similar players and even though Joe Smith is probably a little better Warrick is MUCH younger and you can probably get him to sign a 3 year contract whereas you might only get a year out of Joe Smith.

I guess. I'm no expert, but I just thought while neither of them are really want we need, Joe Smith is more of an inside force than Warrick. Warrick seems like a 3 to me.