• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

State of the Franchise

gsuteke

Put up a poll to determine whether Hotlanta is a hater or a supporter?

It's obvious based on the fact that he comes here every day to post that he is a supporter of the Hawks. It may be negative support the majority of the time but it's still support and I don't think that makes him a hater, just negative.

If you say so...

If you say so...

Do you not see the question mark at the end denoting that it was a question and not a statement?

I deleted your poll because it has no business on this site. Please do not create something like that again.

If you have a problem with Hotlanta then take it up with him via PM. If you have a problem with me or any of the mods then take it up with us via PM.

Do you not see the question mark at the end denoting that it was a question and not a statement?

I deleted your poll because it has no business on this site. Please do not create something like that again.

If you have a problem with Hotlanta then take it up with him via PM. If you have a problem with me or any of the mods then take it up with us via PM.

I wasn't saying that he was the only one... You are the one that mentioned him in particular...

If you want to be taken seriously on this site I suggest you start posting with a more even tempered point of view.

First of all no player on the Hawks has reached his NBA Prime in respect to age outside of Joe who is just entering it and Bibby. This team is growing from within on a year to year basis as their improvement in the Win/Loss column year over year over year proves.

Secondly what contender isn't capped out? Only 3 or 4 teams every year have the cap room to sign a difference making player, i.e. a "Max Contract" guy like Bosh or LBJ. Coincidentally teams like Memphis are in that category every year and they're not spending money. Therefore your argument about the Hawks and their cap space is extremely disingenuous.

Like somebody said over at RealGM ............... dude get ahold of yourself. RealGM is a group of stupid basketball homers. That's why the members of HS post here and not there. Why in the world would this site be more popular and more importantly posted on than RealGM when you consider it's broad perspective in the basketball forum world?

You can't explain it because Hawksquawk rules and RealGM sucks. Even having said that Bulls posters were correcting the Hawks Haters left and right in that thread.

Should I be suprised that you ignored those posts?

Third does anyone here think an injury depleted Hawks team wouldn't have taken care of the Bulls? Seriously, Dwayne Wade is good enough to win a series all on his own.

My suggestion to you Hotlanta is to find a team you like. When you find that team post on their board.

I encourage all Atlanta Hawks fans to post here and post often. If you don't like the team perhaps this isnt' the place for you. There are many options out there, find the one that best fits you.

hmmm...

I think the teams goal should be 50 wins. Barring significant injuries, anything less could be seen as a sign of stagnation.

I think the key to any improvement lies in the frontcourt, at least one of Smith, Williams and Horford needs to take the next step. They are all still young but have sufficient NBA experience that the age excuses are wearing thin.

I agree EDS...we are not a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players out there running around anymore. Our front line may be young; but other than maybe Horf, we cannot be considered inexperienced anymore.

I look for 45 to 50 wins...4th or 5th seed once again. I think our team improves overall; but may not reflect this in the seeding with the improvements the east has made this year...

So we seed higher than the Bulls, we get into the second round and we beat the bulls every time we played them and somehow we are not better than them?

If that's the Bulls RealGM forum they start turning against the orginal poster starting page 2

That thread didn't go the way the original poster intended it to. More posters had positive to say than negative about the Hawks.

Edited by gsuteke

46 wins, 5th spot, 1st round exit.

Already better teams got even stronger which means they're out of reach and Bulls, Raptors, or Heat will take away 4th place in the East.

I'm afraid Crawford as a 6th man won't work. Teague is an upgrade though, hopefully he'll see some minutes..

The Hawks are a good team but if they are going to be legit title contenders they will need more than one All-Star, and they will need the All-Star they have to be more consistent.

I agree...they will need an all-star who wants to be a leader unlike your avg joe

46 wins, 5th spot, 1st round exit.

Already better teams got even stronger which means they're out of reach and Bulls, Raptors, or Heat will take away 4th place in the East.

I'm afraid Crawford as a 6th man won't work. Teague is an upgrade though, hopefully he'll see some minutes..

And I agree with statements like these...I think the hawks will make the playoffs pretty easily but will have a fight for that 4th seed and 1st round in playoffs. Bulls, Raptors, and Heat each have a player the Hawks don't have. A player who can score at will and stay consistent