• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My take on the Hawks Center Position

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

Zaza is the only center with legitimate "center type" size on the team. That's why the Hawks re-signed him. He'll at least body up on people with that size. That's the only appeal that Siler presents to me . . . his size, not his ability.

You do have to consider Siler's skill level. Morris has size too, but his skill level is not so great. That's why I think we should get a guy like Petro also. I think Petro has a lot of experience, he's 7'0 250. He will be able to play the position because he was a starter. However, he's not a great player... he's just a better project than Morris. Now if Siler could come in and be dominate with our starters, then I say what the hey.. let's sign this guy.

You do have to consider Siler's skill level. Morris has size too, but his skill level is not so great. That's why I think we should get a guy like Petro also. I think Petro has a lot of experience, he's 7'0 250. He will be able to play the position because he was a starter. However, he's not a great player... he's just a better project than Morris. Now if Siler could come in and be dominate with our starters, then I say what the hey.. let's sign this guy.

Now we know he's not going to dominate our starters D, but hopefully he can come in and be a guy who actually uses his size and makes it known to everyone on the court that there is a big man on the court! Thats all I'm looking for out of him

Someone on Human Highlight blog mentioned how Morris conveys his lack of passion in the photo when he was signed. Looked like the lights were on but no one was home. No emotion at all in the expression.

Think that Siler is very different and that is good to see.

When you say a statement like that, you have to give a basis. On what basis? Certainly not offense. Craw is another one of those guys who can create for himself. That means that Joe will not have to carry the offense as much when Craw is on the floor.

You have to admit Joe did a very good Job of playing Sf last season. Did we even notice that Marvin wasn't playing? I say no because we went on a win streak. But more important than wins and losses, our defense was better with Joe at Sf.

So please, share some basis for that statement.

Back to the Center. I don't think we have had a good look at Al playing PF. What I mean is that you shouldn't play Al next to Zaza then play Al next to Smoove and Say.. yep, he's a C. Let's try to get a real C in here and let AL play next to him to make that determination.

The problem with the Hawks is Josh Smith and Al Horford. Smith is not a prototypical power foward. In my opinion, the Hawks should of made a decision to keep either Horford or Smith. They do not compliment one another well at all. They can go with an athletic guys like a Bosh or Amare at center if they keep Horford, but Smith needs to play with a defensive center that can push people around.

FYI

Sixers close to signing Brezec?

TEXT SIZE By: Tom Moore

A source close to the situation said talks are "advancing" with the Sixers and Slovenia journeyman Primoz Brezec, but no deal is imminent.

The 7-foot-1 Brezec, who played in Italy last year, averaged 7.6 points and 4.1 rebounds in seven seasons with the Pacers, Bobcats, Pistons and Raptors. He has started 214 of 321 NBA games in which he's appeared.

Brezec, 29, would likely be paid the eighth-year minimum of $1,107,572.

The Sixers are in the market for a veteran backup center and Brezec -- along with Adonal Foyle, Chris Mihm and others -- is one of the players they've considered.

August 3, 2009 10:30 PM

• Moderators

In the last radio interview that Woody gave he said, and I'm paraphrasing, "that Crawford will be great for us off the bench" theres a thread on it here with a link to a transcript I believe, not sure but many squawkers heard him say it live and also transcribed it for us. This was also before Marvin was in the fold so apparently coach Woodson has the same idea of anyone who's actually watched Crawful play as to where he would be best suited.

That was the statement from Woodson I was referring to.