• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Five teams that could be headed for a fall

Frenzy

link

5. Atlanta Hawks (47-35)

This spot was reserved for a second Western Conference team (perhaps the Jazz or Hornets). But last year's gap between the top nine and the bottom six in the West makes two changes hard to fathom.

A more likely scenario is the Raptors and Wizards returning to the postseason, and either the Sixers or Pistons hanging on. In that case, either the Bulls or Hawks would have to slide out. Chicago lost Ben Gordon, but will be getting Luol Deng back from injury and will have Derrick Rose with a year of experience under his belt. Further, the experience of taking the Celtics to seven games should help them like it did the Hawks a year earlier.

Atlanta could be set for a letdown. They clearly improved last season, but just aren't ready to take the next step. The addition of Jamal Crawford (who has never made the Playoffs in nine seasons, by the way) could make things easier on Joe Johnson, or it could create a chemistry problem. And they're still playing Al Horford at center.

This is what I think of reporters dissing the Hawks....

FAIL

Why must they keep dissing us?

Edited by Robdawg

John Salmons did average 18 points but hes never been the #1 option on a team . He played behind K-Mart and then Ben Gordon and now he has no one to play behind .If Salmons and Deng are supposed to carry them offensively they are in trouble .

It's a fact of life, the media will always diss the Hawks. Imn 1997 when we opened 11-0, the national media couldn't write one good thing about us or our great opening. Just pronouncements that it wouldn't last. Didn't expect them to proclaim we would go 82-0, but come on, give it up for 11-0. Geesh.

This doesn't bother me what so ever. The media never thinks Atlanta will do anything. I love proving these guys wrong every year! They just don't know what they are talking about! If our team has improved from last year and we were a 4 seed. How can we get that much worse of just basing that Crawford has never been in the playoffs and Al is still at center??

• Moderators

I just don't see how the Wizards are going anywhere. The Bulls i believe in but the Wizards? The Hawks are an easy pick to fall because lets face it no one can really figure out how we won 47 games last year. Bibby and JJ were the main scorers but they were streaky as hell. Smoove, Marvin, and Horford weren't really living up to anyones expectations and usually accused of playing out of position. Our bench was Flip, Mo, Zaza. Flip was the only scoring off the bench and he can't find a job in the nba.