• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Much talk about our backup BIGS but what about our backup SF?

JTB

We talk about whos going to be our backup BIG but I dont think we should ignore the fact that we dont have a legit backup SF.Dont get me wrong I do like Mo and what he brings to our team. He is somewhat of a solid player but there is one thing I have a problem with wit mo and its the fact that

he's playing out of postion (which he has nothing to do with)

-first off this man is shorter than a typical SF

-his defense is ok but it lacks when going against bigger size or taller size SF

-he's a true 2 guard

What need to be done about this situation:

-we simply need to just sign an legit SF that has a decent skill set similar to mo's atleast or better (Rodney Cardney comes to mind! not sure who else is in free agency)

-we could trade him for someone and snatch us a true SF from another team(I think mo can easily be traded since we now have crawford)

I think we should go after Rodney Carney. He's in the free agency and he's a decent player who can help this ballclub, but if we sign him or someone else to be the backup SF what happens to Mo?.......I say we trade Mo to find that BIG man we need so bad.

Your Thoughts?

It would be nice to get a 3 but it's not necessary. We have like you said Mo Evans backing Marvin up. We also have Josh Smith and Joe Johnson playing the 3, so it's not really needed. It would be nice to add more depth at that spot but it's no reason to spend too much money on it.

It would be nice to get a 3 but it's not necessary. We have like you said Mo Evans backing Marvin up. We also have Josh Smith and Joe Johnson playing the 3, so it's not really needed. It would be nice to add more depth at that spot but it's no reason to spend too much money on it.

I agree. The other option is to use Evans in a trade to get a swing guy with a little more height and length (and can hit an open 3).

I agree. The other option is to use Evans in a trade to get a swing guy with a little more height and length (and can hit an open 3).

The only problem is that Evans is one of the hardest guys to upgrade due to his salary. Either the salary doesn't match or Mo Evans is better than the guy. I would love to have a player like Mickael Pietrus but we can't match his contract. :(

The only problem is that Evans is one of the hardest guys to upgrade due to his salary. Either the salary doesn't match or Mo Evans is better than the guy. I would love to have a player like Mickael Pietrus but we can't match his contract. :(

I wanted Pietrus a Hawk since he was drafted!

I agree that Evans will be very hard to move, and I am not saying he should. But, if the Hawks are looking to do something else with the bu SF, then trading Evans seems like the better move than using valuable FA money on one.

JC at 2 and JJ at 3.

I've been saying that since the Crawford trade went down!!!

That would put Marvin on the bench as the 6th man, and still be allowed to play starter's minutes with a bigger role on the offensive end. I also would have liked to have brought Flip to really give our 2nd unit a strong 1-2 attack. Marvin could come off the bench and look for his shot and have more room to flourish without having to fall back because for the other starters to get shots. Throw in Mo and ZaZa's hustle, and Teague at wheel that unit could be very dangerous. AND A SOLID BENCH IS ALWAYS ONE OF THE KEY COMPONENTS OF TOP CONTENDERS!!!

Joe has proven for years that he can hold his own very well at SF on both ends. He has shown that he could guard the opponent's best offensive wing player when needed (including D-Wade, Kobe, and Lebron) better than Marvin and still put up 20-22ppg (half injured). And with Joe and Josh covering the opponents' strongest offensive players defensively, we could be able to have more speed on defense (providing more help for Bibby), spread the floor wider with JC/Joe/Bibby all being long range threats. That's rotation that I think could possibly even help us crack into the top 3 in the East. That's how I'm going to run with the Hawks on NBA 2K10 - LoL!!!

Edited by y2kenta

Joe is the "backup" 3 when Marvin is out. And Evans is just fine in limited minutes.

That is another reason why Joe burns out and can't stay on the bench longer that 2-3 minutes. If we let Marvin come off the bench with the green light as the go-to-guy in the 2nd unit, we could improve a ton without even making a trade or signing. I think Al, Josh, Joe, JC, and Bibby may be our best lineup and starting them would be a great experiment.

Edited by y2kenta

That is another reason why Joe burns out and can't stay on the bench longer that 2-3 minutes. If we let Marvin come off the bench with the green light as the go-to-guy in the 2nd unit, we could improve a ton without even making a trade or signing. I think Al, Josh, Joe, JC, and Bibby may be will be our best lineup and starting them would be a great experiment. the worst defensive and undersized starting 5 in the league.

Corrected

We talk about whos going to be our backup BIG but I dont think we should ignore the fact that we dont have a legit backup SF.Dont get me wrong I do like Mo and what he brings to our team. He is somewhat of a solid player but there is one thing I have a problem with wit mo and its the fact that

he's playing out of postion (which he has nothing to do with)

-first off this man is shorter than a typical SF

-his defense is ok but it lacks when going against bigger size or taller size SF

-he's a true 2 guard

What need to be done about this situation:

-we simply need to just sign an legit SF that has a decent skill set similar to mo's atleast or better (Rodney Cardney comes to mind! not sure who else is in free agency)

-we could trade him for someone and snatch us a true SF from another team(I think mo can easily be traded since we now have crawford)

I think we should go after Rodney Carney. He's in the free agency and he's a decent player who can help this ballclub, but if we sign him or someone else to be the backup SF what happens to Mo?.......I say we trade Mo to find that BIG man we need so bad.

Your Thoughts?

Carney is very athletic but may not be much bigger (if any) than Mo.

Regardless of who starts, the crunch time guys will be:

Bibs

Jamal

Joe

Josh

AL/Zaza