• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Favre to sign with Vikings today

gsuteke

I'm so so SO tired of this guy, i hate watching espn now because they are always talking about this guy! Just go away and let us sports fans move on and not have to deal with you AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

pending a physical

This guy is such a tird burglar

I'm glad he's playing. He's one of the most exciting players to ever step on a field. When they drafted a guy to replace him, I think he thought long and hard about quitting. Then, after making the decision, he wanted to come back and they told him he wasn't welcome. They told a guy who made hundreds of millions of dollars for them, and had just gone 13-3, that Ted Thompson had been playing Madden for a long time and this qb he had drafted was going to be awesome. He played last year, and was pretty good, all things considered. Now, with a defense and A.P., Favre can rewrite this ending. Never underestimate a man's love for a game or his hatred for another man. That's what this is all about. All this media ***** stuff is just not really true. Also, I question whether anyone questioning him, has ever played football for an extended time. I've missed football almost more than anything in my life. Once it's over, it's over. That's a tough reality to face. Even tougher for someone that talented. Really though, where do we get off telling him he's done and we don't want to watch him anymore? And why? Everyone likes to say they are tired of Brett, but I believe his first game against the Packers might be the highest rated football game in history.

The only thing that really bothered me about this besides ESPN was him ONLY wanting to come back and play for the Vikings and then says it's not about revenge....come on Brett it's obvious

As much as I hate Brett Favre, I think the Vikings are an excellent fit for him. That team could really compete. All their offense was missing was a good QB. I think revenge is just a part of the deal, but I think he thinks he could win another superbowl with that team. I wouldn't count it out either.

They told a guy who made hundreds of millions of dollars for them, and had just gone 13-3, that Ted Thompson had been playing Madden for a long time and this qb he had drafted was going to be awesome.

It's called "moving on." A franchise has to move forward eventually.

• Moderators

I don't mind Brett wanting to continue playing. It is the bull**** "will he or won't he" dance that he loves to pull and the tearful, fake retirement stuff he pulls for extra attention. If he just said, "I love the game too much to walk away and I will play for the Vikings if I am healthy" then I would be totally in his corner. However, he jerks his teams around by souring their relationships with other players (anyone see how pissed Rosenfels and Jackson were?) and limits their ability to plan for maximum success by playing these games with them.

Every move is covered extensively in the media and I am more than a little tired of watching this same song and dance unfold every offseason.

Favre is still good enough to play as long as he doesn't try to carry the team on his back so my objection is not that he is "done." It is that he has tarnished his reputation by being such a drama queen.