• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons question - Who's # 3 @ QB?

Gray Mule

:stirthepot:

Don't believe, after watching our saturday night, pre season game, there should be any question about who

ranks as #2 on the list of quarterbacks. We saw him lead the birds to victory.

Still to be answered, who is #3? Will the new kid from Alabama gain this position or will the old #3 from last

season be able to hold on to his position?

These two will be fighting for position in practice and in the next pre season game.

Also, there is a battle for position on the defense. Falcons are young, fast and inexperienced. Youth and speed

will overcome much of inexperience, but not all of it. These young men are having to grow up fast as NFL players

and until they do, things may be tough.

Still, there are many cuts to be made and decisions that will determine much of our season. Sure glad we have

some very good, experienced people to make these decisions.

GO FALCONS!!!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

:stirthepot:

Don't believe, after watching our saturday night, pre season game, there should be any question about who

ranks as #2 on the list of quarterbacks. We saw him lead the birds to victory.

Still to be answered, who is #3? Will the new kid from Alabama gain this position or will the old #3 from last

season be able to hold on to his position?

These two will be fighting for position in practice and in the next pre season game.

Also, there is a battle for position on the defense. Falcons are young, fast and inexperienced. Youth and speed

will overcome much of inexperience, but not all of it. These young men are having to grow up fast as NFL players

and until they do, things may be tough.

Still, there are many cuts to be made and decisions that will determine much of our season. Sure glad we have

some very good, experienced people to make these decisions.

GO FALCONS!!!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I think shockley will maintain his position as the number 3, or at least i hope he does. Our defense looks to be ok except for that secondary, I'm really hoping that somebody steps up in that unit. Front 7 look to be ok but we need help back there.

I dont feel comfortable AT ALL with Shockley back there. Mind you, I used to be one of his biggest supporters, but he scares me when he is back there. Overthrow, completion, interception, sack, scramble for a couple yards, a batted pass...hell, I feel they could all happen with equal chances when he is back there.

Shockley has proven to me that he certainly can't do it as a #2, and I don't think he is that good of a #3. I would rather take my chances with Wilson at this point.

Wow, it pains me to say that.

I read some where that John Parker Wilson would make about $1 mill less then DJ Shockley.

That may be the biggest deciding factor in who the 3rd string QB is..............ESPECIALLY if the comments from Dimitroff are true and we may sign a FA cornerback like Chris McCallister. The $1 mill we save for keeping Parker-Wilson over Shockley would go toward signing that veteran, first string, CB free which this team needs more then Shockey as 3rd string QB.

I'm a Bulldawg fan and love Shock but that is the reality of the situation I'm seeing right now.

I read some where that John Parker Wilson would make about $1 mill less then DJ Shockley.

That may be the biggest deciding factor in who the 3rd string QB is..............ESPECIALLY if the comments from Dimitroff are true and we may sign a FA cornerback like Chris McCallister. The $1 mill we save for keeping Parker-Wilson over Shockley would go toward signing that veteran, first string, CB free which this team needs more then Shockey as 3rd string QB.

I'm a Bulldawg fan and love Shock but that is the reality of the situation I'm seeing right now.

If Wilson is cheaper then i definately think we should keep him instead of Shock.

Makes a lot of sense.