• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just checked Hawks schedule

Gray Mule

:write a letter:

All the October games the Hawks play are at home. Great!

But, wait. They only play 2 regular season games in October.

Then, off to the west coast for 3 games, back to Charlotte for one, then hurry home to meet

Denver the next night before leaving home for 2 more games. Wow! Not much home cookin'

early in the season.

November. The one home game early in the month is the second game in a back to back.

Other than that one game, 6 on the road.

Will this year's version of the Hawks be road warriors? If not, ----- You know the answer to that.

This seaon's starting five? Same as last season's starting five. At least, that's what we expect.

Deeper, more experienced bench. No Speedy soaking up cap space. Veterans now willing to

come here for the vet minimum - - What a difference!

:line dance:

• Premium Member

I like how Sund talks about that and how it reflects the maturity of the club, wins on the road that is. And if he is right then we should post a significant number of road wins.

Being able to win on the road on a consistent basis is what truly separates the teams that make the playoffs and teams that are actually have a chance to WIN in the playoffs. We have mastered being able to win at home well enough to skate by with a bad road record but if we really want to push up we have to win on the road. I hope this is the season we finally start doing it. We haven't been capable of doing that since the Deke/Mookie/Smitty days.

:write a letter:

All the October games the Hawks play are at home. Great!

But, wait. They only play 2 regular season games in October.

Then, off to the west coast for 3 games, back to Charlotte for one, then hurry home to meet

Denver the next night before leaving home for 2 more games. Wow! Not much home cookin'

early in the season.

November. The one home game early in the month is the second game in a back to back.

Other than that one game, 6 on the road.

Will this year's version of the Hawks be road warriors? If not, ----- You know the answer to that.

This seaon's starting five? Same as last season's starting five. At least, that's what we expect.

Deeper, more experienced bench. No Speedy soaking up cap space. Veterans now willing to

come here for the vet minimum - - What a difference!

:line dance:

The NBA does this garbage every year. Same old song and dance.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Well, the more road games we have early on the less we have later in the season. I'm trying to think of what's better. Win a lot of games early on and then slump later or slump first and win more later. Hopefully we can just be a good road team this season and it won't matter where we play.

The last two seasons(playoff seasons) we needed a good start. It gave us enough confidence to finish the seasons strong or at least to clinch that playoff spot. Hopefully that confidence will stay with us regardless if we win or lose early.

The NBA always tries to screw us...every year since I can remember. They can do whatever they want, this, that...it won't matter because we are good enough to win at home and away. I say we go 21-20 on the road.