• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This Team Could Be Very Special

sillent

I remember year one or two of the Josh's rookie season where people spoke of Josh Childress being more of a player that was best suited for a playoff team (great complimentary player). Even last year I felt Childress would have been a great complimentary piece with flip, evans, pachulia, and solo. This would also be a solid bench with Acie, Hunter, Gardner and Morris also being able to come off the bench if needed.

Now we are even deeper!! Childress is an excellent complimentary player. If his role is to score he will find a way to score if it's defense, rebounding, etc same thing. I was watching the 2008 playoffs and reminiscing over seasons with Chill on them and he besides Joe, was one of the only players to fill his role on a consistent basis. Josh would be that extra guard/forward that could take the ball up the court(for those who still feel we need an extra point guard). Not saying he is one but he can handle those capabilities. For times when that extra length was needed he could be the player to play with Joe/Crawford ,Marvin, Josh Smith and Al Horford. For those that wish we had the someone to get the offensive rebound when Smith,Crawford,Bibby,Teague,Johnson, Marvin missed or took an ill advised shot.

For times when Marvin, Josh Smith, Johnson, Crawford, Bibby, Horford are on a scoring tear and just need a complimentary guy to be in the game with them(Because there are not enough balls to go around). Or on occasions where most of them are off there shot and need a complimentary player to make up for their mistakes.Basically any play where a player like Chills can come in handy for this team let's lobby for him. I've seen Chillz do some jaw dropping things along with Smoove and Marvin but the main thing that can be seen with Chills is his intangibles that he brings to the court every night.

I am lobbying for Childress now in hopes that next year everyone in the organization and Chills can have change of heart and work hard on making him apart of our team again for the following season. Every time we see a missed shot on the baseline that Chills could have got to or a hustle play that Chills could have been involved in this season let's lobby to get him back and help complete our puzzle. We are chills and a dominate big man(Center) away from being an elite team for years to come.

We may be able to get a big man in the draft but if we can get Chillz back

Bibby,Teague,Crawford,Childress/Johnson/West

Johnson,Crawford,Evans,West,Childress

Williams,Evans,Childress,Smoove,Johnson,West

Smoove,Smith,Horford,Pachulia/Rookie(big)

Horford,Pachulia,Collins,Smith,Morris/Rookie (big)

Whenever you can look at a line up where you can go 4 deep or do at least for different rotations you got a pretty deep team

The Team this year has the potential to do something very special and even if they are spectacular enough to win the whole thing this coming season they can still use a player like Chillz to upgrade for the next season. Mo Evans can not take the place of Chillz and Neither can the player I lobby for the most that is not(yet) a hawk(Gerald Green). Gerald Green would be an option after Chillz or if Joe were to leave at least the potential of greatness in his position will be there. Reguardless Chills is a number priority because of all the things he does that may or may not show up in the stats!!

AS OF NOW BETWEEN KNIGHT/SUND THEY HAVE NOT GIVEN US HAWKS FANS TOO MUCH MORE TO ASK FOR (BESIDES MAYBE A LAKERS/PAU TYPE TRADE (MAY HAVE ALREADY HAD A SIMILAR OCCURENCE WITH JAMAL CRAWFORD), DOMINANT REBOUND/DEFENSIVE CENTER,FLIP MURRAY BIG PART OF LAST YEAR TEAM'S HEART, JOSH CHILDRESS WHO CAN FILL MULTIPLE ROLES AND POSITIONS AND WOULD NOT HURT BUT INCREASE THE CHEMISTRY ON THE TEAM).

PLEASE!! PLEASE!! PLEASE!! HELP OUT IN THE LOBBY FOR CHILDRESS DURING THIS SEASON ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU NOTICE PARTICULAR PLAYS/GAMES THAT U FEEL CHILDRESS COULD HAVE HELPED US WIN/IN.

I think you missed the part where Chillz doesn't want to be a complimentary player.........

The real missed part:

Chillz salary = Zaza+ Collins+ Joe Smith + Mo Evans + Siler + (Stackhouse, I wish), and Hawks still have money left.

Remember, Collins+Joe Smith get most of their salaries paid by the NBA.

• Like 1

says who? he only wanted more money though.......

Your salary is usually representative of your role correct? So if bench role player money is on the table and you want more money then clearly you don't want to be considered or paid like a bench player but rather something greater than a bench role player no?

Besides how our team is composed everybody is a complimentary player at times even Joe(playoffs for example). So who says Chills want have times where he shines as well!!

This topic/post was mainly to inspire fans to actually watch and see what is needed for our team and if the main answer is Chillz lets lobby to get him back out there on our team.

Edited by sillent

I remember year one or two of the Josh's rookie season where people spoke of Josh Childress being more of a player that was best suited for a playoff team (great complimentary player). Even last year I felt Childress would have been a great complimentary piece with flip, evans, pachulia, and solo. This would also be a solid bench with Acie, Hunter, Gardner and Morris also being able to come off the bench if needed.

Now we are even deeper!! Childress is an excellent complimentary player. If his role is to score he will find a way to score if it's defense, rebounding, etc same thing. I was watching the 2008 playoffs and reminiscing over seasons with Chill on them and he besides Joe, was one of the only players to fill his role on a consistent basis. Josh would be that extra guard/forward that could take the ball up the court(for those who still feel we need an extra point guard). Not saying he is one but he can handle those capabilities. For times when that extra length was needed he could be the player to play with Joe/Crawford ,Marvin, Josh Smith and Al Horford. For those that wish we had the someone to get the offensive rebound when Smith,Crawford,Bibby,Teague,Johnson, Marvin missed or took an ill advised shot.

For times when Marvin, Josh Smith, Johnson, Crawford, Bibby, Horford are on a scoring tear and just need a complimentary guy to be in the game with them(Because there are not enough balls to go around). Or on occasions where most of them are off there shot and need a complimentary player to make up for their mistakes.Basically any play where a player like Chills can come in handy for this team let's lobby for him. I've seen Chillz do some jaw dropping things along with Smoove and Marvin but the main thing that can be seen with Chills is his intangibles that he brings to the court every night.

I am lobbying for Childress now in hopes that next year everyone in the organization and Chills can have change of heart and work hard on making him apart of our team again for the following season. Every time we see a missed shot on the baseline that Chills could have got to or a hustle play that Chills could have been involved in this season let's lobby to get him back and help complete our puzzle. We are chills and a dominate big man(Center) away from being an elite team for years to come.

We may be able to get a big man in the draft but if we can get Chillz back

Bibby,Teague,Crawford,Childress/Johnson/West

Johnson,Crawford,Evans,West,Childress

Williams,Evans,Childress,Smoove,Johnson,West

Smoove,Smith,Horford,Pachulia/Rookie(big)

Horford,Pachulia,Collins,Smith,Morris/Rookie (big)

Whenever you can look at a line up where you can go 4 deep or do at least for different rotations you got a pretty deep team

The Team this year has the potential to do something very special and even if they are spectacular enough to win the whole thing this coming season they can still use a player like Chillz to upgrade for the next season. Mo Evans can not take the place of Chillz and Neither can the player I lobby for the most that is not(yet) a hawk(Gerald Green). Gerald Green would be an option after Chillz or if Joe were to leave at least the potential of greatness in his position will be there. Reguardless Chills is a number priority because of all the things he does that may or may not show up in the stats!!

AS OF NOW BETWEEN KNIGHT/SUND THEY HAVE NOT GIVEN US HAWKS FANS TOO MUCH MORE TO ASK FOR (BESIDES MAYBE A LAKERS/PAU TYPE TRADE (MAY HAVE ALREADY HAD A SIMILAR OCCURENCE WITH JAMAL CRAWFORD), DOMINANT REBOUND/DEFENSIVE CENTER,FLIP MURRAY BIG PART OF LAST YEAR TEAM'S HEART, JOSH CHILDRESS WHO CAN FILL MULTIPLE ROLES AND POSITIONS AND WOULD NOT HURT BUT INCREASE THE CHEMISTRY ON THE TEAM).

PLEASE!! PLEASE!! PLEASE!! HELP OUT IN THE LOBBY FOR CHILDRESS DURING THIS SEASON ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU NOTICE PARTICULAR PLAYS/GAMES THAT U FEEL CHILDRESS COULD HAVE HELPED US WIN/IN.

You can't be serious. Really?

The Hawks are on the brink of being able to sign the Joe Smith's and Jerry Stackhouse's of the league at the Vet minimum because their team is so competitive and we need to burn 7 million (which is 6 times what Stack or Joe Smith will cost us) on Childress?

Are you serious?

Edited by gsuteke
  • Like 1

You can't be serious. Really?

The Hawks are on the brink of being able to sign the Joe Smith's and Jerry Stackhouse's of the league at the Vet minimum because their team is so competitive and we need to burn 7 million (which is 6 times what Stack or Joe Smith will cost us) on Childress?

Are you serious?

it's probably true that joe smith and stack is better "bang for the buck" but it's also very hard to measure how childress comparing to joe smith and/or stackhouse. they all really play differently

The real missed part:

Chillz salary = Zaza+ Collins+ Joe Smith + Mo Evans + Siler + (Stackhouse, I wish), and Hawks still have money left.

Well said !

Chillz does not equal what those 5 guys give us.

From the AJC:

Atlanta Hawks: Active Roster

No. Name Pos Exp College Ht Wt Inj

10 Bibby, Mike PG 11 Arizona 6-2 195

34 Collins, Jason F-C 8 Stanford 7-0 255

7 Crawford, Jamal G 9 Michigan 6-5 200

1 Evans, Maurice G-F 6 Texas 6-5 220

Gladyr, Sergey G R None 6-5 190

15 Horford, Al F-C 2 Florida 6-10 245

2 Johnson, Joe G 8 Arkansas 6-7 240

33 Morris, Randolph F-C 3 Kentucky 6-11 275

27 Pachulia, Zaza F-C 6 None 6-11 275

32 Smith, Joe F-C 14 Maryland 6-10 225

5 Smith, Josh F 5 None 6-9 240

0 Teague, Jeff G R Wake Forest 6-2 180

24 Williams, Marvin F 4 North Carolina 6-9 240

Head Coach: Mike Woodson

From the AJC:

Atlanta Hawks: Active Roster

No. Name Pos Exp College Ht Wt Inj

10 Bibby, Mike PG 11 Arizona 6-2 195

34 Collins, Jason F-C 8 Stanford 7-0 255

7 Crawford, Jamal G 9 Michigan 6-5 200

1 Evans, Maurice G-F 6 Texas 6-5 220

Gladyr, Sergey G R None 6-5 190

15 Horford, Al F-C 2 Florida 6-10 245

2 Johnson, Joe G 8 Arkansas 6-7 240

33 Morris, Randolph F-C 3 Kentucky 6-11 275

27 Pachulia, Zaza F-C 6 None 6-11 275

32 Smith, Joe F-C 14 Maryland 6-10 225

5 Smith, Josh F 5 None 6-9 240

0 Teague, Jeff G R Wake Forest 6-2 180

24 Williams, Marvin F 4 North Carolina 6-9 240

Head Coach: Mike Woodson

I thought Crawful was wearing #11 this season?

The real missed part:

I'm obviously not saying let's lobby for Chillz for this coming season!!

The real missed part is that both Joe's so far only have one year left on there contract. Same as Mo Evans,Collins, and maybe Siler and Stackhouse. Whatever we do/if we do decide to re offer for Chillz the price is not set in stone. Al Horford is also going to be a critical piece that needs attention but if him Marvin and Josh Smith all get closer to there potential, Teague shows potential and JJ is questionable for a return. Childress with his new found understanding on the game and improvement could be very helpful in making sure there is not much chemistry/talent lost because Smoove, Marvin, and Al may be closer to becoming the new star(s) of the team. Jamal Crawford will/should still be here along with Bibby, Zaza and maybe some new additions to compliment/fill out the team. If JJ does come back chills can still be a critical peice.

My earlier post was a lil misleading to show Chillz in this year's line up when we all know his not coming back for this coming season but I just wanted to give a visual of what our team with Chillz back on it would look like.

Teague/Bibby

(maybe) JJ/Jamal Crawford/Josh Childress

Marvin/Josh Childress

Josh Smith/?Joe will be a year older and maybe no longer an option

Al Horford/Zaza