• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New York Post: Johnson could be headed to Knicks next summer

ATLJA316

Not sure if anyone's already posted it, but I randomly came across this article just now...

Link

Hawks' Joe Johnson could be headed to Knicks next summer

By Mark Miller

Atlanta Hawks guard Joe Johnson(notes) is saying that he has no interest in signing a deal with the team before he becomes a free agent next summer, according to the New York Post.

Johnson played for New York Knicks head coach Mike D'Antoni for two years when they were both with the Phoenix Suns so he's the kind of familiar face D'Antoni likes. While the Knicks are clearly aiming to nab such big-name free agents as LeBron James(notes) and Dwyane Wade(notes) next summer, Johnson may be on the team's wish list now, too, if they can't spend all of the pennies they've saved on who they really want.

The 6'7" 28-year-old wouldn't be a bad choice. He averaged 16.4 points and 4.5 rebounds per game in the playoffs.

Edited by ATLJA316

• Premium Member

Not sure if anyone's already posted it, but I randomly came across this article just now...

Link

Hawks' Joe Johnson could be headed to Knicks next summer

By Mark Miller

Atlanta Hawks guard Joe Johnson(notes) is saying that he has no interest in signing a deal with the team before he becomes a free agent next summer, according to the New York Post.

Johnson played for New York Knicks head coach Mike D'Antoni for two years when they were both with the Phoenix Suns so he's the kind of familiar face D'Antoni likes. While the Knicks are clearly aiming to nab such big-name free agents as LeBron James(notes) and Dwyane Wade(notes) next summer, Johnson may be on the team's wish list now, too, if they can't spend all of the pennies they've saved on who they really want.

The 6'7" 28-year-old wouldn't be a bad choice. He averaged 16.4 points and 4.5 rebounds per game in the playoffs.

As you read this, you can see it is simply media speculation. This will happen a lot over the course of the season. We should expect every team that has cap space to consider Joe although it will probably happen more on team blogs.

• Moderators
NY Post reports the Knicks will sign 275 players for the 2010 season including Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, Joe Johnson, and Amare Stoudemire. Post speculates that the contacts will be aligned to create cap space to sign Jesus Christ upon the second coming.

Is there anyone the post hasn't suggested the Knicks will sign?

If they don't get Lebron,Wade or Bosh I could deffinately see them signing JJ. I think JJ is thinking the same thing I am. Some team will try to throw big money to the big three and if they don't sign I could see some team (especially the Knicks) giving JJ close to max money. We as Hawks fans know JJ is a great player just not a superstar that he sees himself at.

Is there anyone the post hasn't suggested the Knicks will sign?

what he said!